Reload this Page >

"Deadwood" question

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

"Deadwood" question

Old 10-06-05, 07:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Deadwood" question

Hi

I have just watched one episode of "Deadwood" .

I don´t speak very well english so can anyone tell me
what exactly means the expression " That whore is marked? " ... well ... some guy is banging her and goes out to another room and says that.

I know what " whore" means ....

Thanks
Old 10-06-05, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What episode/season and what whore/whorehouse was it? I do not remember this scene.
Old 10-06-05, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't remember the scene or that specific term being used either. It certainly could have been, but I don't recall it.
Old 10-06-05, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't remember that line either, but I'm wondering if he's refering to the infamous scene with the ugly naked dude in the 2nd episode. He was "banging" a girl and then went into another room sans clothes.
Old 10-06-05, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If it is an episode from the first season, maybe he was talking about the whore having smallpox.
Old 10-06-05, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think he meant she is marked for death. The old ones believe that when one is about to die a mark is placed on them so Mr. Death will know who to kill. This term is also used by gangster and low people as a way to say a person is about to die usually by someone of power. For example a small time hood bangs the Kingpins daughter. One might say the hood is marked for death because when the Kingpin hears of it he is going have him killed.
Old 10-06-05, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, I found a website that has transcripts of all the Season 1&2 episodes and there is nothing close to a line like this. So I'm wondering if maybe you just misheard the line.
Old 10-06-05, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mordred
I don't remember that line either, but I'm wondering if he's refering to the infamous scene with the ugly naked dude in the 2nd episode. He was "banging" a girl and then went into another room sans clothes.
Yes !!! It´s exactly that scene.

Before the smallpox issue ...

I think he meant she is marked for death. The old ones believe that when one is about to die a mark is placed on them so Mr. Death will know who to kill. This term is also used by gangster and low people as a way to say a person is about to die usually by someone of power. For example a small time hood bangs the Kingpins daughter. One might say the hood is marked for death because when the Kingpin hears of it he is going have him killed
I suppose it´s not about this ...

From the transcript :

Tom: This snatch is bendin’! (Laughing – Al still has Phil by the collar, pinned down on the floor – they both look at Tom, frozen in place.) What, what happened?

Phil: Ah, tipped over.

Al: And I’m helpin’ him up. Put your iron away now, Tom.

Tom: Ah, not yet! Burned it at the flag T! (Heads back to the whore’s room)

It´s this scene but I suppose there´s something missing here ...

Can anyone check the dvd ? .... please ...
Old 10-06-05, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
You've got it already. Al tells him to put his "iron" away and he walks out saying he's "marked" the whore, as in branded her with his "iron".