Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Veronica Mars -- "Driver Ed" -- 10/05/05

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-05, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really liked that episode. I thought it moved things along very well, and when Veronica is in good form, I am in good form. I was all blown away by the ending too. Staying spoiler free for this show is SUCH hard work. I know it is worth it but *twitch*

Seriously, why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near....
Old 10-06-05, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Count Dooku
The Angels played the Yankees. I think that nationally the game was carried on ESPN. But GizmoDVD is in CA, and the game would also be shown locally on a broadcast station. I'm guessing the same station that shows VM.
What tripped me up was the time difference. It made me think he was speaking of baseball nationally pre-empting VM or forcing UPN to run a rerun next week, and it wasn't connecting to me.

Thanks for the clarification.
Old 10-06-05, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Jcheckel
She was with him at a banquet at the Neptune Grand, which happens to be the hotel Duncan was staying at, and also the # Veronica called information for. So, she snuck up there to meet with Logan.
How come he didn't miss her? She stayed the night, right?

Actually, wait a sec. I thought Veronica was taking off in the morning, but maybe I was wrong about that...
Old 10-06-05, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,101 Likes on 797 Posts
Veronica was leaving early --like before a curfew would kick in, because she said if she didn't get home her dad would be missing her

As mature as Veronica is, this ain't the O.C., and I don't think Keith Mars is okay with his teenage daughter staying out all night with her boytoy
Old 10-06-05, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Veronica was leaving early --like before a curfew would kick in, because she said if she didn't get home her dad would be missing her

As mature as Veronica is, this ain't the O.C., and I don't think Keith Mars is okay with his teenage daughter staying out all night with her boytoy
That makes sense. I think it was a lighting issue. I didn't notice darkness at any point. In fact, things seemed bright to me. It probably didn't hurt my confusion that Duncan seemed to be asleep.
Old 10-06-05, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,101 Likes on 797 Posts
It probably didn't hurt my confusion that Duncan seemed to be asleep.
After riding the wildcat that I imagine Veronica to be (frequently imagine) I would probably be dead from a heart attack, so I can forgive Duncan for taking a little nappy-poo.

I expect Cordelia would leave me in a coma.
Old 10-06-05, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

After riding the wildcat that I imagine Veronica to be (frequently imagine) I would probably be dead from a heart attack, so I can forgive Duncan for taking a little nappy-poo.

I expect Cordelia would leave me in a coma.
Logan seemed to have a different impression of the Duncan-Veronica encounter than you did.

Good point about CC, though. I'd have to go through six months of high intensity cardio training before I'd trust my ticker to handle that lassy.
Old 10-06-05, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
From zap2it.com:

"Lost" drew the night's biggest audience at 9 p.m., coming in at 13.2/20. CBS jumped up to second with "Criminal Minds," 7.7/12. "Nanny 911," 4.8/7, finished third for FOX, narrowly beating "The Apprentice: Martha Stewart" on NBC. The debut of "Related" posted a 2.3/3 for The WB, topping UPN's "Veronica Mars" by a couple of tenths.
Old 10-06-05, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That's no good.
Old 10-06-05, 09:18 PM

Location: Sacremende (by way of the worst place on Earth: cincinnati, ky)
How does that compare to last season?
Old 10-07-05, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
What the deuce is Related, and how in the blue hell did it beat my Veronica?
Old 10-07-05, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
This might answer both your questions:

Old 10-07-05, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'll take Kristen Bell over any of those interchangeable barbie dolls without a second thought.
Old 10-07-05, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'll take Kristen Bell over any of those interchangeable barbie dolls without a second thought.
I definitely agree with that.

I don't understand how anyone would consider this a filler epidose, it furthered a lot of storylines, and opened a few. I swear, I'm in such a good mood after I watch this show.
Old 10-07-05, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Doc MacGyver
Any chance you guys could convince me, or at least give me a gist of what I'd be getting into?
it's sort of like a really hip nancy drew show. Just a teen age private eye sort of thing, most of the side story lines deal with highschool sort of problems. Like who fixed a school election or who someone with a bad boyfriend etc etc.. Not so much a focus on say solving the local bank robbery or those sort of large city wide problems. That sort of focus really lets the show bump into the same characters over and over so you get to know them a little more..

that helps the over all "who done it" story line that is running the whole time in season one... Plus season one also wraps up all nice and neat at the end.. So no worries of hitting that last ep and still having no idea WTF is going on. It's pretty much one lone self contained story..

I only started watching it last year after so many here were going on and on about it... It hooked me in really quick being it's a really well written show..

as for the last ep.. Pretty good over all.. I think with how last year's season ended with large leaps forward in the main story line many of ya forgot that a lot of eps were "little problem" and then solved at the end..

ah the power of promo ads I guess..
Old 10-10-05, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love Jennifer Esposito, but I would never ditch Veronica Mars in favor of her new show.
Old 10-10-05, 06:30 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I thought it was a good episode.

I'm not a fan of the baseball players daughter so far, but I felt the same way about Logan and they managed to redeem him until this season.

Mr. Casablancas does seem to have a bit of psycho in him.
Old 10-11-05, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DeadLamb
it's sort of like a really hip nancy drew show. Just a teen age private eye sort of thing, most of the side story lines deal with highschool sort of problems. Like who fixed a school election or who someone with a bad boyfriend etc etc.. Not so much a focus on say solving the local bank robbery or those sort of large city wide problems. That sort of focus really lets the show bump into the same characters over and over so you get to know them a little more..

that helps the over all "who done it" story line that is running the whole time in season one... Plus season one also wraps up all nice and neat at the end.. So no worries of hitting that last ep and still having no idea WTF is going on. It's pretty much one lone self contained story..

I only started watching it last year after so many here were going on and on about it... It hooked me in really quick being it's a really well written show..

as for the last ep.. Pretty good over all.. I think with how last year's season ended with large leaps forward in the main story line many of ya forgot that a lot of eps were "little problem" and then solved at the end..

ah the power of promo ads I guess..
Gracias, I'll check it out today, then, when I pick up Arrested Development S2.

Doc
Old 10-11-05, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MrX
I thought it was a good episode.

I'm not a fan of the baseball players daughter so far, but I felt the same way about Logan and they managed to redeem him until this season.

Mr. Casablancas does seem to have a bit of psycho in him.

Which means they did their job right because you werent supposed to like Logan.