Reload this Page >

The O.C. --9/29/05

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The O.C. --9/29/05

Old 09-30-05, 04:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,073 Likes on 773 Posts
The O.C. --9/29/05

Wow! Nobody started a thread for the new episode.

I guess all the people saying that the show sucked last season and didn't get any better with the start of the new season have abandoned ship,
and also two big competitors --Alias and Smallville, had their premieres tonight.

Anywho... All we found out was what everybody had guessed was going to happen anyways.

Mean Dean and Marcia Brady are gettin it awn.
Seven of Nine is up to no good, and looks smokin hot in a tank top.
Julie Cooper is gonna have to resurrect her adult film career to make some scratch.

Meeting Marissa's new public school chums, I was getting the vibe for a possible spin-off...
Like on Married with Children when they tried to launch the spinoff about the guys working at the radio station at Bud's college (with Felicity)
But I digress...

One new piece of information: Ryan is going to be tutored at home.
Will his tutor be a sexy, older woman who decides to instruct him in the art of love-making?
And, c'mon... Ryan is definitely going to be a guy who has mommy issues when it comes to his libido.

The show will be gone for a while to make way for the national pastime.
When it comes back, will anyone care?

---I will miss you, Mischa. I think you are pretty, and I like to look at you on my TV.
Old 09-30-05, 06:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Dean thing was almost groan worthy. I think everyone's seen it coming for weeks. I expected more from the OC.

Seth and Summer had the top performances of the week, and they along with Sandy, are keeping the show afloat. I did feel bad for Ryan though.

The previews for the return look decent. Having Ryan decide to turn away from Sandy's ideals should be interesting. I dunno, all and all, the show is really mediocre. I don't think there's anything really special going on, and I feel like most people are just watching it "because" now.
Old 09-30-05, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
I'm starting to think Jeri Ryan is a woman w/ a horribly mediocre face on top of a nice body. She's not hot at all.

This show is on life support.
Old 09-30-05, 07:56 AM

This show is on life support.
Since day one.

I'd imagine this show show will limp on for two more seasons...
Old 09-30-05, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I don't think the show's on life support, it's still pretty popular. Personally I never get to watch it till days after it's been on so I hardly ever post about it on here. I hope it lasts for about two maybe three more seasons but I don't want it to last any longer than that.
Old 09-30-05, 08:46 AM

Judging from the previews for future episodes we are going to have to endure another "Marissa starts falling for another guy which tests the relationship" plot. Gee...haven't seen that before. The shows not on life support but it's vital signs don't look good.
Old 09-30-05, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts
At least Jeri Ryan's character is a con-artist rather than some psycho stalker.
Old 09-30-05, 09:02 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
...and here I was hoping she was a lesbian.
Old 09-30-05, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Red Dog
True. Maybe it will give Sandy a chance to kick some ass alongside Ryan.

The one thing I am enjoying this season is Summer.
Old 09-30-05, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by B.A.
I'm starting to think Jeri Ryan is a woman w/ a horribly mediocre face on top of a nice body. She's not hot at all.
Have you been watching it in HD?

Enjoying the rivalry between Summer and the other girl, though she's a bit too much of a Tracy Flick / Paris Gellar ripoff.

They're not giving Cohen enough to do this year.
Old 09-30-05, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by boogieman03
...and here I was hoping she was a lesbian.
Tehre's still time.
Old 09-30-05, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lordwow
The Dean thing was almost groan worthy. I think everyone's seen it coming for weeks. I expected more from the OC.
What don't you see coming on The OC now adays. There are more twists on Days of our lives. Is Josh Schwartz just out of ideas after a fun first season or did he hand creative control over to Mc G?

What's next Jeri Ryan in a tight silver suit for sweeps??
Old 09-30-05, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Meatpants
Have you been watching it in HD?
Exactly.
Old 09-30-05, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 801 Likes on 591 Posts
Originally Posted by Cancer Man
Since day one.

I'd imagine this show show will limp on for two more seasons...
The O.C. hasn't been on life support since day one. Have you even seen the first season? The first season is one of the best seasons of tv that I have ever seen expect for Mischa's acting and the arrival of Oliver. It also had the best holiday episodes of any series that I have ever seen and that is alot of series. I find it hard for someone who comes in to comment on Jeri Ryan every week and say how she is such a great actress to be able determine what is quality tv.
Old 09-30-05, 01:18 PM

Oh, don't mind me and my sarcastic comments, lwhy?

I never felt that The OC was a truly awful television show; awful TV is Jerry Springer, most reality TV or The Love Boat. I thought The OC started off a decent if somewhat trashy TV show, but I liked alot the characters; especially Sandy and Kirsten Cohen. The first season showed promise, then it all went horribly wrong in Season Two.

But Season Three is not too bad, The OC is it's same silly self and it's hitting it's stride once again. I find Season Three more watchable than Season Two, and hopefully The OC will go back to it's Season One excellence despite what some cynics would say.
Old 09-30-05, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I think kirsten and sandy have a baby next year.

That should keep it alive for one more year.
Old 09-30-05, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
I cancelled the season pass for this show on my DVR.
Old 09-30-05, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This show's been creatively dead since the end of the first season. An occassional wry smile is all it elicits out of me these days.
Old 09-30-05, 06:42 PM
Banned

Please FOX let their be a fourth season. I actually love this show. You guys bitch and moan to much. Don't like it? Shut it off
Old 09-30-05, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Dalvin
Please FOX let their be a fourth season. I actually love this show. You guys bitch and moan to much. Don't like it? Shut it off
You've never been to tv talk then have you. Everyone watches a show and bitches and moan about it. I remember your first post about the O.C. was one trashing the show.

your first post about the O.C. http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...1&page=2&pp=25
I have a real problem with this show. Before moving to Los Angeles to live with my wife. I grew up in posh Newport Beach(where this show takes place). Its pretty sad that the show, which is so superficial in nature, gets hailed as a classic. Alot of what the show is made up, but the wealth, egos and money is all true!!!!!! I don't see why everyone fantasises about this show.

your second post about the O.C.
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...=404921&page=2
If you like the show, fine. What I can't stand is people promoting this, and given many kids a warped sense of reality. I grew up in this area, trust me, there are alot of nice kids, and alot of stuck up pricks. In the early 90's when Death Row was really a huge thing, everyone at my school(extremly waelthy) would come to school with 15" rims, and blasting Snoop, with a Compton hat on and say stupid stuff like, "AHHHHH YeaHHHH". The (Real) Oc is such a joke. If you want to luagh(I'm serious) drive down to Newport Beach, walk into a supermarket during high school lunch hour and listen to how they talk and act. They think there shit don't stink. Its all B.S.and people buy into this mentality. The reason I get so pissed is that people in third world countries have horrendous stuff happen to them everyday where they can barely get one meal a day if they are even lucky(trust me I went on a mission trip and I know), yet whenI was working down there helping to build a seminary, they would always be gratful and thankful. These kids today(especially OC) think that if there bread isn't on a baquette roll with Dijon mustard its the end of the world(trust me I have seen a girl who threw a5 min fit, becuase they didn't have "her" mustard in. I have been around the block, and if you have money great!If you don't, great!!! The one thing that pisses me off more than anything, is people with egos, people who think they are better than other people and people who don't give people in tough jobs the respect they deserve. Karma will come around.

The OC is beautiful glamerous and ritzy(well....Newport Beach is), but the sad thing is, just like Santa Cluas, the people of the OC are mostly fake.
Old 09-30-05, 06:56 PM
Banned

If you want to be a lwayer and recount what people say, then go to Law School. I know what I said. I wasn't giving the show a chance. It also scares me, you actually took the time to look up those old posts.

Oliver?
Old 09-30-05, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you only want to see your favorable views reflected, go join The O.C. fanclub forum, which would preclude the mere mention of anything remotely critical and casts a blind-eye towards this shows recent failure of storytelling prowess. Perhaps avoiding TV Talk, or any place for that matter which caters to all those who may have various points of view, would be a better occupation of your time.

A great deal of these posts are coming from individuals, unlike yourself, who actually did bother to give this show a chance early on. This early enjoyment and investment in the characters is exactly the reason for present-day dejection and the occasional critical polemic regarding the direction the show has taken.

Last edited by meritocracy; 09-30-05 at 07:32 PM.
Old 09-30-05, 08:01 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
If you want to be a lwayer and recount what people say, then go to Law School. I know what I said. I wasn't giving the show a chance. It also scares me, you actually took the time to look up those old posts.

Oliver?

Wow, not a very good comeback.
Old 09-30-05, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Oliver?
Believe it or not I have an excellent memory and when you started complaining about people complaining about the quality of season three of the O.C. I had to go back and show your hypocritical comments. All you have to do is search by user name in an exact forum. It took me less than 5 secs to pull that up.

The fact is according to me someone who has seen every episode of the show that has aired, has both seasons on dvd, and tapes every episode until the dvds come out. The writing is very very subpar now. Season one was one of the best season of a tv series that I have ever seen!!! Season two and season three are nowhere near that quality. I don't even know what they are trying to do anymore on the show. They need some new quality writers or the need to create some new likeable and interesting characters.

Last edited by lwhy?; 09-30-05 at 11:42 PM.
Old 09-30-05, 10:49 PM

I agree with most of you, this show now sucks. My wife and I enjoyed season 1, season 2 we watched most of it, and after the 2nd episode of this season it has been removed from our to do list on our dvr. I wonder how this show is doing in the ratings.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.