TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

House - "Humpty Dumpty" - 9/27

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-05, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
House - "Humpty Dumpty" - 9/27

Spoiler:
An asthmatic man suddenly becomes unconscious and falls off of Dr. Cuddy's roof while working on her house.
Old 09-28-05, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Another good epsiode. I like the bits about whether or not House and Cuddy ever did. I felt it was pretty messed up they (writers) let him lose the hand, even with the lawsuit in the end.
Old 09-28-05, 02:09 AM

Location: Sacremende (by way of the worst place on Earth: cincinnati, ky)
I liked this ep too. A little more Cuddycentric, which is something I don't really remember them doing last season.

I tend to skip the previews for the next ep, but did they say if the show was going on hiatus until November like they did with Bones?
Old 09-28-05, 02:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Epguides says november.
Old 09-28-05, 03:04 AM

Location: Sacremende (by way of the worst place on Earth: cincinnati, ky)
Darn. Well I guess it'll give me a chance to catch My Name is Earl and The Office on delay while I watch Supernatural in real time. Unless my team makes the playoffs.
Old 09-28-05, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I loved the show. Too bad we get no new episodes until November. Stupid baseball.

Wasn't that final song used on LOST not too long ago?
Old 09-28-05, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
The preview at the end did say that the show would return November 1st.

I enjoyed the show as ususal, and still love the way they continue to develop characters through different cases, as we got more hints about House and Cuddy's past relationship.

The only part of the show that I didn't care for was Foreman, House, and the little racism speech. I was expecting a final retort by House, and I was surprised we didn't get one.
Old 09-28-05, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Another great episode.

House doesnt give a final retort...when he knows the other guy is right.
Old 09-28-05, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Houce is such a bold show, Im amazed that the moral of the side story was

"You must allow ignorant minorities to learn hard lessons, and not help them"
Old 09-28-05, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Another great episode.

House doesnt give a final retort...when he knows the other guy is right.
I didn't think Foreman was right at all. The patient was a jackass. I too was waiting for the final retort. But then again...maybe I got the situation wrong. I thought that Foreman had prescribed the man a drug and the guy didn't like the answer so he came back for a second opinion. This time House tried to prescribe the same medication as Foreman and got the same answer from the patient. Then House pretended to change the medication to "The republican version" and the guy took it, but it was still the same prescription all along. Did I miss something? Cause the patient sounds like a moron and I don't see where House did anything wrong.
Old 09-28-05, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by pdutta2000
I didn't think Foreman was right at all. The patient was a jackass. I too was waiting for the final retort. But then again...maybe I got the situation wrong. I thought that Foreman had prescribed the man a drug and the guy didn't like the answer so he came back for a second opinion. This time House tried to prescribe the same medication as Foreman and got the same answer from the patient. Then House pretended to change the medication to "The republican version" and the guy took it, but it was still the same prescription all along. Did I miss something? Cause the patient sounds like a moron and I don't see where House did anything wrong.
You got the situation correct. The point Foreman was trying to make was the fact that House did exactly what the patient thought the white medical profession would do: lie. Now I agree the patient was a moron but it's not like there isn't a history of some medical practitioners being less than honest with black patients. Foreman was arguing that going the paternalistic route like House did is not the best way to gain a patient's trust (even if it does save his life). Liked the episode, especially House’s bit on guilt sex. I spent most of the episode wondering how it is that none of them spoke Spanish in this day and age but of course that was just House keeping it on the DL.
Old 09-28-05, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by lisadoris
You got the situation correct. The point Foreman was trying to make was the fact that House did exactly what the patient thought the white medical profession would do: lie. Now I agree the patient was a moron but it's not like there isn't a history of some medical practitioners being less than honest with black patients. Foreman was arguing that going the paternalistic route like House did is not the best way to gain a patient's trust (even if it does save his life).
Thanks for the clarification. I guess I do agree with Foreman.
Old 09-28-05, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by wetsprockets
Darn. Well I guess it'll give me a chance to catch My Name is Earl and The Office on delay while I watch Supernatural in real time. Unless my team makes the playoffs.
My team got kicked out of the playoff race yesterday. Another playoff season where I refuse to watch a game.
Old 09-28-05, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I actually think you got the second opinion bit wrong. He didn't come back for a second opinion, he did come back specifically for the not black drug, which he considdered racist (I really don't see how this could be racist).

I don't think they would leave the racism bit just like that. It was a very minor part of 1 episode. I expect it to peek back into the storyline. Possibly the thing that gets Foreman to venture elsewhere.
Old 09-28-05, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Did I miss something? Cause the patient sounds like a moron and I don't see where House did anything wrong.
The patient was wrong and a moron..but Foreman made a great point. Foreman is saying african americans deserve the truth..and shouldnt be protected from themselves..

I beleive was gist of it.
Old 09-28-05, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
House didn't lie to him because he was black; House lied to him because he was being an idiot.
Old 09-28-05, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by superdeluxe
The patient was wrong and a moron..but Foreman made a great point. Foreman is saying african americans deserve the truth..and shouldnt be protected from themselves..

I beleive was gist of it.
Except that's what House always does. He protects people, regardless of what color or race they are, from making stupid decisions. I just expected House to make another comment on that fact that not everything needs to be about race.
Old 09-28-05, 11:19 PM

Thanks for the clarification. I guess I do agree with Foreman.
The lecture from Foreman only came because the patient was black. Everytime House has to work the clinic, he lies to the patient to get rid of them quicker. This wasnt any different.

Only 3 episodes in and now I have to wait a whole month for more episodes. They need a better plan in the fall when baseball comes. But they usually dont have that many hit shows so supposedly this should mean a longer season.

-- So what do you guys think: Red thongs? I think red thongs.

Last edited by uhftv; 09-28-05 at 11:24 PM.