Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

America's Next Top Model: The Mental Institution Edition

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-05, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
America's Next Top Model: The Mental Institution Edition

Come on, is no one watching this, the wackiest of reality shows? The new cast is chock full of batshit insane gals. It could be a very funny season.

Coryn's eyebrows and brutally honest assessment of her mom
Cassandra basically calling herself a sociopath with no emotions
Nicole's constant bitching plus her fetishistic desire for chapstick (I've never heard the word "chapstick" so many times in one minute)
Sarah stumbling all over herself like a baby deer learning to walk for the first time and making out with...
Kim, the very, very boyish lesbian
Ebony, the complete wacko high school student who will be bouncing off the walls in no time

And the rest are nutso too. Come on, this is a hilarious show.
Old 09-22-05, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Lemme know when they're offering a chance to win a "touch test"..
Old 09-22-05, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Rogue588
Lemme know when they're offering a chance to win a "touch test"..
Ummm.... you haven't seen these girls, apparently. Let's just say they don't fit the "traditional" definition of beauty.
Old 09-22-05, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I love the show and the fact that there are less "cookie cutter" models on it. Quite a wacky group though. I loved that the girl with the "pretty gene" got cut first - hah!
Old 09-22-05, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by Gil Jawetz
Ummm.... you haven't seen these girls, apparently. Let's just say they don't fit the "traditional" definition of beauty.
Maybe it's time to give heterosexuals a chance to pick female models for a while.
Old 09-22-05, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
sigh.

From a post in the Adult forum...

NEW YORK – Talk about keeping it real: Tyra Banks underwent a televised sonogram on her new talk show to prove that her breasts aren't fake.

“I'm tired of this rumor. It's something that's followed me forever,” the supermodel said Tuesday on The Tyra Banks Show.

After Banks asked the men in the audience to leave, Dr. Garth Fisher from ABC's Extreme Makeover performed a touch test and then the sonogram. He concluded: “Tyra Banks has natural breasts; there are no implants.”

“By no means am I saying a breast implant is a bad thing, but it's not a choice that I made,” the 31-year-old model said. “But it's something that a lot of the public ... think that I have, and that's so frustrating for me.”

Banks, who models for Victoria's Secret, also displayed how her push-up bra exaggerated her body. However, Banks said she's not totally real.

“I got fake hair, y'all. I got fake eyelashes.”

The hour-long show was, as Banks declared, “all about breasts!” It also featured lessons on proper fitting and an appearance from a slimmed-down Anna Nicole Smith.

Aside from her syndicated daytime talk show, Banks also hosts America's Next Model. The fifth installment of the UPN reality series was to premiere Wednesday.
Way ta kill a joke, poindexter...

Old 09-22-05, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love this show. These chicks are so dysfunctional.

It seems as though they are really hooking up their contestants this year...house, limo, etc.
Old 09-22-05, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I was disappointed that they booted out who they booted out, purely from a physical perspective. The other girl who got the last photo had the largest lips ever on this show in 4-5 cycles so far.
Old 09-22-05, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts
I admittedly haven't watched the premiere yet (collecting digital dust on my DVR), but it's hard for me to be disappointed with someone who looks like this:

...obsessed with Chapstick or no.
Old 09-22-05, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

She looks like jailbait.
Old 09-22-05, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

She has a certain jailbait mallrat je ne se quois, but she's a total fruitcake. And the rest of the cast is mostly a grizzly bunch. It's excellent!
Old 09-22-05, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Looking at the site, this one brings the hawt for me...

Old 09-22-05, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

She's the "plus" sized model. That photo is very flattering, but the ultra-revealing outfits they will have her wear on the show will not be.

I kind of think they shouldn't have plus sized models on. Not out of discrimination, but because it's a totally different industry and judging them against each other makes no sense. It would be like having one rapper on American Idol or Rockstar INXS.
Old 09-22-05, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

She's the "plus" sized model.
I see a pattern emerging...
Old 09-23-05, 03:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,100 Likes on 796 Posts
I really liked the redhead that didn't make the cut because (seriously) she was both too fat and too thin.

Of the girls that made the show, this one
is the hottest of the bunch
Old 09-23-05, 06:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Rogue588
I see a pattern emerging...
Nothin' wrong with a little meat on the bone! More bounce to the once!
Old 09-23-05, 07:00 AM

Location: Sacremende (by way of the worst place on Earth: cincinnati, ky)
I don't know. This model looks fine to me.

So what are her personality quirks?
Old 09-23-05, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by wetsprockets
I don't know. This model looks fine to me.
So what are her personality quirks?
I think she's one of the few "normal" ones, although I don't recall. I know that she works at a Dairy Queen, a job that she claims to "love" so that's weird already.
Old 12-08-05, 02:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,100 Likes on 796 Posts
There hasn't been an ANTM thread started since this one from when the new season premiered.

Last night, they picked the winner, and it was Nicole.

And I figured I'd resurrect this thread and congratulate all the astute connoisseurs of female beauty who showed Nicole the love three months ago.
Old 12-08-05, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

As long as Nicole doesn't have to be a "spokesmodel" she'll do alright. She's a disaster when she's asked to spout lines about a product. I had picked Nik, but her walk was pretty terrible (had the stupid head bobbing and weaving), but she never did anything to change it.
Old 12-08-05, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts
Originally Posted by Count Dooku
And I figured I'd resurrect this thread and congratulate all the astute connoisseurs of female beauty who showed Nicole the love three months ago.
I figured it would come down to Nik and Nicole because the show couldn't possibly resist having models with similar names as the final two, and it couldn't be Nik because they were overselling the "wow, isn't she amazing?" stuff for too long now. (If a reality show is pumping up one person near the finale, the chances of her actually winning are remote.) Glad to see that Nicole won -- none of my picks in previous seasons ever did.
Old 12-08-05, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I picked Nik from week 3, I think. Couldn't stand Bre at all. Nicole's got that "crooked mouth when she talks" thing going on, it's a bit distracting when she's trying to promote something.
Old 12-08-05, 09:45 AM

Wow, a pleasantly surprising upset. I was not expecting Nicole to win, though she was certainly my personal favorite and I wanted her to get it. I wasn't sure if she SHOULD get it until this final episode, but I really think she amped up her game in the final runway show, changing her image and energy. Nik was pretty much the same as we've seen her. I also thought Nicole's Cover Girl photo was superior (and she did a great Cover Girl photo previously) capturing more of that hair tossing, over-the-shoulder signature look of the company. Of course she botched the commercial, but I guess that didn't factor in so strongly. She also has a bit of a North DaKOWta accent that may need some dialect coaching.

I think in all previous seasons my personal favorite never won, so I am very interested in seeing where Nicole goes with this. Hopefully not on The Surreal Life.

Last edited by guoxiong; 12-08-05 at 10:12 AM.
Old 12-08-05, 04:33 PM

I got hooked into this watching some marathon on VH1 this weekend. Out of the final three I am glad that Nicole won. I liked the brunette gal that got cut last week out of the bunch though.
Old 12-08-05, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

damn she is pale

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.