DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Reunion -- "1987" -- 09/22/05 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/438895-reunion-1987-09-22-05-a.html)

Jimmy James 09-23-05 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Patman
I wonder if Fox will pull the plug after a dozen episodes or so, and then release the concluding episode on DVD. I could see that happening.

Is it because that was their decision on many past failed shows? Either way, good call. I have a feeling they're going to be told to speed up the progression through the years and wrap this sucker up.

DJariya 09-23-05 10:14 PM

I'd rather have FOX keep this show on the air it's 20 episodes than pull out the reality crap like Skating with the Stars (which is airing soon) or some other BS dating shows.

At least FOX is making a commitment to some scripted shows.

Jimmy James 09-23-05 10:19 PM

I have this gut feeling that Fox might try sitcoms after The OC or something like that. Maybe that's what they'll do with the AD/KC block after they get tired of it on Mondays.

DRG 09-24-05 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
i wonder what idiot reviewer said "may be the best show since lost", or is that i fox made up quote just to get people to watch.

Here's the 4 star review that accompanied it:
http://www.nypost.com/tv/53017.htm

The actual quote is

"IF you have become totally disgusted by low-life, real-life TV and its sibling low-watt, scripted-junk shows, take heart. There is hope on the horizon, and it's coming in the form of "Reunion," a show so unusual in its format and plot that it will rival both "Lost" and "24" in creativity and "The O.C." in its character development."

As for the episode, it's a really junky show. But I'll keep at it for a little while longer, unless the Thursday conflict becomes too overbearing. It's amusingly bad. I still don't think it "feels" like the 80s. The cast isn't very good. The format is clunky (are things going to keep conveniently hapening whenever this group converges once a year?). The plotlines are generic soap stuff. The musical choices are uninspired. And yet, I want to know what happens next.

LorenzoL 09-24-05 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by DRG
Here's the 4 star review that accompanied it:
http://www.nypost.com/tv/53017.htm

The actual quote is

"IF you have become totally disgusted by low-life, real-life TV and its sibling low-watt, scripted-junk shows, take heart. There is hope on the horizon, and it's coming in the form of "Reunion," a show so unusual in its format and plot that it will rival both "Lost" and "24" in creativity and "The O.C." in its character development."

As for the episode, it's a really junky show. But I'll keep at it for a little while longer, unless the Thursday conflict becomes too overbearing. It's amusingly bad. I still don't think it "feels" like the 80s. The cast isn't very good. The format is clunky (are things going to keep conveniently hapening whenever this group converges once a year?). The plotlines are generic soap stuff. The musical choices are uninspired. And yet, I want to know what happens next.

I love this line on the review "plot that it will rival both "Lost" and "24" in creativity". :lol: I wish.

In regards to the music, I feel that they used the Billboard 100 of that particular year as a guide and used whichever songs was cheaper to acquire.

movieking 09-24-05 04:54 AM

The second episode was a huge step down from the first one. I'll keep watching for now, but the potential of this show has been wasted.

Cardiff Giant11 09-24-05 10:26 AM

done with it as well here. The first episode was so so and I decided to watch the second. This one was even worse.

Gizmo 09-24-05 12:51 PM

I didn't make it past the 15 year mark, but for those 6 people that did, did they mention something like "1988? Yeah...What a weird year...let me tell you about it'?

Original Desmond 09-24-05 09:05 PM

Ill give it 1 or 2 more years

Bad sign when you are always checking to see how much time is left

JuryDuty 09-24-05 11:17 PM

I'm still hanging with this one, but I'm a bit nervous: My TiVo shows an episode next week, but nothing the week after that... :(

Patman 09-24-05 11:29 PM

Let's hope the writers weren't so clumsy in having Jenna say that who knows what will happen in 20 years and that she'd probably by dead in 20 years. That leaves just 3 choices for who got killed: Aaron, Sam or Craig.

DRG 09-24-05 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
I'm still hanging with this one, but I'm a bit nervous: My TiVo shows an episode next week, but nothing the week after that... :(

I'm guessing baseball.

MrX 09-25-05 01:22 AM

My feelings remain the same as they didd after the pilot, It stinks.

How this show got rave reveiws is one of lifes great mysteries.

movieking 09-25-05 12:08 PM

BTW, we will find out who was killed in the fifth episode, if anyone is planning to stick around that long.

Jadzia 09-25-05 01:19 PM

Ooh, that was some foreshadowing with Aaron getting on the bus to Seattle. Will he strike it big in the tech boom, coffee or as a grunge rocker?

kevin75 09-25-05 07:39 PM

this was pretty bad. if anyone is still wondering who's dead, i am thinking either the model chick or the rich guy. at least, that's who i am hoping.

Raul3 09-25-05 10:19 PM

I watched it last Friday in my DVR and it ran fast, I wasn't checking the time. Still, I think it was a step below the pilot.

Chauzer 09-26-05 12:04 AM

i like this show :)

Geofferson 09-26-05 08:36 AM

Watched this episode over the weekend and felt it was pretty bad. I'll probably stick with it for a couple episodes to see if it improves (that is if it's not yet canceled).

Tracer Bullet 09-26-05 10:00 AM

I haven't watched this episode yet, and judging from the comments, I think this'll be the first show of the season I dump.

Chew 09-26-05 10:03 AM

I'll watch to the baseball break, but there's a lot of other stuff on at that time that I could be recording instead. I might not continue once it comes back.

uhftv 09-28-05 02:06 AM

The show's reached 'so bad it's funny' levels for those who havent seen it. There is something about the cheesiness that makes me want to keep watching.

A laugh track added might be a nice touch

Groucho 09-28-05 08:28 AM

This show is completely ridiculous and stupid, yet somehow I keep watching.

How do I become a tv writer? I can roll out idiotic clichés like "If neither of us is married at 30, we'll marry each other!" just as easily as the next guy.