DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Reunion -- "1987" -- 09/22/05 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/438895-reunion-1987-09-22-05-a.html)

LorenzoL 09-22-05 04:26 AM

Reunion -- "1987" -- 09/22/05

"1987" Episode #102.
Spoiler:
A former cellmate offers Will a business proposition; Detective Marjorino traces the murder weapon to one of the friends.

Cast: Will Estes, Sean Faris, Dave Annable, Alexa Davalos, Amanda Righetti, Chyler Leigh, Mathew St. Patrick, Gregory Harrison, Fred Keating, Bill Mondy, Adrian Holmes.

Producer(s): Jon Harmon Feldman, Steve Pearlman, Andrew Plotkin .

Original Airdate: September 22, 2005.

Chew 09-22-05 06:03 AM

It's been so long since the pilot, I don't remember much.

Gizmo 09-22-05 11:03 PM

Does anyone care?

meritocracy 09-22-05 11:07 PM

After the first I didn't think I'd care. After the second, I'm sure I don't.

Gizmo 09-22-05 11:13 PM

Yawn, I'm done.

gregx55 09-23-05 04:49 AM

I must say the only reason I was even watching this was Alexa Davalos but I think I'm done with it.

LorenzoL 09-23-05 05:51 AM

This show is really bad but for some reason I keep on watching it and I don't know why.

Will being the priest at the end was funny not shocking.

I don't see this show lasting much longer in its current timeslot and chances are very slim that we'll ever know who was murdered and who was the killer.

B.A. 09-23-05 07:00 AM

This show is just laughably bad. The writing is poor - as is the entire set-up for each episode/year. This thing is like a dying deer on the side of the road - it's just waiting for someone to come along and put it out of its misery.

Ayre 09-23-05 07:25 AM

Very weak show.

Snowmaker 09-23-05 07:44 AM

Yet, it somehow got great reviews.

Best part last night was the Whitesnake video parody. rotfl

What did they say was the name of that band anyway?

Patman 09-23-05 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by B.A.
This show is just laughably bad. The writing is poor - as is the entire set-up for each episode/year. This thing is like a dying deer on the side of the road - it's just waiting for someone to come along and put it out of its misery.

They had that scene on E.R. last night.

B.A. 09-23-05 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Patman
They had that scene on E.R. last night.

I know.

:D

DeadLamb 09-23-05 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Whitesnake video parody. rotfl
What did they say was the name of that band anyway?

when she walked in she said it was a Hazard video.... sep then later outside the bar the guy goes "hanging out with your whitesnake friends". Wonder if that was done for some legal reason?

The first ep of the show I thought was ok and the 'hook' of a new year every ep was interesting. Execpt some how they have managed to screw all that up and now make the show feel like it's dragging on and on all by just the 2nd ep!?! Maybe it's knowing that one would have to suffer past 18 MORE eps to get to the end!!

WHY does that one guy always get a long winded and poorly written rant every ep? Geeeeeeesh.. the first ep it was the speech about how "..he does not love you!!!" and this ep he went on and on about something 1 and something 2 and then rip a heart out etc etc.. I'm not sure being I was really starting to not pay attention by then.

I still think the idea of behind the show is an interesting one but who ever was put in charge of hashing out the story lines, failed..

Snowmaker 09-23-05 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by DeadLamb
when she walked in she said it was a Hazard video.... sep then later outside the bar the guy goes "hanging out with your whitesnake friends". Wonder if that was done for some legal reason?

I thought he said "Whitesnake" sarcastically.

DeadLamb 09-23-05 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
I thought he said "Whitesnake" sarcastically.

I think that guy lacks the acting range to pull off "sarcastically" or anything else for that matter!! -ptth- heh

or I might just be bitter that they did not show more of Amanda Righetti rolling around on a car hood in all her Tawny Kitaen glory

lwhy? 09-23-05 01:17 PM

I thought that it was bad also. I like Will Estes, but I don't see where they are going with his story making him a priest. The age progression makeup on this show is horrible. Somebody needs to tell Dave Annable that he is not Seth Coen and he is not funny. Seth Coen isn't even funny anymore on the O.C. I want to keep watching this with hope that it will get better, but it reminds me of how bad Point Pleasant was

Jonny2k1 09-23-05 01:21 PM

I'm definitely done with this show. I only had this on as background last night and I thought about turning it off the entire time. I'm officially done.

Snowmaker 09-23-05 01:33 PM

You know what? I may just keep watching. Its so bad that its kind of good (like Showgirls), plus who knows when we'll ever see Chyler Leigh again? :D

SexualPudding 09-23-05 01:51 PM

I noticed they also got cheap with the music in this episode. I could be wrong, but I think they only played "known" songs at the very beginning and very end of the episode this time, with generic stuff inbetween. Guess they shot their wad with the music in the pilot.

This show deserves to be cancelled, but I can see it lasting a while for some reason.

Rypro 525 09-23-05 02:10 PM

i wonder what idiot reviewer said "may be the best show since lost", or is that i fox made up quote just to get people to watch.

rkndkn 09-23-05 03:05 PM

I'm quitting, as well. On top of the bad acting and writing, I find none of the characters worth caring about.

I'll just read online to find out who is killed/the killer if they ever get that far (and to see if I'm correct about Sam's baby growing up and killing Craig.)

Jimmy James 09-23-05 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
i wonder what idiot reviewer said "may be the best show since lost", or is that i fox made up quote just to get people to watch.

That does sound like a David Manning job.

I wonder what genius thought it was a good idea to give the man who gave us Tru Calling free reign to produce his *second best* idea.

It was probably the same genius who waited for Tru to get half decent before deciding to yank it.

We know monkeys don't program Fox because their decisions don't make enough sense for that explain it.

DeadLamb 09-23-05 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Rypro 525

tag line from a paper a few days from now:
Be sure to watch Reunion!! Rypro 525 on DVDtalk says "....maybe be best show since lost...... get people to watch"!

hehehe.. It's just THAT easy to warp just about anything into a good review..

Patman 09-23-05 07:05 PM

Every now and then I get distracted by bad teeth when the story at hand fails to engage me, and both Chyler and Alexa have some scary teeth in HiDef.

Patman 09-23-05 09:17 PM

I wonder if Fox will pull the plug after a dozen episodes or so, and then release the concluding episode on DVD. I could see that happening.