DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Invasion -- Series Premiere "Pilot" -- 09/21/05 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/438745-invasion-series-premiere-pilot-09-21-05-a.html)

LorenzoL 09-20-05 11:26 PM

Invasion -- Series Premiere "Pilot" -- 09/21/05

"Pilot"
Spoiler:
A Florida park ranger probes strange happenings in his community when the town sheriff quarantines the entire area after a hurricane.

Cast: William Fichtner, Eddie Cibrian, Lisa Sheridan, Kari Matchett, Tyler Labine, Evan Peters, Ariel Gade, Alexis Dziena, Aisha Hinds, Jeanetta Arnette, Frank Collison, Bryan Anthony, Ivar Brogger, Phe Caplan, Holmes Osborne, Amy Watt , Scott Mercer , Rich Skidmore , Robert Standley, Ryan Honey.
Director(s): Thomas Schlamme.
Producer(s): Shaun Cassidy, Lawrence Trilling.
Writer(s): Shaun Cassidy.

Original Airdate: September 21, 2005.

LorenzoL 09-20-05 11:27 PM

The last of the so-called "Lost" clones to finally air.

Joe Molotov 09-20-05 11:27 PM

I hope this lives up the hype. It'll make a good two hour block with Lost.

Rogue588 09-20-05 11:30 PM

I want to watch this, but since i'll be DJing and Replay'n Law & Order, i'll be missing it.

Maybe if it pops up on usenet, i'll give it a look...maybe.

movieking 09-21-05 06:25 AM

Ditto. I am not that interested in the premise, or the cast, but I might check it out just to make sure it is as bad as it looks.

B.A. 09-21-05 07:19 AM

What's the critical word on this?

I actually skipped SURFACE (which is weird because I give everything a chance), and I still haven't made up my mind whether I'll watch this or do something more productive w/ my time - I'm leaning towards the latter.

LorenzoL 09-21-05 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by B.A.
What's the critical word on this?

I actually skipped SURFACE (which is weird because I give everything a chance), and I still haven't made up my mind whether I'll watch this or do something more productive w/ my time - I'm leaning towards the latter.

IMO, you didn't miss much in regards to Surface.

Take a look at the reviews of the various TV critics for Invasion courtesy of AICN:

Reviews link

Geofferson 09-21-05 08:32 AM

I definitely plan on checking it out. :up:

Julie Walker 09-21-05 10:16 AM

I also plan to check this out. The teaser spots have me curious,and the premise sounds interesting and creepy.

Now the only problem is,I usually work until after 9pm on Wed nights,so I'd probably miss future episodes(if I like what I see tonight).

Chew 09-21-05 10:28 AM

It's certainly looking like the one to watch of all the new dramas this season.

LaxBandit 09-21-05 12:06 PM

If anyone misses this tonight, ABC will be re-airing the first two episodes on Saturday, Oct 1 from 8:00-10:00 pm. (The first episode of Commander-in-Chief which starts next Tuesday, Sept 27 will be re-airing from 10:00 pm-11:00 pm.)

Chew 09-21-05 12:17 PM

Saturday is just "repeat dumping ground" now isn't?

I thought it weird that the season preview in either TVGuide or EW (can't remember which) didn't even have a Saturday section.

riley_dude 09-21-05 12:36 PM

IN the San Francisco Chronicle this morning they gave it a decent review but said the pilot was very slow but gave it potential based on Cassidy's other shows.
Hope this is better than the other two Lost knockoffs that I have watched within the last week.

Quake1028 09-21-05 01:00 PM

I can't wait for this one!

Trigger 09-21-05 01:45 PM

gonna dvr it. hope it's good.

Eric F 09-21-05 03:25 PM

The Boston Globe said they liked this one the best out of all the supernatural themed shows debuting this season, including Threshold.

meritocracy 09-21-05 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by riley_dude
IN the San Francisco Chronicle this morning they gave it a decent review but said the pilot was very slow but gave it potential based on Cassidy's other shows.

I'd agree with this. I thought the advance pilot was mearly OK, but with Cassidy at the helm, I'm willing to give this one a bit more time than a few others.

Raul3 09-21-05 05:28 PM

I'm going to dvr'd it. I'm kinda of curious with this show. I haven't seen the other Lost clones because they didn't call my attention, but I think this show can have some potential.

On the other hand, I don't know if I'll have the patience for another "Lost" show.

Dan1boy 09-21-05 05:57 PM

Thanks LorenzoL for that AICN link...it helped me decide to give it a shot tonight.

I love the internet.

Eric F 09-21-05 07:12 PM

I still think The 4400 is the best out of all of them, but somehow it's been overlooked, probably because it's on cable.

redrum 09-21-05 07:17 PM

been waiting for this one for a while now.

Mopower 09-21-05 09:11 PM

Well it's going true to formula so far. What are the odds the two devorced people will at least hug when they find out eachother and the kids are ok after the storm?

I'm waiting for....the lights mostly come out at night. Mostly. From the girl.

Maxflier 09-21-05 09:56 PM

Very interesting pilot. I'll definately be watching again next week.
Oh and the reporter chick has a very nice ass :thumbsup:

B.A. 09-21-05 10:00 PM

I guessed Fichtner's body had already been snatched just a minute or two after his character was on-screen.

Other than the predictability - it wasn't too bad. I'm interested in seeing how they plan on making this last an entire season.

Nice looking show in HD. Where have we seen the reporter/wife before?

maingon 09-21-05 10:01 PM

It was okay, I will keep watching. Just so slow tonight and nothing happened. So far I like "Surface" better. This was better then Threshold but not much better.