Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The O.C. - 09/15/05

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-05, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Joeboo835
I don't even care about story lines though. They can have all the olivers they want. The reason i loved the first season was the banter between seth and his dad, with ryan sometimes in hte mix. Or Seth and Summer. He was easily my favorite character, and now he thinks he's the man and its just dumb. They need to go back to shows like the Thanksgiving one from season 1. That was clever and funny. Last season had bits and pieces of that, but these first two episodes have had nothing.
Exactly, as long as the dialogue is good and they have moments of classic banter I'm good to go. But you're right, there has been little to none of that so far. People bitching about the plotlines need to realize that this the The OC, it's always had a few off plots (even Season 1...Luke's gay Dad?). If Jeri Ryan is this year's Oliver/Rebecca, then I think that's already a plus, because she is far less annoying than those two.
Old 09-16-05, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's as if the show shot it's wad half way through the first season. They havent had much to say since. Escept for Sommer, this show is coasting along with not much entertaining to say.
Old 09-16-05, 12:16 PM

Who's ageing better, Kelly Rowan or Jeri Ryan? Who's the best MILF on this show?

As for the rest of the episode; kind of meh really, I'm not sure if The OC is carry on like it has for the past twelve to eighteen months, or this season it could pick up big time. Keep your fingers crossed, it could turn itself around, there are early signs with the writing and some of the characters that it could have, we're only two episodes in so I'll give it a few more chances...
Old 09-16-05, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally Posted by Cancer Man
Who's ageing better, Kelly Rowan or Jeri Ryan? Who's the best MILF on this show?

Jeri - she looks the same now as when she was on VOY. Kelly doesn't look as good as she did 2 years ago.
Old 09-16-05, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
I'd take Kelly Rowan over ANY other female on the show...with the possible exception of Rachel Bilson.
Old 09-16-05, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm thinking Jimmy is only back with the wife to get money out of her from Caleb's will. Once he pays off his debts, he's bolting.
Old 09-16-05, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think it said in EW or TV guide that someone would be leaving unexpectedly and not the way you think so I am still guessing Jimmy leaves but I'm guessing he leaves the living.
Old 09-16-05, 08:46 PM
Banned

Love this show to death. It can do no wrong. As long as nothing happens to the Fab 4, then I'm cool with what they come up with.

I really hope this ends up being 5 seasons, which is what Schwartz has wanted.
Old 09-16-05, 08:59 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I agree about not liking the story with Jeri Ryan. Then need to get Kirsten back at home.

Other then that I don't see anything to complain about.
Old 09-17-05, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Interesting. Never head Josh wanted it only 5 seasons long. Any reason why that number? It puts the right in the middle of college. Can't see any time reasons why that would be the stopping point.
Old 09-17-05, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts
I liked this episode, but it had flaws.
Here's what I liked:
Ryan punched somebody.
The scene with Ryan, Seth, and Sandy in the kitchen.

Here's what I disliked:
Marissa was expelled, because she shot someone who was trying to kill someone else???
Jimmy's in trouble again. He is one of the few interesting characters on the show. What kind of crappy new character are the going to come up with if they kill him off?
Jeri Ryan's character is an older version of Oliver.

The only plotline that really has me intrigued is who gets the bulk of the money in Caleb's will. Who did he leave it all to? Did he change his will before he died to screw Julie? Did he leave the money to Seth, Kirsten, Lindsay, Hailey, Sandy, Ryan? He could have had a change of mind and left it to the two people he wasn't very fond of Ryan and Sandy.
Old 09-17-05, 11:53 AM
Banned

My guess is Sandy. Remember in Season 2 during the whole "situation" that caleb had? Caleb said, "Before this meatloaf....he was the closet thing I had to a friend in this town."

My guess is it goes to Sandy. Sandy being the guy that he is, will give it away to help people who have been in Ryan's shoes.

Again, my vote is either Sandy...or possibly Ryan!!!

Why Ryan? Because at the end, during I think it was Valentine's Day when they were playing pool, Ryan sacraficed his date that he had won by playing pool with Caleb so they could talk and have some time to one another. The look on Caleb's face after that was, "O.K. you're now cool in my book". THat helped open the door to get to know his daughter, which Ryan was responsible for helping do.

Plus Ryan and Sandy seemed like the only two who weren't ever after his money but tried to make his life and their families lives better.
Old 09-17-05, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
The only part of the episode that I liked was seeing the "bitchy" Summer again.

The rest was forgettable at best. Oh no, Marissa getting kicked out! Ryan punching out somebody again! Jimmy in financial trouble!

I'll give this show two more episodes before dropping it from my DVR.
Old 09-17-05, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
BTW, here are the dates in October that the OC will be preempted for baseball playoffs:

THE O.C. (Thursdays at 8:00/7:00c) - October 6 (Division Series), October 13 (NLCS, Game 2), October 20 (NLCS, Game 7)* and October 27 (World Series, Game 5)*
* If necessary.
Old 09-17-05, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by riley_dude
I think it said in EW or TV guide that someone would be leaving unexpectedly and not the way you think so I am still guessing Jimmy leaves but I'm guessing he leaves the living.
I think it's gonna be Marissa's little sister. The show won't be the same without her.
Old 09-18-05, 01:20 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Yeah i didn't like Ryan punching the new Dean

I love Jeri Ryan, comparing her to Oliver is insulting

Love Jimmy back with his bad deals

Summer was smoking and absolute classic. The look and gesture she gave that snobby girl when the other girls liked her ideas was absolutely gold !
Old 09-18-05, 02:03 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Dalvin
My guess is Sandy. Remember in Season 2 during the whole "situation" that caleb had? Caleb said, "Before this meatloaf....he was the closet thing I had to a friend in this town."

My guess is it goes to Sandy. Sandy being the guy that he is, will give it away to help people who have been in Ryan's shoes.

Again, my vote is either Sandy...or possibly Ryan!!!

Why Ryan? Because at the end, during I think it was Valentine's Day when they were playing pool, Ryan sacraficed his date that he had won by playing pool with Caleb so they could talk and have some time to one another. The look on Caleb's face after that was, "O.K. you're now cool in my book". THat helped open the door to get to know his daughter, which Ryan was responsible for helping do.

Plus Ryan and Sandy seemed like the only two who weren't ever after his money but tried to make his life and their families lives better.
If you want some spoilers...
Spoiler:
I am pretty sure its Sandy. Upcoming spoilers show Sandy running the newport group, so I ASSUME the money/business was left to him, or maybe Kiki (But she is in rehab/cabin)
Old 09-18-05, 06:36 PM

agree it's farfetched but it's a nice setup to get Marissa into public school

was I hearing right, theyre all supposed to be seniors already?
Old 09-30-05, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Finally got around to watching this episode. Decent

But did anyone know who did the cover of "California" that played at the end of the episode?