Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

THRESHOLD is Bloody awesome ! No Spoilers

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-05, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Hmm, I'll have to check this out if it's still on by the time I get cable and a decent tv to watch it on.

As for Braga, I thought most of Voyager and Enterprise were craptacular, but I will admit that I enjoyed most of the TNG episodes he did. Continuity was not his strong suit, but coming up with interesting and weird ideas was. For those reasons, I always felt he should would have been better suited working on an anthology show in the vein of The Twilight Zone or The Outer Limits. Hopefully doing something non-Trek has refueled his creatvity.

And after seeing Sin City, I'll give anything with Carla Gugino a chance.
Old 09-14-05, 07:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While there were parts of Enterprise and even Voyager that were pretty laclustre, Brannon Braga was one of the best writers in Trek despite his unsavoury reputation amongst many Trek fans. He did alot of very good high concept episodes in TNG (Frame of Mind, Cause and Effect) and Voyager (Year of Hell, Timeless), although he got too obsessed with time travel and other weird shit.

He'll probably do well on Threshold.
Old 09-15-05, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll give it a chance but that name Braga keeps haunting me.

While there were parts of Enterprise and even Voyager that were pretty laclustre.
LOL. Parts????
Old 09-15-05, 02:27 PM

Posted by riley-dude: LOL. Parts????
Ok I'll be specific; Enterprise was not really a bad series, Season One was solid, Season Two was awful, it got much better in Season Three and levelled off well in Season Four but then the sucker was cancelled. And then the loyal fans were kicked in the teeth with that traversity, "These are the Voyages".

As for Voyager, that was not really a terrible series either, even though there was alot of junk mixed in with the good episdodes. I thought alot of the episodes on Season Four, Five, Six and even parts of Seven that were as good as anything found on other Trek series, even though the entire franchise was being creatively laid to waste by B&B and there was alot of filler episodes.

I've watched both Voyager and Enterprise on DVD. And although I find them both to be highly flawed series, away from all the negative hype from many dispondent Trek fans, I actually find both series to be somehow alot better on hindsight with repeat viewing. Don't tell me why, I just do.

I guess the much loathed Brannon Braga should be given one last chance and Threshold could be the series that will dig him out of that creative ditch.

Last edited by Cancer Man; 09-15-05 at 02:34 PM.
Old 09-15-05, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Really, maybe they just played all crappy scenes for ads but it does not look like an "x-files" to me. But if you say there is chemistry there with characters I give it try this friday.