TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Anyone see "Minding the Store"?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-05, 04:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone see "Minding the Store"?

That Pauly Shore reality show...

I know all reality shows are planned/scripted to a point...but this one seemed 100 percent planned, acted out...and it still wasn't any good. I found it be really boring, uninteresting.

They talk about how Pauly Shore isn't a good actor, agents/managers don't think he can do serious work (he acts out dramas as if they are comedic scenes, but in a serious way)... It's not interesting. But the way they all interact with eachother is as if they are trying to remember their next line.

Am I missing something? Is this a 'spoof' reality show? I really don't think it is.
Old 08-06-05, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do not consider Minding the Store a reality show. It is as close to a reality show as Curb your Enthusiasm or Fat Actress (or maybe a little closer since everyone plays themselves), which seems to be the audience that they are probably shooting for. My guess would be that the show is nearly completely scripted, if not completely. Although not nearly as funny as either of its predecessors, it is still a pretty funny show, and I do tivo it every week.
Old 08-06-05, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts
I thought it was funny how before the show started they advertised it as a Pauly Shore show. Now the adverts for it don't show him at all. I guess he wasn't enough of a draw (shocker!).
Old 08-08-05, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Dr_Evil
I thought it was funny how before the show started they advertised it as a Pauly Shore show. Now the adverts for it don't show him at all. I guess he wasn't enough of a draw (shocker!).
I noticed that too. Too bad for Shore. It looks like this is going to end up as a dud.

In the most recent episode I watched (about them cleaning up the condo in San Diego), I noticed that TBS put an ad accross the bottom of the screen saying that the "Series Finale" was is going to be next week. Correct me if I'm wrong, but "Series Finale" means the end of the show, whereas "Season Finale" means the show will return. Being that the Series Finale is going to air, I guess Minding the Store is going the way of the Dodo. I enjoyed it, but I can see why it didn't last.
Old 08-10-05, 06:22 PM
Banned

you know whats weird. it said that and then when the previes at the end said season finale...im confused.
Old 08-11-05, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dr_Evil
A draw?? Shore is the reason why I would never bother to watch this show. Can't stand him.