Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Big Brother 6: "Summer of Secrets" (Very minor spoilers)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Brother 6: "Summer of Secrets" (Very minor spoilers)

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-05, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Smartest move Maggie can make is to nominate Howie and James.

No matter who they pick to compete in the POV, the veto will never get used, and you're assured that one of those 2 are out. If it DOES get used, just put up the other persons partner. So, for example, lets say James wins POV, if he uses it to save his ass, put up Sarah. Tell him this before hand (maggie i mean). And tell howie if he uses it, your putting up rachel. You win either way.

With Kaysar and janelle, there's no such team, so they will save themselves when they can, so the nomination is worthless if they win POV. By putting up James and Howie, you're making them either get booted or save themselves by screwing their partner.
Old 07-29-05, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ivette is very pretty. But she's an angry lesbian.
Old 07-29-05, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DRG
I keep forgetting Jennifer is even there. So many times I have thought to myself, "Wait, who is April's partner again?"
ditto...can't stand April but Jennifer must be the most boring character ever
Old 07-30-05, 12:08 AM

Spoiler:
Maggie nominated Kaysar and James for eviction today.
Old 07-30-05, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by DRG
I keep forgetting Jennifer is even there. So many times I have thought to myself, "Wait, who is April's partner again?"
I have it go the other way, Jennifer may be boring, but at least she's eye candy!
Old 07-30-05, 07:33 PM

Spoiler:
Sarah won POV, so it looks like Kaysar is going home this week. Now the only people left to root for are Janelle, Howie, and Rachel.

I don't know if I'm going to watch this anymore.
Old 07-30-05, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It will be all good if the non-rats win HOH again next week. I still like all of them, but Kaysar was a bit annoying about talking about all the work he did putting the team together. Janelle actually thinks the game as well as anyone else and she's sneaking through. She accurately predicted exactly who would go up, while everyone else was still thinking about it.

But the most interesting part of this game isn't who's going to win, but rather whether Sarah will be dating James or Jennifer when this game ends.

Ivette is killing me. My wife grabs the remote from my hand and mutes the tv when she's talking.
Old 07-31-05, 05:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
It will be all good if the non-rats win HOH again next week. I still like all of them, but Kaysar was a bit annoying about talking about all the work he did putting the team together. Janelle actually thinks the game as well as anyone else and she's sneaking through. She accurately predicted exactly who would go up, while everyone else was still thinking about it.

But the most interesting part of this game isn't who's going to win, but rather whether Sarah will be dating James or Jennifer when this game ends.

Ivette is killing me. My wife grabs the remote from my hand and mutes the tv when she's talking.

please elaborate about Sarah & Jennifer??

ps I agree with your wife Ivette's voice makes me cringe as well!
Old 07-31-05, 05:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Interesting nominations. Looks like Maggie chose for revenge more than strategy. I think Howie & James would have been a better choice but we shall see.

It's funny that Maggie might actually be a cop instead of an an ER nurse. Nice exchange with James in the HOH room.

What's happening on the live feed?? Is the house still devided??. Any good fights/arguements??

Cheers!

Last edited by shanester; 07-31-05 at 05:34 AM.
Old 07-31-05, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by shanester

What's happening on the live feed?? Is the house still devided??. Any good fights/arguements??

Cheers!
Pretty boring today actually.

Kaysar was talking to Maggie and told her that his real job was not graphic designer. He confronted her last night about her 'real' job.
Old 07-31-05, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What does Kaysar do?
Old 07-31-05, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by movieking
What does Kaysar do?
He's a terrorist.
Old 07-31-05, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

He's a terrorist.
0/5
Old 07-31-05, 07:35 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by kdubby
Pretty boring today actually.

Spoiler:
Kaysar was talking to Maggie and told her that his real job was not graphic designer. He confronted her last night about her 'real' job.
I think this is the sort of thing that should be in tags.
Old 07-31-05, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by shanester
Interesting nominations. Looks like Maggie chose for revenge more than strategy. I think Howie & James would have been a better choice but we shall see.

It's funny that Maggie might actually be a cop instead of an an ER nurse. Nice exchange with James in the HOH room.

Cheers!
I think Howie and Rachel are in a good position, because they're the only 2 players that are liked by people on both sides.

Rachel really looked like Howie was annoying the sh*t out of her in the last episode.

It's almost hard to believe some of these people like one another in real life, but, then again, some of them definitely are so "ugly" that they fit perfectly with their "ugly" teammate.

The way Maggie stares people down is really quite annoying. Will we have to hear people refer to Eric as Cappy for much longer? Sarah is easy on the eyes, but not a lot seems to be going on upstairs. Beau and Howie AND Jennifer and Sarah need to hook up already. Clearly, they want to.

I've been incapable of not saying the word "boobies" around the house lately.

Last edited by dolphinboy; 07-31-05 at 07:45 PM.
Old 07-31-05, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by nevermind
0/5
ouch, that hurt.
Old 07-31-05, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

ouch, that hurt.
You'll live .
Old 08-01-05, 06:59 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

It's only a food competion but it was insulting. I hope it was multiple choice and they did not show us. But two people saying one thing and two people saying the other, every single time, like 6 times. It looked ridiculously fixed. Not even plausible. And I tivoed this. I like the show but come on already. If you want to give them food after a week of pb&j then just give them food don't insult the audience by rigging the competion. No one watches the show for the food competion but the fighting.
Old 08-01-05, 08:59 AM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by sabre
It's only a food competion but it was insulting. I hope it was multiple choice and they did not show us. But two people saying one thing and two people saying the other, every single time, like 6 times. It looked ridiculously fixed. Not even plausible. And I tivoed this. I like the show but come on already. If you want to give them food after a week of pb&j then just give them food don't insult the audience by rigging the competion. No one watches the show for the food competion but the fighting.
I thought the same thing, but then I realized what happened. The 'panel' was allowed to consult with each other before they wrote down their answers. So they basically said "You two write this down, and us two will write this down." At least I hope that's what happened - otherwise you're right... why obviously rig a food competition?
Old 08-01-05, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by PeMo
I thought the same thing, but then I realized what happened. The 'panel' was allowed to consult with each other before they wrote down their answers. So they basically said "You two write this down, and us two will write this down." At least I hope that's what happened - otherwise you're right... why obviously rig a food competition?
Maybe because this show is otherwise sooo boring? It is really. It takes 7 days to come up with barely an hour of highlights. And most of those are fluff "boobies" type things. The so-called competitions are the highlight of the entire week. If they are boring as well that leaves almost nothing. BTW, I believe you are right about the consulting. I don't think the competitions are fixed, but it's funny how they didn't explain the consulting part to the TV audience, isn't it?
Old 08-01-05, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,505 Posts
Didn't see anyone mention the whole PB&J pass. Two questions about it:

1) Did they show if they ever resolved the first number of the combination? Last I saw, they still had it wrong (the number of Seas)

2) If Janelle goes home, can she give that pass to someone else, or is it just gone forever?
Old 08-02-05, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

im behind in my BB6 watching so bare with me but i just saw the chess-veto-competition episode where they let james win....

kaysar is the fucking man!

you cant WRITE shit that sweet when he told that girl "no. i just sealed your partners fate."

damn. that fucking ruled. the timing and the way he said it. the way it just played out like that - awesome. the look on her face when not only did she realized she got played, but he knew her partner and their plan is just destroying their team. loved it. i hope he wins.
Old 08-02-05, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ivette is the single worst human being in the world.

She (and some others) were talking about morals and bible swearing, when Maggie tried to get James out of the game.

Ivette couldn't see that James had a strong reason for needing to get Maggie out? How is that possible? She kept on with how evil people were, especially James, if they did something that was good for them, but that she didn't agree with.

Ivette talks about "Cappy" like he's god; she's even quoting him.

Ivette needs a good smack-down. People say that about 1 or 2 people on almost every reality show, but this time she really, really does.

Expect to see Sarah in Perfect 10 magazine by Christmas. No inside info, but I just have a hunch.

I've gone back to not liking very many people. Kaysar and Janelle, from week to week, have been the most consistanly likable.

Last edited by dolphinboy; 08-02-05 at 11:15 PM.
Old 08-02-05, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Ivette is also unlikable for trying to compare Kaysar to Saddam. She's not a nice person.
Old 08-02-05, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Patman
Ivette is also unlikable for trying to compare Kaysar to Saddam. She's not a nice person.
Did she really do that? That's awful.

I was just joking it what I wrote, but based on what you posted, that makes my joke in really bad taste so I'll remove it.

Honestly, I didn't hear her even say that.

But I really do know that these shows can make a lot of decent people look bad, but I've never hated a reality contestant like I hate Ivette. And it's not the editing.

If you even look at the two teams (at least the way they were last week), people like Howie, Janelle, Rachel and the whole group, smile and try to be pleasant even when things don't go there way. Janelle took her nomination like a trooper. She smiled and wasn't giving anyone the evil eye (like Maggie).

Look at the other group-April, Beau, Maggie, Ivette, and they are all looking angry or like they can't stand anything anyone they don't like says or does.

Ps-where have all the Big Brother fans gone?

Last edited by dolphinboy; 08-02-05 at 11:20 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.