Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Late Nite with Conan - 6/14/05

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-05, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Late Nite with Conan - 6/14/05

Tonight's guests include: Rudy Giuliani, Colin Quinn, and musical guest Bloc Party.

Now that doesn't quite seem like a show to make a thread for, but what makes it worth it is that I was an audience member. First of let me tell you it was just great. If you ever get the chance to, go.

It was just really fun. Me and three other people with me were the first in line. We got there about 230, 2 hours before they loaded us into the studio. The wait kinda sucked, but we got pretty great seats. We just missed getting the perfect seats (and our chance to hug Conan, but more of that later). So once 430 came around we went through a strange obstacle course taking us down, through a metal detector, up and escalator and through a corridor to wait on another line. What we found out here was that we they were still running through some sketches, and it was time to get Conan T-Shirts. Not just any Tees though, these are exclusive to audience members, and can be seen by the words audience member on a sleeve. After that we were loaded in and listened to some tunes for a bit.

Then Max Weinberg and his 7 came out and jammed for a bit. They we great. Pender did a little singing, and everyone was clapping along. After that the warmer up came out (Preperation H guy), and he was very funny. He worked a little blue, which was somewhat suprising, but welcomed. Then the band played more and Conan came out to say hello. He walked just a little into the crowd shaking hands at the end of my row, were I should have been sitting. He then started dancing and asked this guy sitting in front of him (also were I could have been sitting) and then made some funny remarks, and hugged him, prompting more remarks. Then he suggested he hug this random guy in the audience, which he did, and then said Max should hug him too. Max then gave him some drumsticks.

Conan left and the band jammed some more. Pender was the highlight though as he kept on holding a note, getting redder and redder as the minutes passed. Finally he stopped and everyone cheered.

Now the show started and it was great. I won't say anything other then we were there on the right night (well maybe a hint, a very popular court case just ended).

It was really interesting to see how a show works as I have never seen one live before. Very interesting and very cool. Conan was great the whole time, and talked to some audience members about the weather during a break. He was awesome. After the show he sings a little song with the band, that no one but the audience sees. Very funny stuff.

Here's a kicker though. We were the first audience to receive a very special dvd set. Walker Texas Ranger the final season (geez you think they would start with the first, gosh). This was actually spoiled for us by Preperation H guy, he thought we already got them. Still when he said that no one knew if he was telling the truth.

So we left, and so ended a great experience.

Sorry that it was a but long, but it was very exciting, and I didn't want to leave anything out. Really if you can, go and see Conan.
Old 06-14-05, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,372 Likes on 934 Posts
Saw a show in September 2004. Was a great experience as well. Got there early just as you said. Give you opportunity to sit right in the front. We did. Glad you had fun.
Old 06-15-05, 05:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like a really great time!
If I ever am in that area I will have to definitely try and see a show.