Reload this Page >

Beauty & the Geek, 6/8

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Beauty & the Geek, 6/8

Old 06-09-05, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts
Beauty & the Geek, 6/8

Good challenges, although I would suspect nerds in general don't know much about cars either. Loved the girls' outfits in that challenge.

Supergeek is beyond description.
Old 06-09-05, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
B.A.

Okay - the "blonde" lingerie model is not the least bit attractive. And don't even get me started on her mouth and those horse teeth.
Agreed. A lot of them aren't very attractive to me, but she's probably the worst. I love how conceded some of these women are when they're not really that hot or interesting.

This episode was good for a few laughs, but I'm rapidly losing interest. Besides, we know how the story ends. Average Joe taught us that while you can convince a woman she's a shallow bitch for a few minutes on a reality show, you can't actually get her to change.

das
Old 06-09-05, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by das Monkey
Agreed. A lot of them aren't very attractive to me, but she's probably the worst. I love how conceded some of these women are when they're not really that hot or interesting.

das

to be fair, i think we would all turn our heads if they walked by.. If some of the girls are 9s and 10s, the worst is what? an 8.5?
Old 06-09-05, 09:31 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I don't know if it was intentional or not, but I'm glad that the winners ensured that the "couple" would get split up. That's what I would have done...nip that shit in the bud. I'm real sick of the reality-show "trend" of hooking up with somebody just to get yourself more screentime.

I thought it was funny how both groups were bagging on the interests of the opposite side. But it rubbed me the wrong way when the girls were appalled that the guys didn't "go out." Apparently, they don't realize that when you're a fella (geek or otherwise) "going out" doesn't mean somebody else foots the bill all the time and you're treated like royalty.
Old 06-09-05, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The brunette that was in the elimination challenge looks like a man from the side.

The exchange at the end between Richard and the other guy was really awkward. I did like the looks of the guys when the women took off their robes.
Old 06-09-05, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by scottall
The exchange at the end between Richard and the other guy was really awkward.
I was hoping they'd kiss.
Old 06-09-05, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

j123vt_99

to be fair, i think we would all turn our heads if they walked by.. If some of the girls are 9s and 10s, the worst is what? an 8.5?
Different strokes, I guess. I find that overly tanned, fake blonde, shaved teeth look to be very unattractive. Some of them have great bods, but their faces creep me out. Honestly, I don't think there's a 9 or 10 in the bunch and a couple of 5s, but I prefer more natural looks. If it takes that much make-up, imagine what it really looks like. Of course, I have to admit that my opinions are unavoidably influenced by some of their personalities. I loved the dialogue about how "not going out" at least twice a week made someone a loser.

das

P.S. But I'd hit it.
Old 06-09-05, 09:39 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
Good challenges, although I would suspect nerds in general don't know much about cars either.
I was thinking the same thing. More logical would be to have the girls work on a computer... give them a monitor, keyboard, mouse, printer, etc. and have them hook it all up and get it running. But then we'd miss out of them getting dirty and bending over cars in daisy duke shorts, so...
Old 06-09-05, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by das Monkey
Different strokes, I guess. I find that overly tanned, fake blonde, shaved teeth look to be very unattractive. Some of them have great bods, but their faces creep me out. Honestly, I don't think there's a 9 or 10 in the bunch and a couple of 5s, but I prefer more natural looks. If it takes that much make-up, imagine what it really looks like. Of course, I have to admit that my opinions are unavoidably influenced by some of their personalities. I loved the dialogue about how "not going out" at least twice a week made someone a loser.

das

P.S. But I'd hit it.

you saved yourself at the end ...
Old 06-09-05, 09:43 AM

I'm with das. The whole overly "primped" look doesn't do it for me. This is probably because when you see a girl like that, you've got a pretty good idea about her personality and priorities.

Also, you know that after 30 and a couple of kids, it's going to be blimp country.
Old 06-09-05, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

DRG

I was thinking the same thing. More logical would be to have the girls work on a computer... give them a monitor, keyboard, mouse, printer, etc. and have them hook it all up and get it running.
I'd be shocked if something like that isn't in our future.

das
Old 06-09-05, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Groucho
I'm with das. The whole overly "primped" look doesn't do it for me. This is probably because when you see a girl like that, you've got a pretty good idea about her personality and priorities.

Also, you know that after 30 and a couple of kids, it's going to be blimp country.
i guess you guys are just gay
Old 06-09-05, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm thinking more about how many drinks it would take to get her to come home with me. These women are not bright enough to be worth talking to past 30.

And by the way, does viscos = viscosity?
Old 06-09-05, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts

Nobody says you have to marry the primpy girls you know.

A few of the girls have the butterface thing going. Like the Sixers Dancer - fantastic body.
Old 06-09-05, 09:50 AM

Since viscosity measures how viscous a liquid is, I think her answer was perfectly acceptable.
Old 06-09-05, 09:50 AM

Nobody says you have to marry the primpy girls you know.
But how else are we going to have sex?
Old 06-09-05, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Since viscosity measures how viscous a liquid is, I think her answer was perfectly acceptable.
That makes sense. I have always heard about oil viscosity and never viscous alone. And I know shit about cars.
Old 06-09-05, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
A few of the girls have the butterface thing going. Like the Sixers Dancer - fantastic body.
I actually don't think she is that bad looking. I guess the big nose thing doesn't bother me.

One of the girls/guys needs to repeatedly punch Richard in the face.
Old 06-09-05, 11:23 AM

But how else are we going to have sex?
Poor

Chris
Old 06-10-05, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Argh, why wasn't Richard kicked off? At least the Erika and Brad thing is over with, but I thought she was one of the better looking girls there.

As for the girls being overly primped, being on tv probably has something to do with it. Whether they're your type or not, you have to admit they are way out of these guys' league, which is the point of the show.
Old 06-10-05, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by scottall
I'm thinking more about how many drinks it would take to get her to come home with me. These women are not bright enough to be worth talking to past 30.
"You're making me dumber by just TELLING me these things."

GREAT line by a Geek after some Bimbo was describing her first sunburn at age 8...
Old 06-10-05, 11:41 PM

Did anyone else feel that Richard was still being insincere when he was consoling the guy at the end?
Old 06-10-05, 11:46 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
Originally Posted by uclajames
Did anyone else feel that Richard was still being insincere when he was consoling the guy at the end?
I did
Old 06-11-05, 02:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Roto
Argh, why wasn't Richard kicked off?
Although I loathe so-called "reality TV," I did watch this episode when I came across it. I'm guessing Richard isn't being kicked off because he'd be the easiest to defeat at the end.
Old 06-13-05, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 166 Likes on 132 Posts
Yep. Poor grammer, correct etymology.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.