Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Apprentice Finale 05/19

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-05, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 173 Posts
Originally Posted by Groucho
Good article on what Bill and Kelly are really doing for Trump in the latest Newsweek.
here it is:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7857486/site/newsweek/
Old 05-20-05, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am glad that Kendra won, Tana is very annoying. the finale was wierd, on interviews trump said the finale was only gonna be an hour and it was gonna be a great board room. this finale really didnt have a board room, and there were to many commericals and hardly anything new till about 20 minutes into the hour. last year they had more people telling what they thought of the candiates etc. this year it seemed like a mess, it wasnt even exciting when he said "your hired" i wished they showed tanas reaction more, i think she was thinking she was gonna win, Tana seems to have a very fake personality, she smiles all the time but she doesnt mean it.
Old 05-20-05, 11:46 AM

That finale sucked the big one. It was one of the worst hours of television I've seen. We timeshifted it, starting at 9:25 and we were caught up by 9:35. It was horrible.
Kendra was definitely the right choice and Trump didn't really trust either of them to do too much based on the winning jobs they had to choose from if you ask me.
Old 05-20-05, 12:53 PM

i agree w/ tana having a fake personality.. she also seems to be talking down to people too.. it was so stupid when she was talkin to lil jon on that one task and she tried to sound black
Old 05-20-05, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't see why they don't have the finale be the final task and then Trump reveal the winner at the end. Make last week's episode a 2-hour episode. It was so anti-climactic this way, since we already saw how the tasks played out.

It would be like if Survivor had their final immunity challenege and tribale council in the second to last episode and then we had to wait a week just for Jeff Probst to count the votes and have a bunch of filler for the rest of the hour.

I like how on Survivor you go into the finale with 4 people left, so you usually have no idea who will won until at least the second hour. I don't see why they have to drag the Apprentice ending out for so long.
Old 05-20-05, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I knew Kendra would win. Tana is a great salesperson but she sure doesn't have any class.
Old 05-20-05, 03:52 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by j123vt_99
Report: USOC Warns N.Y. May Lose 2012 Bid
http://news.yahoo.com/fc/Sports/Olympics
Do you think this might be because Tana screwed up?
Not at all, everyone knew that Tana's task was only for show. The IOC isn't going to make such an important decision solely based on Trump's pathetic TV show. The article only says that NYC may lose if the state legislature doesn't approve a Manhattan stadium plan.

This show has become an embarrassment only after three seasons. If Trump is smart, he should have quit after last season, and let other CEOs take over. It would be really embarrassing if Martha Stewart's spin-off show ends up with better ratings than Trump's.
Old 05-20-05, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by animalmystic
I soooooo want to bang Kendra she is such a cutie
Is it me or do you wanna bang like every reality TV contestant cuz you post that in every single reality thread? You win the horniest member of the year award who posts outside of Adult Talk

Last edited by Dabaomb; 05-20-05 at 07:53 PM.
Old 05-21-05, 08:04 AM
JAA
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Dabaomb
Is it me or do you wanna bang like every reality TV contestant cuz you post that in every single reality thread? You win the horniest member of the year award who posts outside of Adult Talk
Old 05-21-05, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Last night, Kendra was on Jay Leno, and Tana was on Conan immediately afterwards. Kendra came off as professional yet gracious. She said that she would have been happy for Tana if she had won instead. Tana, otoh, was showing her true colors on Conan by saying that she was not going to be Trump's "yes" woman, and that Kendra was, and that's why Kendra won. There was a distinct undercurrent of hissing and booing from the audience when she said that. What a c*nt.

Last edited by Jack Straw; 05-21-05 at 12:51 PM.
Old 05-22-05, 08:13 AM

I just moved to Boynton Beach, Florida. It's where Kendra is from. Woo-Hoo!!!
Old 05-23-05, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by Groucho

Good article on what Bill and Kelly are really doing for Trump in the latest Newsweek.
They aren't doing quite as bad as some articles would have had you believe. Others have painted them as glorified real estate agents. But I wouldn't call it running a company either.