Reload this Page >

Joey 05/12/2005 Two Episodes

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 05-12-05, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really enjoyed both of these. This has got to be the most improved show since the beginning of the season. I laughed out loud a couple of times, which never happened early on in the season.

My favorite part was Joey's changing accents in his afterschool special.

A lot of things happened, including:
  • Joey and his chick declaring their love for each other
  • Joey and his chick planning to move in together
  • Joey's chick leaving him
  • Alex and Joey making out at the end
  • Gina seemingly gets a job with Bobbie
  • Joey looks like he will be killed off his show
Old 05-12-05, 09:36 PM

Loved these 2 episodes. The show has really come into its own compared to the shaky beginning. Hopefully people will give it another chance at the start of season 2
Old 05-12-05, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah I have to say I'm really enjoying this one now. The writing has definitely gotten a lot funnier. The only thing that bugged me was the neighbor relationship which everybody had to have seen coming from the 1st episode. Why even bother giving her a husband with how contrived his plotline was in the show?
Old 05-12-05, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by movieking
[*]Joey looks like he will be killed off his show[/list]
Actually, there's a good chance that Howard is going to succeed at keeping Joey on the show. Joey was "up" by just about 7000 votes, with one hour to go.

Howard was voting about once per second. 60 seconds x 60 minutes = 7200 seconds. So, theoretically, Howard could manage to vote 7200 times for Gunner.
Old 05-13-05, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I quit watching this show for a few months in the middle of the season, but gave it another chance over the last couple. Definite improvement since the premiere.

I'll miss seeing Madchen Amick, but Andrea Anders looked great in that black dress.
Old 05-13-05, 01:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Four parts that I liked -

Michael's storyline about his new "girlfriend".
The guy's way in the store of telling Joey not to move in with her.
The Friends reference.
The return of Colby (Gunnar).

I wasn't too crazy about Joey and Alex hooking up at the end - I just hope it won't be a shark jumper. We'll see next season.
Old 05-13-05, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
michael will just write an auto-vote script that will do 100 votes per second or something
Old 05-13-05, 02:08 AM

What really struck me was the same "No you hang up first/ No you hang up" thing Michael and his girlfriend did, just like Ross did on the couch w/ Rachel sitting next to him.
Old 05-13-05, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by invisiblegt
Actually, there's a good chance that Howard is going to succeed at keeping Joey on the show. Joey was "up" by just about 7000 votes, with one hour to go.

Howard was voting about once per second. 60 seconds x 60 minutes = 7200 seconds. So, theoretically, Howard could manage to vote 7200 times for Gunner.
I don't think that we know how much Joey was up by. We know that Howard voting for Joey over 7000 times, but we don't know how far ahead he was, just that Howard said that no one would be able to catch up with him.

I agree with Michael being able to write a script to do it though. I doubt that he will.
Old 05-13-05, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Hoonster
What really struck me was the same "No you hang up first/ No you hang up" thing Michael and his girlfriend did, just like Ross did on the couch w/ Rachel sitting next to him.
Didn't Michael and another girl do this in an earlier episode?
Old 05-13-05, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The Bobbie and Gina scene was great.

I, like Joey, didn't see the 45 year-old girlfriend coming, especially after that phonecall.
Old 05-13-05, 09:04 AM

Except this time, one of them actually did hangup...

At that point, I considered it a homage rather than duplication....which is what I was thinking when the exchange first started.

Overall, I was laughing out loud a number of times...
Old 05-13-05, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Two really solid, funny episodes. I bust up when they were talking to Joey about the singing fish.

"That was supposed to sing? I smashed it with a hammer! It scared the hell out of me!"
Old 05-13-05, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

"butter butter butter butter butter butter" really cracked me up.
Old 05-13-05, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

"I'm older than your mother."
"It's not your fault that my mother was a slutty teen."

Remember in the American Pie movies when Jennifer Coolidge was hawt?
Old 05-14-05, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
"Why is TV Guide always giving me Jeers?"

There were a LOT of funny moments in both episodes.
Old 05-16-05, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Yeah, I thought both parts were pretty funny. It was weird, we had bad weather on Thursday night, but not THAT bad, I didn't think. Went to watch this, and for some reaon, the first 15 minutes of the second part were missing, but in a way I really couldn't tell. So I was watching the second part going "what the hell is going on?". So I went and dl'd the ep Sat. night and saw the whole show. Funny stuff! Can't wait for next season. I was kind of hoping that the obvious "Joey hooks up with Alex" plot wouldn't happen so soon and that the photo chick would be around for a while, but other than that I liked it.
Old 05-16-05, 01:24 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

This show has been getting better and better. If this show is to be around for 4 or 5 seasons I'm wondering where they will go with the Joey/Alex romance. It does seem too early for them to get lovey dovey, especially considering such a big part of Joey's character is his way with the ladies.
Old 05-17-05, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Finally got around to watching it. Bye Bye Madchen Amick I hope to see you on another show.

The show started out slow but kind of came into its own at the end. It seems strange for Joey to be in a serious relationship with his neighbor but the character is 31 or so, so maybe he's ready to start one. Hopefully, Joey in a relationship doesn't kill the show.
Old 05-17-05, 09:23 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

It'll be intersting to see how the Joey and Alex thing goes. I hope the writers haven't backedthemselves into a corner with this because I can't see the relationship being fresh for very long.

Liked some of the old Friends refrences.

It'll be intersting to see who the first former "Friend" to show up next season is.
Old 05-17-05, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You could definitely see the relationship coming between Joey and Alex, but still I was a little surprised when they kissed in the ending. I, like all of you, hope the writers can keep the show fresh with this new development.
Old 05-17-05, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Chew
The Bobbie and Gina scene was great.
I agree. I haven't been that into Bobbie's scenes before but her initial reaction when she mocked Gina after she laid into her was the biggest laugh of the episode for me. I backed it up twice on the Tivo and laughed my ass off.
Old 05-17-05, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by tofu
Finally got around to watching it. Bye Bye Madchen Amick I hope to see you on another show.
I don't think you have to worry there. She's like a show-whore. Jake In Progress, Ed, ER, Gilmore Girls... She's bound to pop up in one of the new shows this fall season.

'Though, she'll only stick around for three or four episodes before going off on another show...
Old 05-18-05, 03:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

We better get a "Friends" guest appearance next season... especially since NBC is keeping Joey at 8pm.

I too did not see the older girlfriend thing coming - good plot twist! I also liked the "Friends" reference -- but it probably would have gotten an even bigger response if he used names.

I do not know yet if I like the idea of Alex and Joey.
Old 05-18-05, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Nabalab
The guy's way in the store of telling Joey not to move in with her.

The guy in the store was the manager (looking at the slinky black underwear) of the "I FEEL GREAT" guy for that fake Nutri-Grain Bar commercial.

Great to see him again!

to these episodes!

"If he's gonna pick up speed, he's gonna have to drop that towel."

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.