Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Enterprise *2 hour Series Finale* 05/13/05

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-05, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sucks that the Quantum Leap ending wasn't true. That would have kicked ass.
Old 05-16-05, 10:09 AM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i am going to forget that was the last episode.

Last edited by ruk; 05-16-05 at 10:27 AM.
Old 05-16-05, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 113 Posts
Originally Posted by RichardW
It wasn't the best series finale, but it was better than Seinfeld's. How long exactly did B&B have to write this script?
Let's not over do it. The Enterprise finale was worse than Seinfeld's. Ironically both dealt with obesity.

Originally Posted by TK-421
Does Wizdar post anymore? I would've loved to see his analysis of this final episode.
He can be found in the poker forum. I'm hopeful that he'll comment here for old time sake.
Old 05-16-05, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

One of the few reasons I watched the show was for Trip. He's the only one who was allowed to show a full range of emotion, him and the Doc. I'm one of the people who will ignore the last show like I ignore the 9th year of the X-files. I'll just rewrite the end so Trip and T'Pol live happy ever after with 2.5 kids. I wanted to see what being in each others heads was going to do to them. They passed up on some really funny and sweet things. I really was ready for it when T'Pol said their link is something that happens between mates and Trip said that they were not mates and she gave him a look that said, yea, right, too late for that you fool, we are caught.
Old 05-16-05, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From Trekweb:

STAR TREK VI closed an era with peace with the Klingons, ST:TNG ended with the salvation of the universe and the reconceptualization of time, STS9 ended with victory over the Dominion and Sisko's ascension, VOYAGER ended with a catastrophic battle with the Borg. But what does "Voyages" end with? A speech we never see? A Federation we are not even given the chance to see come into being? The culmination of Enterprise's journey is not a story about the building of the Federation; it is a story about fighting space bandits. Riker marching through a holographic recreation to get answers about duty and orders seems more like something VOY's Naomi Wildman might have done, accompanied by Tuvok.
Old 05-16-05, 02:14 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

final episode was insultingly bad. Trip and t'pol should have ended up together. the final episode they imply a deep connection between them and even say vulcan and human dna are compatible then in the final episode they haven't bben together in 6 years while living on the same ship. not. awful episode, like someone else said in my mind the show ended differently. trip and t'pol were the only reasons i watched this show.
Old 05-16-05, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts
I'd never watched a single episode of Enterprise before, but I decided to tune in to the finale just out of sheer curiosity.

That was one of the most aweful hours of television that I've ever experienced. And the fact that it was the series finale made it all the worse. I can only imagine how disgusted some (most?) true fans of the show must feel.
Old 05-16-05, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Let's not forget that the great speech that we didn't hear would have required great writing. Something that Enterprise didn't have that much of. It was probably correct for them not to include it as it couldn't possibly live up to the hype.
Old 05-16-05, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ruk
i am going to forget that was the last episode.
I've been doing that about the entire runs of Voyager and Enterprise. It works wonders.
Old 05-16-05, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I stopped watching Enterprise after season 1 (just like Voyager). Looks like I didn't miss a thing. (again) I hope Paramount can find someone that knows what they are doing for the next installment.

I would very much like to be a fan again.
Old 05-16-05, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

There's a full page article in the newest TVGuide where Trip gives his impressions of the finale. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out what he said.

The big news to me is what Berman had to say: "These are the Voyages...." was going to be the season finale if they were renewed!

I guess that explains one thing to me: Since it takes place six years after "Terra Prime", what better way to ensure the characters match (ranks, positions, attitudes, etc) the season finale "These are the Voyages..." and the actual series finale? Don't change them!

Old 05-16-05, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If Bobby Ewing can come back with a shower I can change Star Trek history. I say the last ep was in a parallel universe and in my universe it just did not happen. I love Farscape Fan Fantacy sites. The have fan fiction of what should happen by some very good writers. I wish I could write.
Old 05-16-05, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 332 Likes on 248 Posts
Originally Posted by pagansoul
If Bobby Ewing can come back with a shower I can change Star Trek history. I say the last ep was in a parallel universe and in my universe it just did not happen. I love Farscape Fan Fantacy sites. The have fan fiction of what should happen by some very good writers. I wish I could write.
Well, keep in mind that what we saw was a computer simulation of RECORED history. It's possible that the events happened quite differently...including Trip actually surviving, but the computer log being changed by Archer for some reason to conceal the fact that he was still alive. Would make a great plot for a ENTERPRISE novel or a future 2-hour movie.
Old 05-16-05, 07:22 PM

Anyone notice how the Ten Forward set completely changed between old and new footage? In the old TNG footage, to Riker's right was a table with red flowers, and the wall behind him had diagonal hash marks on the top-right of each tile. But in the new footage, the flowers are replaced with a 3D chess set, and the tiles now have the hash marks on the top-left. Rather odd...
Old 05-16-05, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
the orange door in troi's quarters wasn't quite the right shade of orange for enterprise-D doors either. plus I thought her quarters had the large windows not those little ones
Old 05-16-05, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Chew
What is it with Trek that they can't do heroic deaths? The only one that was heroic was the character that came back to life the next movie!

Tasha Yar taken by surprise, Kirk fell down a cliff, Trip commits completely unnecessary suicide.

At least Data Died with some heroism, but, alas, no one saw that movie!
Old 05-16-05, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
The ending montage of all 3 Enterprise captains reciting the mission statement was the only good thing about the episode. However, this should have been Enterprise's finale. Riker and Troi already got their sendoff.
Old 05-16-05, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by theedge
At least Data Died with some heroism, but, alas, no one saw that movie!
Died? Not really.That would have been too final. Conveniently B-4 was waiting in the wings for a sequel. A sequel we'll never see.
Thanks again B and B!!!!!!!!
Old 05-17-05, 02:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Spock died a heroic death while saving the ship in Wrath of Kahn.

and what about all those red shirts that died protecting Kirk and the others during TOS missions?
Old 05-17-05, 02:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by riley_dude
Died? Not really.That would have been too final. Conveniently B-4 was waiting in the wings for a sequel. A sequel we'll never see.
Thanks again B and B!!!!!!!!
Only one of the B's is to blame for Nemesis.
Old 05-17-05, 03:22 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by MvRojo
Only one of the B's is to blame for Nemesis.
Guilt by association.
Old 05-17-05, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,380 Likes on 941 Posts
While I think the concept for the finale was great, the execution was not. I also think this would've been a better episode regularly than as a series finale.
Old 05-17-05, 11:10 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The ending was pretty fucked up. In fact the whole show is fucked up. I guess I watched it because I'm a Star Trek fan.....although after this show I question my loyalties.

The fact that it was a holodeck thing, who can say for sure that everything happened as it did? How would they know what was said during the characters private conversations?
Unfortunately the first thing I did notice was how fat Troi and Riker were, but it was good to see them on the screen, even was nice to see the Enterprise D.

I just hope the writers have learnt their lessons and it is sad that we will not see another show for a while. If they do make a next show, I hope they don't go back in the timeline.
Old 05-17-05, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Fok
The fact that it was a holodeck thing, who can say for sure that everything happened as it did? How would they know what was said during the characters private conversations?
I wondered the same thing. Are there cameras everywhere on a Starship filming from different angles? Another thing B and B didnt think about.

I just hope the writers have learnt their lessons and it is sad that we will not see another show for a while. If they do make a next show, I hope they don't go back in the timeline.
Learnt??
Old 05-17-05, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Although it pains me to do so, I'll have to defend B&B on the topic of private conversations on the holodeck. We've seen plenty of instances on other Trek shows where the holodeck is able to "create" a character based on what history knows about the person and even moreso, how their personal logs read. While what was said by each person may not 100% accurate, we can assume the computer is able to make a pretty good "guess".

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.