Enterprise *2 hour Series Finale* 05/13/05

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Enterprise *2 hour Series Finale* 05/13/05

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-05, 07:12 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
Well, it wasn't great, but not "appalling" either.

Marina Sirtis got fat.
Old 05-14-05, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Bandoman
Marina Sirtis got fat.
What about Riker???
Old 05-14-05, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rennervision
What about Riker???
He just got old...
Old 05-14-05, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well, it wasn't great...

Marina Sirtis got fat.
No it certainly wasn't great. It was fairly craptastic in fact.
Boring and unmemorable also apply.

And yeah, but Riker sure got a lot fatter then her.
Old 05-14-05, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Marina Sirtis got fat.

That's about all I came away with.

Awful, simply awful. Ironically, a fitting way to end the series.

So let me get this straight - Riker needs to recreate this historical event in the holodeck to determine that the right thing to do is 'go with your gut.' M'kay.

Jolene Blalock was right on the money with her comments about the finale.
Old 05-14-05, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
Was it just me or did Martina Sirtis entirely screw up her "Troi" accent? She sounded like a bad female impersonator much of the episode.

Overall, C-. I barely watched this show after the first season and don't regret that at all. I like Scott Bakula and the basic concept, but they really pissed away all of it on the same blather we've seen a hundred times before. Time for a longgg break.
Old 05-14-05, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The writing and storytelling on both episodes was awful. If anyone doubts that this show needed to be cancelled, that was their evidence. There's just too much to comment on that I won't even bother.
Old 05-14-05, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Maybe they should have done a flashback to when Troi did recite Archer's speech in her childhood as a way of bridging the hope from that speech to how it affected her life (and others) in a career onboard a starship in service of the Federation.
Old 05-14-05, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by theedge
He just got old...
In a recent interview Mirina Sirtis said that Jonathon had actually lost weight since the last time he wore the episode. They had to take the suit in.
Sirtis' weight didnt bother me, it was her plastic surgery that Did!

Another thing I noticed is how spry Porthos was. He would have been how old of a dog in the future?????
Old 05-14-05, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, Phlox understands canine physiology to keep Porthos fit and spry!
Old 05-14-05, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
when troi had to leave the holodeck for an appointment did she say "Reg will be mad if I'm late"?
this should have been a 2 hour finale.
the aliens shouldn't have attacked enterprise, thus trip didn't die. if he absolutely had to get killed then we should have gotten to see his parents
should have seen archers speech and the actual signing of the charter by the founding members
should not have been seen through riker on the holodeck, should have been seen as it was happening by the enterprise crew with no TNG tie ins at all
Old 05-14-05, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by mikehunt
should have seen archers speech and the actual signing of the charter by the founding members
Archer's speech was supposed to be stirring, quoted widely for generations to come... and you want it in a B&B scripted episode?

Old 05-14-05, 04:26 PM

i was sitting there watching it thinking a 4 year old could write something better then that garbage. I mean nothing that happened really made any sense.

This is set 5 years in the future and all that has changed is some hairstyles. I would be pretty pissed if i was still and ensign after 10 years.

A major character dies and you get the group sitting around looking like nothing happened at the end only 2 days after the fact. They have been "family" for 10 years and you couldn't have them look a little sad.

The characters acted in ways they never did - i mean if they really wanted to do this poing out that it was a holo simulation and there was a degree of error.

i could list a ton more but it is just too easy. I wish i had never watched it and took that terra prime episode as the last. At least it had some soul.
Old 05-14-05, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Good, not great.

As someone who STARTED watching Star Trek on TV with this Enterprise show, I guess I will be in for some good watchin' with TNG (I've only seen a few episodes here and there). I've seen most of the Trek flix except for the last couple.
Old 05-14-05, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It wasn't the best series finale, but it was better than Seinfeld's. How long exactly did B&B have to write this script?

Anyway, another series I enjoyed watching is gone. Thanks Paramount and UPN. I can safely say I will not be boldly going to UPN anymore.
Old 05-14-05, 06:23 PM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Sierra Disc
Was it just me or did Martina Sirtis entirely screw up her "Troi" accent? She sounded like a bad female impersonator much of the episode.
I think she pretty much gave up doing the accent after the first movie.
Old 05-15-05, 01:13 AM

I thought that the concept for the last episode was decent, but poorly executed. I HATED the part at the end with the speech. (or lack thereof) Children have to memorize it 200 years later, but they can't be bothered to actually show it. I also thought that
Spoiler:
Trip's death was exceptionally lame. Could they not find the tar monster costume?
Old 05-15-05, 02:55 AM

I thought the episode that aired before this one (with the Vulcan/Human baby) wasn't bad, and would have made a far more fitting series finale. In fact, I think I will consider that the official final episode, and ignore "These Are The Voyages..."

Concerning Archer's stirring speech that we were gypped out of hearing--maybe it's just as well. Knowing B&B, it would have gone like this: Archer steps up to the podium, clears his throat, takes a sip of water and says, "My fellow beings. It's been a long road, gettin' from there to here. It's been a long time, but my time is finally near. And I will see my dream come alive at last. I will touch the sky. And they’re not gonna hold me down no more. No, they’re not gonna change my mind. Cause I got faith of the heart..." Fade to black.
Old 05-15-05, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts
Ok I finally watched the final three episodes and I have to say I'm just going to ignore the actual finale since that was more of a TNG episode than an Enterprise finale. Though just as an aside, it would have been nice to add Sisko and Janeway's voices to the coda even though they didn't captain Enterprise. And as an aside, I saw Sirtis at a comic con yesterday and the camera must certainly add 10lbs cause she's not fat.

As for what I consider the real Enterprise finale it was OK. Nice to see Peter Weller again though I've gone on record in these threads saying the T'Pol-Trip thing needed to go away. It was nice to see Mayweather get some lines in the previous episode and the *not quite* Alien Nation reunion was nice as well. Overall Enterprise went out with a sad wimper that made the Voyager finale look like Citizen Kane.
Old 05-15-05, 08:12 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
Originally Posted by lisadoris
...made the Voyager finale look like Citizen Kane.
*shudder*

You know how hyponotists and psychiatrists work so hard to help people recover repressed memory? Well I'd like someone to help me repress my memory of the Voyager finale.
Old 05-15-05, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
So, yeah, I tuned into this. One of the big mistakes of my life.

The last hour should've been footage of B&B standing over Gene's grave and pissing.
Old 05-15-05, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Phil L.
No it certainly wasn't great. It was fairly craptastic in fact.
Boring and unmemorable also apply.

And yeah, but Riker sure got a lot fatter then her.
Nah. I've seen Frakes at near Orson Welles proportions.

He was positively svelte in the Enterprise capper.
Old 05-15-05, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It was a total slap in the face of a truly mediocre cast in another completely mediocre series by members of another forgettable show.

Enterprise had tremendous potential squandered season after season of bad writing. I don't think I wanted a Sci-Fi series to succeed as much as I did Enterprise.

I think most of us knew there was little hope after the first season.

Pathetic final episode.
Old 05-16-05, 06:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

What is it with Trek that they can't do heroic deaths? The only one that was heroic was the character that came back to life the next movie!

Tasha Yar taken by surprise, Kirk fell down a cliff, Trip commits completely unnecessary suicide.

Ratings-wise, it went out with a whimper too: it barely got higher ratings than the previous week.
Old 05-16-05, 08:09 AM

Does Wizdar post anymore? I would've loved to see his analysis of this final episode.

I have to agree with the previous posters though, this felt mostly like a slap in the face of the ENT cast by saying "Well, you guys suck, so let's just make you a subplot in a TNG episode instead".

However, I still enjoyed it for what it was. I liked "The Pegasus" when it originally aired so this adds a bit more detail to it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.