Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The O.C. - 05/12/05

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-05, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by spainlinx0
No offense Gizmo but you are completely in the wrong when it comes to the spoilers. The rules CLEARLY state that if the date is mentioned there is no need for spoiler tags on the EPISODE that airs that date. The previews still need to be spoilered, but Patman did nothing wrong. Considering all the actual spoilers that get placed in things such as the Lost thread I would think this wouldn't make anyone upset that the guy is actually following the rules. Sometimes I think the spoiler warnings should be a sticky at the top of every new thread instead of just the TV Talk section.

Good episode tonight. This was my first OC episode in a while.
Old 05-13-05, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom Banjo
Spoiler:
Caleb has his funeral, and the preview showed Jimmy and (I think) Hailey attending. Not sure about Lindsey. It also showed someone shooting up the Bait Shop, presumably because of Trey. It implies Marissa gets caught in the crossfire. That's about it.
Spoiler:
also Kirsten continues drinking and she is just wasted at the gathering after the funeral, I think she either ends the season in rehab or breaking up with Sandy over the drinking
Old 05-13-05, 12:35 PM

wow seth actually done the right thing for once and put summer first!!! amazing. Summer is a fool to forgive him. quite an ok episode although nothing really happened and the seeson is ending soon!!! right?
Old 05-13-05, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Throwing away a promising career / meeting with George Lucas for a high school girl is NOT "the right thing".
Old 05-13-05, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
Originally Posted by Meatpants
Throwing away a promising career / meeting with George Lucas for a high school girl you've already banged is NOT "the right thing".

Fixed.
Old 05-13-05, 01:17 PM

George Lucas is a tool. "I spent my time drawing JAR JAR" Ha
Old 05-13-05, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Meatpants
Throwing away a promising career / meeting with George Lucas for a high school girl is NOT "the right thing".
well from what I took away from it....George was pretty much encouraging him to go after her. I don't think Seth left a bad taste in his mouth, if anything, he was probably glad that Seth, although such a huge fan of his, talked to him like a real person. Funny thing though, Seth being Seth, talked about himself the whole time. I love how he never changes who he is for anyone. Not even his idol. That rocks.
Old 05-13-05, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts
George Lucas talks about using his creativity to create things like Ewoks and Jar Jar Binks... please tell me that was a tongue-in-cheek joke by him over general opinion of those two creations.
Old 05-13-05, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Anybody else really disappointed by the George Lucas cameo? Not from an acting standpoint necessarily(he did no worse than his buddy Spielberg at the end of The Blues Brothers), but just how bland and dull his scenes were.

Why not surprise us by having him play a warped version of himself? Kinda like William Shatner in Free Enterprise or John Malkovich and Charlie Sheen in Being John Malkovich.
Old 05-14-05, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Doughboy
Anybody else really disappointed by the George Lucas cameo? Not from an acting standpoint necessarily(he did no worse than his buddy Spielberg at the end of The Blues Brothers), but just how bland and dull his scenes were.

Why not surprise us by having him play a warped version of himself? Kinda like William Shatner in Free Enterprise or John Malkovich and Charlie Sheen in Being John Malkovich.
Maybe He is bland and dull.
What was that growing under Lucas' chin?

The finale looks horribly campy
Spoiler:
A moldavia type shootout already??
Old 05-15-05, 03:21 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Gizmodvd, your not the sharpest pencil in the box are you mate ?

Duh let's click on an OC thread just before i watch it, gee what will i find in the thread, duh stuff about the episode

I learnt a long time ago to stay away from any TV or movie thread until AFTER i've watched it

Not a hard concept really even for those with tiny IQs
Old 05-15-05, 10:16 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
The rule for spoiler tags is simple: in general, only tag for episodes that haven't aired yet. Or in the case of dated television threads (such as this one), only tag for episodes that air after the date of the show. This includes coming attractions.

It's a common sense approach, and it works great. Sometimes people will tag early discussion of the show (which is why the first post has tags), but after it's aired, everything is fair game.

The rule of thumb for anybody reading one of these threads: if the subject header is about a show you haven't seen, and you don't want to be spoiled, it's best not to click the thread. Especially if the show's aired already.
Old 05-15-05, 10:53 AM
Retired

As we covered already recently, spoiler tags aren't necessary in dated episoded threads when discussing what happened in that episode. That includes discussing the promo/previews for that ep and discussing the episode when it airs. And this was confirmed in feedback forum in a thread.

Anything about future episodes or other shows (that haven't aired already) need to be spoilerized.

The dated title serves as a warning that anyone who doesn't want spoilers should stay out of that thread until after watching that episode to be safe.

And again this is the official forum spoiler policy, as has already been discussed, so whining about it will do no good.
Old 05-15-05, 10:56 AM

I cant believe Caleb is gone

Was a good episode tho

Dunno wat to say bout George Lucas' appearance... o_O...he looked stupid.

Trey is a a$$, i want Ryan to beat him so bad!

Glad Seth n Summer got their dance @ the prom ^_^

x
Old 05-15-05, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No screen caps of Julie yet? Damn, she was hawt!

I wish they would just leave Seth and Summer together and get a different storyline for them both.

One good thing about the previews for next week:

Spoiler:
No sign of Oliver!
Old 05-16-05, 04:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by movieking
One good thing about the previews for next week:

Spoiler:
No sign of Oliver!
Spoiler:
Well, what sense would it make giving away what is sure to be one of the more "wtf" moments of the finale?
Old 05-16-05, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dvd182
Spoiler:
Well, what sense would it make giving away what is sure to be one of the more "wtf" moments of the finale?
Spoiler:
This is Fox. When have they never given away a WTF moment?
Old 05-16-05, 07:40 AM

so all you guys are saying that throwing the love of your life since yonks ago to meet george lucas ONCE?! that's sad to know
Old 05-16-05, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

An interesting review is in this weeks Entertainment Weekly about OC and the season overall. Here are a few exerpts:

Start with the uninspired string of issues The OC churned out this season -All dropped as unceremoniouslu as a played out Chrismukkah toy. The nipped alcholhism of Marissa. The near-adultry of Sandy. The chaste lesbian fling between Marissa and Alex, who ultimately was sent home. "home' meaning the place where TV's lesbians go after they've kissed some hot cast member.
The FOX show, once so sly with the pop culture references, is now as self impressed as a post-Rushmore Wes Anderson film. And lazy. You can't subsitiute randomness for humor and you cant treat storylines like a game of whack-a-moll.

They gave the show overall a "C."
Old 05-16-05, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
I would have given it a C-

The problem with S2 is that the show took itself too seriously. It tried to be a real soap and it just didn't work. In fact, the other teen drama on Thursday nights (earlier) this season, life as we know it, was far superior IMO.