Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

***Fresh Smallville Tonight "Forever" 5.11.05****

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-05, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
How many nose jobs has Allison Mack had in the past couple of years?

The Luthor subplot was filled with good dramatic tension, while the main subplot was just silly.
Old 05-12-05, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So...was this the finale?

Haven't watched this yet. Actually, I still haven't watched last weeks. However, based on the comments here, I should drop everything and watch these IMMEDIATELY.

Right..?
Old 05-12-05, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Next week is a 90 minutes finale, and there's a 10 minute Batman Begin promo piece.
Old 05-12-05, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
OMG - how horrible was that episode?!

One question - what is the big deal about Clark leaving Smallville to go to college. Can't he run home in a few minutes from Miami. Is going to Met U that big of deal - isn't Metropolis supposed to be relatively close to Smallville?
Old 05-12-05, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
OMG - how horrible was that episode?!

One question - what is the big deal about Clark leaving Smallville to go to college. Can't he run home in a few minutes from Miami. Is going to Met U that big of deal - isn't Metropolis supposed to be relatively close to Smallville?
yup, he could be home for dinner every single night from any college in the continental US, and back to college in time for a resonable lights out time if his college did that
Old 05-12-05, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
This season has been a disaster and no huge season finale will make up for it unlike last season. I hope they do a writer house clearing before next season.
Old 05-12-05, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Is there anyone that liked this ep?

Where are the usual "why do you guys watch this show if you don't like it?" posters...?
Old 05-12-05, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rogue588

Where are the usual "why do you guys watch this show if you don't like it?" posters...?
Shivering in fear at the awesome, terrible majesty that was this episode?
Old 05-12-05, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluebomber
I'm with you there, watching the episode and hearing Clark do his usual worried tone of voice when he said Lana's name just made me want to change channels right then and there. Its a plot that just has no more potential, been milked to death and needs to die. Hooking up with Chloe or hell finding someone else to stalk would be far more interesting storywise at this point.

Time to introduce Lori Lemaris to Smallville.

Andrew
Old 05-12-05, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Over here. I actually haven't seen the episode yet but it's good to know the weekly bitch about Smallville threads are still active.

Seriously, it's up against LOST. I'd think most people are watching THAT and just skipping this but the same old posters still keep the bitch thread alive. Now THAT boggles the mind. But hey, it's not my time they're wasting.
Old 05-12-05, 05:13 PM
Suspended

This season has been a disaster and no huge season finale will make up for it unlike last season. I hope they do a writer house clearing before next season.
I will co-sign that

Thats why I liked the Alicia storyline (though they disposed of her quickly enough) why not follow that storyline for a while? Why not develope her character a little more and see where it goes with Clark? Why does it ALWAYS have to be Lana Lana Lana? Very tiring, I am glad next season will be the last.

The whole Ma and Pa Kent thing is getting on my fucking nerves too this season. First it was Pa Kent pissing and moaning about the football thing, then he pissed and moaned about the farm, then about Clark leaving, what happened to the Kents that I knew from season 1&2 very strong character, who had actual developement, and wern't so damn pissy. I thought Martha worked at the Talon too, like managed it, all I see is Lois there running the show(god I want to bang her)
Old 05-12-05, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I didn't want to threadcrap, but when I saw the WB-inspired thread title I immediately thought: If it's FRESH then why does it smell so bad?
Old 05-12-05, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by animalmystic
I will co-sign that

Thats why I liked the Alicia storyline (though they disposed of her quickly enough) why not follow that storyline for a while? Why not develope her character a little more and see where it goes with Clark? Why does it ALWAYS have to be Lana Lana Lana? Very tiring, I am glad next season will be the last.
Because if they did that, people would go, "was this character in the comics? they're straying from the comics!!! Just have him hook up with Lana/Lois already!"

So it's lose-lose however the producers play it.
Old 05-12-05, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hey anytime Lois is on the show, I'm happy!
Old 05-12-05, 06:22 PM

who was the manequin, in the locker room, at the end whose eyes closed shut. It was the person Chloe first stumbled upon when she realized no one was in the school.
Old 05-12-05, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
Originally Posted by Kal-El
I'd think most people are watching THAT and just skipping this but the same old posters still keep the bitch thread alive. Now THAT boggles the mind. But hey, it's not my time they're wasting.

How many posters here have DVRs?
Old 05-12-05, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by Kal-El
Because if they did that, people would go, "was this character in the comics? they're straying from the comics!!! Just have him hook up with Lana/Lois already!"

So it's lose-lose however the producers play it.
Well Lana was possed by a witch in the comics. I don't remember a stupid stone storyline in the comic. I don't remember Lois meeting Clark in Smallville in the comic. I'm not looking for everything that was in the comic. I'm looking for a good show. This show just isn't doing that week in and week out. They do a great episode (by there standards) and then stinkers 2 weeks in a row. I'm sure the finale will be a good episode because they usually are so I know they have the ability to do good shows. That's what pisses me off so much.

Oh and TiVo check here.
Old 05-12-05, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Just watched it, man that was horrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible.

The kid's dad is so terrified of him, he agrees to build a replica school, fills it with every detail, then allows his kid to kidnap and murder people in it. OK.

When the Luthors escaped, I assume Jason was shooting at them to keep them from getting away? Why then did he start running from Lex once Lex picked up a stick? Although mad props for Jason throwing the mud in Lex's face to "blind" him, haven't seen that one since the WWF in the 80s

And when did Lionel give Lana the artifact? Did I miss that last week?

And why would the people unfreeze just because the kid died? They were frozen, it's not like he was actively keeping them in position.

Last edited by Meatpants; 05-12-05 at 07:52 PM.
Old 05-12-05, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Red Dog
How many posters here have DVRs?
Ok, it's not my time AND DVR space they're wasting. Not really much better. Kinda makes it worse actually.
Old 05-13-05, 03:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

How could this be the worst episode ever when Jason got whacked? He better stay dead. Once again though the main storyline was very cheesy. And Btw, Jason.... you're a hhhorrible shot. You missed Lionel from what? 3 ft. away?
Old 05-13-05, 06:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been skipping over the Jason bits the last few weeks, it makes the episode less painful to watch.
Old 05-13-05, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel
"Hey, these look like blueprints of the school... he must have constructed a replica of the school somewhere!"

Because, naturally, that's what I think when I see blueprints of an already existing building... that somebody made a copy somewhere else.

I couldn't have said it better myself.
I thought it was a pretty good episode. Sad that the girl got shattered and then nothing was said about here afterwards. Maybe they are just used to people getting killed in like in Sunnydale.
I do hate that this sacred stones story has gone nowhere and the Tieges have turned into standard heavys. Maybe they had different plans for the story before Chris Reeve passed away and Margot Kidder refused to do the show again?
Old 05-13-05, 10:57 PM
Suspended

Spoiler:
IMO Jason isn't dead, I think he will pop up in the season finale, then die along with his mommy, thank god too because I sooo dislike his character
Old 05-14-05, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How bad was this episode? I'm a long time fan and die hard Smallville apologist and I am now actually dumping the first three seasons on DVD (I'm trading all three for ONE season of OZ), I was that disgusted. I'll still watch next week but I am actually far more interested in the Batman trailer than the finale.
Old 05-14-05, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Well, it was better than a lot of stuff on Thursday night, that is when I watched it after DVR'ing it... I did like Lois' climbing up the pallets....and was thinking that Lionel shoulda let Genovieve die last week!

Plus we did find out that Lionel did take the stone and give it to Lana...didn't know that before!

But yeah, was a weak episode...hopefully next week will go out like last season's ending...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.