Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

"Lost" Start and End Times - Still Off??

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-05, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 620 Likes on 358 Posts

Because of how the networks were shifting the start times of certain shows, and also having them run a few minutes past the hour, I have had my DVR set to "buffer" Lost by a few minutes on each end. Because Wednesdays are now so darn heavy with things I want to record, this is causing a scheduling problem! In looking at the various guides, it [/i]appears[/i] that Lost starts and end on the hour now. Does anyone know for sure if this is the case? I really, really hate missing the last few minutes of any show, but especially this one!
Old 04-27-05, 10:47 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm not sure, but since this week's show is just a recap episode, it may just end right at the top of the hour this week. I think that's what happens with reruns - it ends right at 8 (or 9 or whatever). This way the new ep. of Alias can either run a couple minutes longer or end right at the top of the hour as well. Not sure though.
Old 04-27-05, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know what the deal is with Lost and Alias. I finally decided to get the last part of Lost recorded and miss the first part of Alias. I figured the end of one is more important than the beginning of the other.
Old 04-27-05, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you Tivo Lost and Alias, how are you missing anything? Even if the end of Lost runs long, it shows up at the beginning of your Alias recording.
Old 04-27-05, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Meatpants

If you Tivo Lost and Alias, how are you missing anything? Even if the end of Lost runs long, it shows up at the beginning of your Alias recording.

Good question.
Old 04-27-05, 12:51 PM
Retired

Yeah, or you could just set a repeating manual recording from like 7:55 to 10:10 or so to be safe on getting all of both if for some reason that's not working.
Old 04-27-05, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Yahoo says it runs a minute over, and implies it is an original
Lost
ABC Apr 27 08:00pm Add to My Calendar
Series/Drama, 61 Mins.
Spoiler:
"The Journey"
Flashbacks of the core characters show what they were doing before the crash.

Cast: Naveen Andrews, Emilie de Ravin, Matthew Fox, Jorge Garcia, Maggie Grace, Josh Holloway, Malcolm David Kelley, Daniel Dae Kim, Yunjin Kim, Evangeline Lilly, Dominic Monaghan, Terry O'Quinn, Ian Somerhalder.
Producer(s): J.J. Abrams, Damon Lindelof, Bryan Burk.

Original Airdate: April 27, 2005.
Old 04-27-05, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 622 Likes on 501 Posts
If you're a Nielsen family, please extend it to 11 to catch Eyes.
Old 04-27-05, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I think they're trying to trick people into watching a glorified clips show by hinting they'll be 30 seconds of new footage

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) In an effort to re-introduce viewers to its two most talked-about shows -- and to fill what normally would be a rerun slot for both -- ABC is assembling clip-show specials for "Desperate Housewives" and "Lost."

The primary goal of the specials seems to be enticing new viewers by reviewing the ever-deepening mysteries behind the two first-year hits. Press materials for both say they'll bring viewers "up to speed" or "up to date" on what's happened so far.

The network also says "Desperate Housewives: Sorting Out the Dirty Laundry" (Sunday, April 24) and "Lost: The Journey" (Wednesday, April 27), might offer up some fresh insight for fans of the show -- although there won't be much new material in either one. In "Lost's" case particularly, the special will also help fill a four-week gap between new episodes (the next original episode is scheduled for May 4).

"Lost: The Journey" will focus on the back stories of the stranded plane-crash survivors, arranging their stories chronologically to give a glimpse into the events that led them onto the doomed flight. It will also explore the mysterious island that's now their home.

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|94655|1|,00.html
Old 04-27-05, 04:14 PM

According to my Tivo, Lost runs from 8 to 9:01 p.m. Eastern time this week, while Alias runs from 9:01 to 10:02. I usually pad the end of Alias, but my Tivo has generally the start and end times right on these two shows.
Old 04-27-05, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Meatpants & johnglass
I think it's my cable company. For some reason, they list times for Lost as 7:00-8:01 and Alias as 8:02-9:03, or something as odd like that. I've even tried padding the time, but it seems like seconds are still getting left out. I'd TiVo these shows, but I want to watch them in high definition. It's a minor annoyance.
Old 04-27-05, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

With my cable, if the show goes until 9:02 or whatever the DVR always records it up to the end point. I never have to add buffer.

So tonight's show is only a recap episode right? And it's showing mostly character back stories?
If that's the case I will definitely skip it, as to me, the back stories are my least favorite part of the show. And repeated back stories would only be that much less interesting.
Old 04-27-05, 05:00 PM

Looks like ABC is offering this free on their web site tomorrow. Very nice! And I can save room on the DVR.
Old 04-27-05, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Phil L.
With my cable, if the show goes until 9:02 or whatever the DVR always records it up to the end point. I never have to add buffer.

So tonight's show is only a recap episode right? And it's showing mostly character back stories?
If that's the case I will definitely skip it, as to me, the back stories are my least favorite part of the show. And repeated back stories would only be that much less interesting.
Yeah, tonight's the clip show. I like how the clip show still goes over to 9:01. I'm glad West Wing is over so I don't have to either miss the last minutes of Lost or the first minutes of WW.
Old 04-27-05, 09:58 PM
Retired

The clip show was all things on the island though, they showed no flashback parts at all.