A Survivor/Amazing Race Wedding: Boston Rob & Amber to wed on TV

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-05, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
A Survivor/Amazing Race Wedding: Boston Rob & Amber to wed on TV

Rob and Amber Tie the Knot
By Sarah Hall

They survived Survivor and are doing amazingly well on The Amazing Race. So what's next for Rob Mariano and Amber Brkich--Newlyweds?

The reality twosome fondly known as "Romber" tied the knot Saturday at Atlantis resort at Paradise Island in the Bahamas.

As would only be fitting for a couple whose courtship and subsequent engagement played out on television, CBS was along for the wedding ceremony as well, filming for a two-hour special that will air on May 24.

In addition to a behind-the-scenes look at the preparations for the nuptials, the show, titled Rob and Amber Get Married, will also feature clips from Brkich's bridal shower and the couple's bachelor and bachelorette parties, rehearsal dinner and various surprises the couple planned for each other.

(We're just hoping they managed to keep the cameras out of the honeymoon suite.)

According to Brkich's hometown newspaper, the Beaver County Times, the bridesmaids wore teal for the ceremony. In a prior interview with CBS, Brkich said she wanted the groomsmen to dress in summery, white linen.

Celebrity wedding planner Colin Cowie helped the duo pull together a celebration fit for the reality-crazed viewing population of America.

Brkich and Mariano met when both former Survivor contestants (Australian Outback and Marquesas, respectively) returned to compete on Survivors: All-Stars.

In the show's live finale, Brkich was declared the winner of the $1 million prize and scored herself a fianc to boot after Mariano dropped to his knees and proposed.

The couple have since gone on to compete on The Amazing Race, where their aggressive game-play tactics have landed them in the lead, but won them few friends among fellow contestants.

Of course, Brkich and Mariano aren't the first reality-conceived couple to make it to the altar. That honor went to Bachelorette-forged couple Trista Rehn and Ryan Sutter, who wed in December 2003 in a million-dollar extravaganza televised by ABC.
Old 04-19-05, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
I just wonder how much they got paid.
Old 04-19-05, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm guessing that having the wedding free of charge was their payment.
Old 04-19-05, 04:49 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I actually enjoy them on both Survivor and Amazing Race, but why should I care about this? Unless...

"In this detour, teams must choose between Taking the Plunge and Find-the-Garter. In Taking the Plunge, teams must climb to the top of the world's tallest church, located in Boca Raton. Then they must take a zipline across the Javier Canal. The climb requires endurance and the zipline is scary, but teams in good shape could finish quickly. In Find-the-Garter, teams must find one of only ten garters hidden inside these five hundred wedding cakes. There's nothing scary about the task, but finding a garter among hundreds of cakes will be messy and could take a very long time."
Old 04-19-05, 06:11 PM

^^^ ^^^

Then Team En Fuego (Alex and Lynn) could sit there on a table in the back bitching about the food, the hall, the dresses, their seats, etc.
Old 04-19-05, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

somehow I don't think they'll be invited to the wedding.
Old 04-20-05, 04:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It is being reported that this will air against the finale of American Idol, which must mean it will also be up against the season finale of Lost. I have a feeling this would come in a far third.
Old 04-20-05, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by movieking
It is being reported that this will air against the finale of American Idol, which must mean it will also be up against the season finale of Lost. I have a feeling this would come in a far third.
The reports I read had it airing on May 24th, which is a Tuesday. (In Amazing Race's time slot.) Perhaps they meant 'part 1' of Idol's closer?
Old 04-20-05, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
I would watch a wedding (even a Catholic one) over American Idol.
Old 04-20-05, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Id watch if Amber wears a bikini for a wedding dress
Old 04-20-05, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
I have a great pic of Amber in a bikini top... with a sword... and no place to upload it to show you
Old 04-20-05, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
[email protected]
Old 04-20-05, 09:45 PM

I have a great pic of Amber in a bikini top... with a sword... and no place to upload it to show you
use image shack
Old 04-21-05, 02:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Publicity whores!
Old 04-21-05, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by apchrist
Thanks!

Old 04-21-05, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend