Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Amazing Race 7 - 04/12/05

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Which team will get eliminated?
Rob and Amber (Celebrities)
0%
Ron and Kelly (POW and Beauty Queen)
11.76%
Joyce and Uchenna (Married Couple)
0%
Lynn and Alex (Boyfriends)
7.84%
Meredith and Gretchen (Old Couple)
35.29%
Non Elimination
45.10%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

The Amazing Race 7 - 04/12/05

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-05, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SunMonkey
It wasn't 175 lbs but two sack filled to a total of 175 lbs. 88 lbs carried by two people isn't that much, IMO. And even then, those two bags were only carried to the cart and then wheeled four blocks.
none of those girls are gonna be carrying an 88 lb sack. they'd just cry the whole time...can you imagine Kelly trying to carry it
Old 04-14-05, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
88 lbs carried by two people at a time (44 lbs a person) is reasonable for anyone to carry over a very short distance, IMO.
Old 04-14-05, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by SunMonkey
88 lbs carried by two people at a time (44 lbs a person) is reasonable for anyone to carry over a very short distance, IMO.
I still stand by my statement. None of those girls except for possibly Amber would be carrying those sacks of coal.
Old 04-14-05, 09:20 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
- When they had the 'To Be Continued' with Lori and Bolo, it was because the producers found out that begging was illegal in Hungary or whatever country they were in. It was originally supposed to be a non-elimination, but was changed because they couldn't beg according to Aaron.

- Awesome ratings for this week! I noticed it was up to 15th last week which was the best I've seen.

- I wonder if they'll make it to Europe this race? Usually after India they head into China, New Zealand, Indonesia, or one of the islands in that area.
Old 04-14-05, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Anyone think the bump in the ratings is due to the continued success of Romber?
Old 04-14-05, 10:40 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 112 Likes on 101 Posts
I'm sure of it, I just hope that some of the new fans stick around and they don't continue to increase the Celeb entrants..
Old 04-15-05, 06:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
I'm sure of it, I just hope that some of the new fans stick around and they don't continue to increase the Celeb entrants..
Yeah, but that's exactly the reason why they will increase the celeb teams: it's reflecting in the ratings.
Old 04-15-05, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Patman
Anyone think the bump in the ratings is due to the continued success of Romber?
most definitely. This is my first season watching the Amazing Race. However, I'm a huge Survivor fan and although I can't stand Rob, I wanted to see how he would do in a show like this.
Old 04-15-05, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,966 Likes on 1,523 Posts
Next season:

Steph and Bobby John. Of course, they would lose miserably in the first week, but it was worth a shot, right?

I guess this celeb experiment worked a lot better than the Allison/Donny one, huh? Although the celeb status of Romber really gave them an unfair advantage at least a few times already...

BTW... I always think the people that go out of their way to help the contestants (like the person that helped Meredith and what's-his-face, even going on a ride with them) are doing it because they think they'll get some money. Is it just me? Because I can almost guarantee that if some foreign contestants were in a race in downtown LA, they'd be hard-pressed to find someone willing to help them to that extent without expecting anything. Maybe it's just the camera-time that they want...

Last edited by fujishig; 04-15-05 at 04:23 PM.
Old 04-15-05, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by fujishig
Although the celeb status of Romber really gave them an unfair advantage at least a few times already...
I've seen both sides. Are they incorporated like other teams are into the main group? I've mostly heard, "Anyone but Rob and Amber." isn't that a disadvantage?
Old 04-15-05, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I am offended by the term Romber. Jen and Ben were simply annoying. Rob and Amber bring a who new light to the amazing race and I enjoy much more than anyone I have seen yet.
Old 04-15-05, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by jasonr114
I am offended by the term Romber. Jen and Ben were simply annoying. Rob and Amber bring a who new light to the amazing race and I enjoy much more than anyone I have seen yet.
Old 04-15-05, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am offended by the term Romber.
Would you prefer Ambob?
Old 04-15-05, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dabaomb

I think jasonr114 is referring to that hack of a couple J Lo and Affleck as they were commonly called Bennifer(sp?) or something silly like that. The term Romber is simply a name and as much as it may have come from a J Lo/ Ben
reference this is just a television show and a bunch of goofy names many of us have come up with. What is offensive about it, or are the rest of us or at least Dabaomb and I missing some racial or slanderous term? Considering what I have seen some teams called in the past this is nothing.
Old 04-18-05, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
Gretchen always sounds like that old man from Scooby Doo, "I'd have gotten away with it if it weren't for those meddling kids...and their dog!"
Oh, how I long for a selective muting feature on my tv.
Old 04-19-05, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
Phil rocks, he suckered us all in. I'd have like to see the reaction of the other teams, looks like it was a tough leg, as they were all pretty wrecked.
Yeah, but I'm assuming we'll see their reactions next week. This is an unusual to-be-continued, assuming they'll have another Detour and another Road Block (which they didn't have with the to-be-continued last season), it's like a non-elimination without the 12-hour-rest and losing all your money... so I guess in some ways it's WORSE than a non-elim, because everyone loses the rest break. Some of them looked like they were ready to keel over.

Originally Posted by runner001
I think he got the agent at the first airport to make a reservation for a connecting flight while the other teams waited until they arrived at the second airport to make reservations for the connecting flight thus giving R&A and R&K the edge. At least that's what I got from how they edited it.
Actually, he just got the agent at the airport to make a reservation, while the other teams were on the phone making an reservation with a travel agent. Apparently the in-person agent was better than the on-the-phone agent, that's all.