TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Deadwood renewed for Season 3

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-05, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Deadwood renewed for Season 3

From HBO themselves:

LOS ANGELES, March 30, 2005 - HBO has renewed the Emmy® and Golden Globe-winning western drama series DEADWOOD for a third season, it was announced today by Carolyn Strauss, president, HBO Entertainment. Created and executive produced by David Milch ("NYPD Blue," "Hill Street Blues"), the show is scheduled to begin production of 12 new episodes later this year, with debut set for 2006 on HBO.

"DEADWOOD is a dazzling and unpredictable show that has connected with both subscribers and critics," noted Strauss. "I'm thrilled that David Milch will bring us more episodes of this intriguing series next year."

Kicking off March 6, the 12-episode second season of DEADWOOD has already sparked critical raves, with the New York Times calling it "absorbing and addictive." New York's Daily News observed, "I fell in love with it...a phenomenal place to visit," and the Washington Post hailed DEADWOOD as "unlike anything else on TV." Giving the series a grade of A-, Entertainment Weekly described it as "one hell of a great gimmick-free Western," while the Boston Globe termed the show "an occasion worth celebrating," and the Chicago Tribune said DEADWOOD was "a classic in the making."

DEADWOOD was nominated for 11 Emmys® last year and won two Emmys® (Directing for a Drama Series - Walter Hill and Sound Editing for a Series). In addition, it received a Golden Globe Award, for Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Drama (Ian McShane).

DEADWOOD is produced by HBO Entertainment in association with Red Board Productions and Paramount Network Television; created and executive produced by David Milch; executive producer, Gregg Fienberg.
Now where's Carnivale, HBO!?
Old 03-30-05, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pinata242
Now where's Carnivale, HBO!?
That was the first thing I thought as well.
Old 03-30-05, 04:36 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
I know...they're killing me with the suspense! Arrgh!
Old 03-30-05, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I think Carnivale is done with. Just a gut feeling.
Old 03-30-05, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,739 Likes on 1,888 Posts
Well, it does sort of seem a go fuck yourself to "Carnivale," doesn't it?

The day after Carnivale ends its second season, they renew Deadwood halfway through its run.
Old 03-30-05, 06:08 PM

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts
This hardly a shocker, but great news anyway. And I've become intrigued with this Carnivale show, although I've only seen a few minutes of one episode.
Old 03-30-05, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Good. I truly enjoy this show. Watched the first season of Carnivale and just didn't care to start watching this season.
Old 03-30-05, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts
They let The Wire flap in the wind for a while before they renewed it, so I wouldn't lose hope on Carnivale yet.
Old 03-30-05, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They must LOVE Deadwood there..I guess there figuring Ian McShane could bring them some coveted Best Actor Emmys
Old 03-31-05, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
They must LOVE Deadwood there..I guess there figuring Ian McShane could bring them some coveted Best Actor Emmys
I would think so. Al is currently the best character on TV. And I don't even quite think of the show as in my top 5.