Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Carnivāle "New Canaan, CA" (season finale) 3/27/05

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-05, 07:10 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Carnivāle "New Canaan, CA" (season finale) 3/27/05

As the world grows smaller, Samson devises a grand plan; Justin forces Iris to face her fear of heights; Stroud wants to protect Justin; Sofie finds herself in the dark; Rita Sue is touched by Samson's generosity; Ben performs his most important healings; and the carnival once more shakes dust...

Last edited by Geofferson; 03-27-05 at 09:57 PM.
Old 03-27-05, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts
It's been a long time since I anticipated a finale this much. Here's to hoping for more resolution than cliffhanger, and, God willing, an announcement soon that there will be a third season.
Old 03-27-05, 09:55 PM

Well, shit. We damn sure better get a third season...
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll put it simply: OMG, WTF? ...

What the hell is Sophie? Why the hell did she kill Jonesy? And she resurrected Justin? ARGH! If this doesn't get renewed, I'm going to lose it.

Last edited by coladar; 03-27-05 at 09:58 PM.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well I really hope thats not the last episode.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Holy crap. Ok, let's start talking.

So what happened to Sophie in the house that caused her to turn to the dark side? Or was it always pre-ordained? I thought the Omega was neutral?
Old 03-27-05, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, she didn't turn to the dark side that we know of, did she? Her actions, yeah, but she didn't just assum Justin's place.

She healed Justin. That ain't a dark power that we know of, it's a light power. She's the omega, that much we know. She can't be an avatar since she's a female. If she's anything, she's a combination of good and evil. But her mother probably wouldn't have killer her if she was good, which makes one wonder again why she has a good power.
Old 03-27-05, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That was a really good finale to cap off an excellent season. Hope this gets renewed if we want any of our questions answered.
Old 03-27-05, 09:59 PM

I hope Jonesy doesn't stay dead.
Old 03-27-05, 10:02 PM

Damn fine season finale!

I too am slightly confused as to what Sofie actually is. Assuming that the Omega is neutral, is what makes the most sense because of the light and dark powers that she now knows she has. But that is where my confusion lies...what led her to turn in that shack?

Also, I loved Sofie and Justin's one-on-one early on...
Sofie: "Go to hell!"
Brother Justin: "No need. I'm going to bring it here."
Old 03-27-05, 10:02 PM

Loved the episode, and really have loved this season as a whole. While last season was great, I just wasn't as captivated, partly due to the slow pacing and so many unanswered questions.

I really hope it gets renewed, because it would suck to not find out about Sophie and what happens with her.
Old 03-27-05, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Tom Banjo
I hope Jonesy doesn't stay dead.
I know. I was bummed about that. He sure didn't have a whole lot of time to enjoy his healthy knee.
Old 03-27-05, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

One thing I was just thinking about... The people Justin slaughtered. Did anyone catch if they were the same as the ones Ben healed? We know Norman was healed and killed, and I believe Justin killed three other people, the same number Ben healed. Was curious if he targeted the ones healed to regain his strength or it was just an outburst of rage.
Old 03-27-05, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by coladar
Was curious if he targeted the ones healed to regain his strength or it was just an outburst of rage.
Good question, but I think it was just an outburst of rage. Only because I did not see Brother Justin kill the boy.
Old 03-27-05, 10:08 PM
Suspended

It would be just plain cruel if HBO didn't renew it for anotheer season

I always guessed Ben would somehow heal Norman, it's a shame it didn't last long though I kinda liked the old fella.

So, even if Justin does come back.. doesn't like everyone in the camp know he's pure evil now, like after killing people and stuff?
Old 03-27-05, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by necros
So, even if Justin does come back.. doesn't like everyone in the camp know he's pure evil now, like after killing people and stuff?
I'm fairly certain the answer to that is no. In the end, heavy reference is given that the Carnivale needs to get the hell out of dodge before they find Justin and come for revenge. Based on that, I'd say maybe a few know he's evil, but most still follow him.

Some possible spoiler speculation on the end that just happened upon me:

Spoiler:
Hmm... I just put something together. If Sofie was resurrecting Justin, the crops would not have died, would they? She killed Jonesy to bring Justin back. What if the crop dying was her healing Ben? And that she isn't evil, but simply keeping a balance between good and evil?

Matter of fact, I guarantee that was the entire premise of the Omega and the ending. Not to take a side, but to keep a balance.

Last edited by coladar; 03-27-05 at 10:14 PM.
Old 03-27-05, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by coladar
But her mother probably wouldn't have killer her if she was good, which makes one wonder again why she has a good power.
The only thing I can attribute this to is because she had sex with Ben.
Old 03-27-05, 10:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
SO, how did she ressurect Jstin using the corn?
Was Jonesy the trade off for Justin?
we never got to see Ldz (sp) either. I figured when he said we would see him soon, he might have some part in this, but i guess not. I can't see Jonesy staying dead, and since Sophie is a mix of good and bad, maybe she will be more willing to play with lives, trading meaningless people for people that can be used as pawns.
I really hope this comes back for another season...
Old 03-27-05, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, I called the Sophie turn as soon as Jonesy went off the rescue her. Damn, I was hoping they'd go in a different direction. But I also thought that they might reveal that Sophie would be pregnant with Ben's baby to end the good vs. evil fight, but that never happened.

I got goosebumps when Justin got off the ferris wheel. I don't know if I've ever been this captivated by a TV show before.

We've gotta have a season 3, we've just gotta! And an Emmy for Amy Madigan, too!
Old 03-27-05, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by ivelostr2
SO, how did she ressurect Jstin using the corn?
Was Jonesy the trade off for Justin?
Based on how the healing powers have worked for Ben in the past, I took it as Justin was healed due to the corn fields dying.
Old 03-27-05, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Geofferson
The only thing I can attribute this to is because she had sex with Ben.
I keep looking for comparisons between her and iris, both female children of an avatar, but i just cant make the connections
Old 03-27-05, 10:17 PM

So..... Ben can heal people's legs and stuff using the crops as "energy".... but he needed to take the life of another person to resurrect someone that was already dead. How could Sophie resurrect Justin with just crops?
Old 03-27-05, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Geofferson
Based on how the healing powers have worked for Ben in the past, I took it as Justin was healed due to the corn fields dying.
but hasn't it been said he must trade a life for a life, he can heal arms and legs using birds and cornfields, but to bring someone back form the dead it had to be life for life right?
Old 03-27-05, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Ted The Bug
So..... Ben can heal people's legs and stuff using the crops as "energy".... but he needed to take the life of another person to resurrect someone that was already dead. How could Sophie resurrect Justin with just crops?
that's why im figuring jonesy was the trade off
Old 03-27-05, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Ted The Bug
I answered this a couple minutes ago, maybe it's getting missed in the spoiler space. It's just putting 1 and 1 together, so let me repeat it without the spoilers:

The Omega doesn't take sides, it keeps a balance between good and evil. It is neutral like we all assumed. But, the difference is not that it is the combination of good and evil to take the place of the Avatars, but just to keep the balance.

She killed Jonesy to bring Justin back. The crops died because she was saving Ben, which is why the camera zoomed in on him in managements trailer at the end.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.