Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

American Dreams, 3/23

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-05, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
American Dreams, 3/23

Another excellent episode. Amazing how timely it was given the headline of the day. I wonder if it was accurate on the position of the Church at the time.
Old 03-24-05, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I was curious about the Church's position, too.

Didn't like that shit-bag was back by the end of the episode.

Liked the J.J./glove story.

And Luke's seats to the Rolling Stones were great.

Patti's awesome.
Old 03-24-05, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Definitely a great episode.

The timing was definitely eery considering the Schiavo situation.

Towards the end of the episode I was thinking how much of a shame it is that there is probably only one more show left.
Old 03-24-05, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
Originally Posted by TruGator
Towards the end of the episode I was thinking how much of a shame it is that there is probably only one more show left.

Yep. The producer has said an ending/epilogue has been shot just in case it is a series finale. Either way, I hope NBC decides AD's fate before next week's finale.
Old 03-24-05, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Lots of plotlines in this episode:

Patty's bout with coolness crashes and burns after she corrects the grammar on the song title of a Rolling Stones song on AB.

JJ's idea at work gets stolen, but later JJ gets the credit he deserves in helping to solve a problem with the spacesuit glove dexterity.

Henry (in spite of Sam's new-fangled economics learning) makes a nice sale to a local hotel for TVs and alarm clocks.

Jack and his extended family face a decision on whether or not to keep his older brother alive after a bad accident. It's amazing how timely this subplot was considering what's going on in Florida with the Schiavo case. Finally, after much soulsearching, Jack signs off on the DNR order. Pete wanted nothing to do with this situation, but comes around after a while.

Beth goes to see her father in light of Jack's brother and getting to know Jack's niece.

Luke cons Rox by promising her good Rolling Stones concert seats, which turn out to be a ways away on a rooftop, Meg and Sam join in the fun.

Later Chris shows up, and Meg is surprised.

Can't believe we could be one episode away from the end of this fine drama.
Old 03-25-05, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts
This is one of the best dramas on tv period. This was a very strong and powerful episode. I love to see anything about the 60's. The 60's were such a turbulent time period with rapid change. I will be sad to see it gone if NBC cancels it. If only they hadn't priced the first season dvd so high, maybe it would have picked up some new viewers, but it is listed at $70 on ddd. I hope we get the other two seasons on dvd.