Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The West Wing 03/23/05

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-05, 03:30 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chew
I think Procter is still a tad busy on a much more popular (Nielson-wise) show.

But she's had more character development on a handful of WW epsidoes than all of CSI. Of course, she couldn't come back anyway since she's under contract, and breaking TV contracts almost always means you can't do another TV show for X years.
Old 03-25-05, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 620 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally Posted by Legolas
But she's had more character development on a handful of WW epsidoes than all of CSI. Of course, she couldn't come back anyway since she's under contract, and breaking TV contracts almost always means you can't do another TV show for X years.

Even without the contract issue, given the budget cuts on West Wing (and ratings-wise there is no reason why NBC would pay the amount CBS pays for CSI:Miami), she would probably have to take quite a pay cut to go back to West Wing.
Old 03-25-05, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
they need to find a way to bring Sam back, even if it's only for a couple episodes
nbc owes Lowe something considering they put him on a couple shows that got canned in less than a year
Old 03-25-05, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by mikehunt
they need to find a way to bring Sam back, even if it's only for a couple episodes
nbc owes Lowe something considering they put him on a couple shows that got canned in less than a year
I don't think they owe him anything. They should of learned their lesson the first time when he left when he did not get the money that he thought he deserved. They gave him two shots (not sure but I think one of his shows was on CBS and one on NBC, but correct me if I am wrong) and both shows failed. The first with his as the big star. The second with a co-star equally successfull. If Rob Lowe comes back it will probably be with his tail between his legs, knowing they he screwed up the first time he left.
Old 03-26-05, 02:23 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 113 Likes on 102 Posts
Things must be tough at the White House, it seemed like they couldn't afford to keep the lights running. The entire episode was totally dark.
Old 03-26-05, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

after watching this i discovered that i enjoyed alan alda's one episode much more than i have enjoyed all of smits'. while i would definitely miss josh and everyone else, i would much prefer alda next year (even though i would be shocked, SHOCKED i say, if this were to happen).
Old 03-28-05, 06:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kevin75
after watching this i discovered that i enjoyed alan alda's one episode much more than i have enjoyed all of smits'. while i would definitely miss josh and everyone else, i would much prefer alda next year (even though i would be shocked, SHOCKED i say, if this were to happen).
Agreed. I would enjoy Alda soooo much more than Smits as President.
Old 03-28-05, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts
Finally saw this episode and yes I did enjoy seeing Alda (finally). I still want Smits to win which could set up Josh, Donna and possibly Toby coming back.

I could see them working in Leo as head of the DNC but that's a stretch and I certainly don't see him as VP - a position I'm guessing we won't see filled until next season since there are only two episodes left. That is unless the current VP and Santos decide to consolidate forces and run together which given the conversation Vidick's aide's had about which Dem would win the nomination is plausible but way too easy IMO.
Old 03-29-05, 06:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The newest issue of TVGuide had a little blurb that might (indirectly) shine some light on next season. The budget has been slashed from $6mil per episode to $3. I'm guessing it'll be hard to keep many of the current stars if they don't have a lot to pay them with.