Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Shield "Grave" 3/22/05

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-05, 09:39 PM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
The Shield "Grave" 3/22/05

Grave

Vic's attempt to help a friend find a wayward teenager quickly turns into a nightmare when his fellow cops get caught in a shootout with the missing teen. Vic tracks down a drug dealer in the center of this case who may be linked to Antwon Mitchell (Anthony Anderson), the ex-convict gang banger turned community leader. David Aceveda (Benito Martinez) spends his last day in the Barn trying to bury Vic for good which complicates things for the new captain, Monica Rawling (Glenn Close).

Last edited by Geofferson; 03-22-05 at 09:58 PM.
Old 03-22-05, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Acevada is a freak.
Old 03-22-05, 10:00 PM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
So Aceveda is out (and truly messed up) and the men's room is functioning again.

"Clean-up on aisle 4!"
Old 03-22-05, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I don't like Shane as a Vic wannabe I liked him when he was Vic's Bitch, it just seemed "cool" when Vic was a badass crooked cop but Shane just seems evil and like he's trying to out do Vic.

And we need more Lemonhead dammit.
Old 03-22-05, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Geofferson

"Clean-up on aisle 4!"
Try clean-up in Aceveda's office.
Old 03-22-05, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
So Vic needs the bangers to take out Shane, or he is in trouble as Shane is a punk and will drop a dime on everyone, his bitch would too.
What are the odds Vic plays straight? Is this where Shane comes in, allows Vic to be clean this season?
Old 03-23-05, 12:12 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 255 Likes on 193 Posts
Acevada wacking it to the rape video is right up there with Dutch strangling the cat as creppy moments from the show.

I wonder if anything wil come of Dutch and Vic's ex flirting in the hospital. Banging his ex would be the ultimate payback for all the shit Vic has given him in the past.
Old 03-23-05, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Didn't expect to see Peggy Bundy.
Old 03-23-05, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Ass Invader really is whacked. all that tape showed was hairy man ass
Old 03-23-05, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

"Money and ***** will make a man do evil shit."
Old 03-23-05, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great freakin' episode. I can't believe this show keeps getting better.
IMHO the best show on TV today.

Damn it, I want a strike team.
Old 03-23-05, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mikehunt
Ass Invader really is whacked. all that tape showed was hairy man ass
I think you are missing the point. I don't think he's getting off on the sex in the tape, but the brutal control in it. He's been controlled like that in the past and has troubles now in his own relationship. Psychologically it's not that surprising that a scene like that, of some man taking total, brutal control over somebody, would help turn him on. It's fucking twisted is what it is, but what do you expect when you're forced to suck some guy off at gunpoint and then you bury it in your psyche rather than get some help?

I kinda like where they are going with Shane and Vic this season. Will be interesting to see where they take it, but like somebody else said, it might give Vic the room to play it straight while Shane goes off the tracks. If Shane keeps up like this, won't be long before he gets what's coming to him. The promo at the end for next week's episode looked damn good. I wasn't too crazy about Glenn Close joining this season, but she's been excellent so far and I can't wait to see Vic unleashed as they said in the promo.
Old 03-23-05, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I had my ReplayTV record the second showing because I was recording something else during the first showing.....It didn't start until almost 3 minutes after the hour and some was cut off. What happens right after Shane yells at Anthony Anderson in his car then starts to walk off?
Old 03-23-05, 02:02 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Any care, I took pictures of the exteriors since it was around my area about 3-5 minutes away

Old 03-23-05, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
yeah I was going to add that getting off on watching a rape was also whacked, but hairy man ass was bad enough
Old 03-23-05, 05:15 AM

I have a couple questions:

1. What exactly is the "Vice" division where Shane is now working?

2. Also, where is Lem working? He has some connection to a youth group or something, but he clearly is still a cop since he was carrying a gun this episode and was in on the interrogation.

This was a great episode and it's certainly setting up a very interesting season. But I hate what they have done to Shane. He was one of my favorite characters in the first two seasons, now he's just a fool and an ass. And since Shane was painted as such a racist last year why in the world does he now have a Hispanic partner? BTW I hope they bring back Tavon or at least give some more closure to his storyline.
Old 03-23-05, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What's got me wondering is the whole Gilroy thing. The whole sub plot felt like filler material, and that's something that doesn't really happen on this show. So now I'm wondering if Ben set up something before he died... maybe a few calls to IAD or such.
Old 03-23-05, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
That was one confusing episode.
Old 03-23-05, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by mijang
I have a couple questions:

1. What exactly is the "Vice" division where Shane is now working?

2. Also, where is Lem working? He has some connection to a youth group or something, but he clearly is still a cop since he was carrying a gun this episode and was in on the interrogation.

Vice is the division that deals with the "vices" of man, like gambling, prostitution, and drugs.

I believe Lem transferred to the Juvenile Crime division, at least that's the way it sounded after the first episode. Since Vic is working gangs again, it means they'll probably be frequently meeting up.
Old 03-23-05, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Superb episode. No way Vic goes straight. He might try, but my guess is that he'll be pulled back into the dark side because he'll have to save Shane's ass. The Ass Invader scene was wiggity wacked. I like where they're taking that character, and I agree with badger: it had nothing to do with man ass and everything to do with control. I'll be curious to see what comes of this.
Old 03-23-05, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
So we have this seasons razor wire tension all set up...

Vic takes over the gang unit with IAD sniffing up his ass, all while juggiling to keep Shane alive behind the scenes while simultaneously busting Shane's new drug connection...the fact that Shane is out of controll and thinks he's Vic Jr is only going to make Vic's job much harder.

Add a city councilman up his ass and this might have the MOST ulcer inducing moments of any season.

PLUS the big fish Russian mobster Vic is now after got screwed by the Money Train

Last edited by Tommy Ceez; 03-23-05 at 10:59 AM.
Old 03-23-05, 10:54 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Good episode. Though I feel like something feels a little off this year ... Separating the strike team isnt a good move IMHO.

I do wonder if Acevedo will have his own office & VCR at the city council to continue his ... well ... you know ...
Old 03-23-05, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

This is shaping up to be Buffy vs. Willow all over again
Old 03-23-05, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by vegasbaby
Good episode. Though I feel like something feels a little off this year ... Separating the strike team isnt a good move IMHO.
Maybe they'll reform the strike team sans Shane. You need 4 for the strike team and you can definitely tell that Lem is itching to come back. If Tevon has recovered from the iron to the back of his head, then that would make four.
Old 03-23-05, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
GREAT episode.

It seems like they may be setting Vic up to go on the straight and narrow, what with the whole "Amazing Grace" playing and Vic seeming to reflect on where being crooked got the former Chief of Ds. Superbly played without coming right out and beating us over the head with it. I imagine he'll at least give it a try, but whether he succeeds or not is, of course, another matter...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.