Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Help me identify this X-Files episode.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-05, 04:10 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help me identify this X-Files episode.

A buddy of mine told me about this episode, not sure what season it is from, or if its even true or not.

It was a "Cops" type episode where Mulder and Scully went out like cops style and rode along with regular cops?? Busting people? I think he said it was shot in b&w too. Is this shit true? If so was the episode good, and from what season was it from?

Thanks
Old 03-22-05, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

(It is a good episode, IIRC.)

Last edited by Morf; 03-22-05 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-22-05, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by animalmystic
A buddy of mine told me about this episode, not sure what season it is from, or if its even true or not.

It was a "Cops" type episode where Mulder and Scully went out like cops style and rode along with regular cops?? Busting people? I think he said it was shot in b&w too. Is this shit true? If so was the episode good, and from what season was it from?
Season 7, Episode 12 - X-COPS. Originally aired 2/20/2000.

It is not shot in B&W... it is actually shot using hot video just like they do on COPS. (The show was actually shot by COPS camerman and soundman Daniel Emmett and John Michael Vaughn.) It was a fun standalone episode IMO.
Old 03-22-05, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A low point even by season 7 standards. It hurt my brain.
Old 03-22-05, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
I loved this episode. This and a few others I would love to have w/o having to buy full seasons.
Old 03-22-05, 05:59 PM
Suspended

Cool thanks for the info

[QUOTE]
Season 7, Episode 12 - X-COPS. Originally aired 2/20/2000.

It is not shot in B&W... it is actually shot using hot video just like they do on COPS. (The show was actually shot by COPS camerman and soundman Daniel Emmett and John Michael Vaughn.) It was a fun standalone episode IMO
Whoa I didn't know that, way cool.
Old 03-22-05, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The concept of the show, as far as the villain/evil force was a good idea, but the execution was a horrible idea in my opinion. It is probably one of my least favorite episodes and I even stuck with the series until the very end.
Old 03-22-05, 08:55 PM

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts
Horrible, horrible episode.
Old 03-23-05, 01:06 AM
Suspended

Hmmm the concept sounds interesting but the general feel from the people that have replied is that is really bad. While I still want to see the episode, can you give a quick review on what the episode was about w/o spoilers, a general what happens would be great, thanks.

With this coming to mind, while the general consenses is that the last few seasons of X-Files is really bad (i stopped watching half way through the series) I really want to start where i left off and explore the show some more and what I missed out on.
Old 03-23-05, 03:57 AM

From TVTome

A Los Angeles police officer who is being filmed for the show COPS is attacked by a strange monster and Mulder and Scully are investigating the case. Scully is wary of having their faces put on national television but Mulder welcomes the publicity.
-----

I think the episode is pretty bad. By the time the show got to this point the writing just wasn't what it once was. They were trying new things with X-Cops, which was good, but the episode just isn't entertaining. Fans of COPS might like it more then fans of The X-Files.
Old 03-23-05, 04:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
X COPS is one of my favorite X-Files Episodes. Right up there with "Bad Blood" as one of the funniest the show has ever done.
Old 03-23-05, 05:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by animalmystic
With this coming to mind, while the general consenses is that the last few seasons of X-Files is really bad (i stopped watching half way through the series) I really want to start where i left off and explore the show some more and what I missed out on.
If you can rent the seasons you missed I still think they would be worth your time to watch them. It never ceases to amaze me just how many people, most who call themselves fans, bailed on the show in the later season. I felt that I'd rather see a bad X-Files episode instead of no episode at all. I could never have just stopped watching and I'm glad I didn't. While the show certainly changes I think there are some great episodes later on with the different cast.