Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Committed 3/8/05

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-05, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Committed 3/8/05

This show continues to go where no other show dares, and it makes me laugh when they do.

Nate and Todd are such unlikely foes, but they are funny when they do battle.

The nanny and Bowie started off with the premise of a bad SNL skit, but the payoff at the end was funny enough.
Old 03-10-05, 07:39 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
I really hate Todd. Especially after this episode (which by the way I did find very funny).

"I just want to let go. I want to roll his wheelchair out into the middle of the street and let go." - Nate

Line of the night:

"Can you do it without your back-up singer?" - Tess to Bowie after touching himself 14 times while singing the National Anthem

Last edited by Goldberg74; 03-10-05 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Thanks Brain Stew -- GB74
Old 03-10-05, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am finding this show consistently funny. I am glad I'm not the only one. Todd is one of those people I love to hate, and it is great. The show creators were smart to make a black handicapped man as the arch enemy, because on the inside you are constantly torn between wanting to hate him and knowing that you shouldn't.
Old 03-10-05, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Goldberg74
"I wanna finish this. I wanna roll his wheelchair out into the middle of the street and finish this." - Nate
No, he said "I just want to let go. I want to roll his wheelchair out into the middle of the street and let go."

A minor difference, but it makes more sense .
Old 03-10-05, 10:02 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Originally Posted by Brain Stew
A minor difference, but it makes more sense .
Thanks. I fixed it.
Old 03-10-05, 12:32 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I wish this show was doing better in the ratings. I finally find a 'traditional' sitcom (I don't consider shows like Arrested Development as sitcoms) that has some ballsy humor and can make me laugh out loud, and it'll likely be canned because its ratings are terrible.
Old 03-10-05, 01:29 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Need more character development. If Clown can be developed with Kramer Style, this show will have a future.
Old 03-10-05, 01:57 PM

Clown is a waste ...even though they finally gave the reason for his being.

Liked Todd's line about feeling like he got hit by an 18 wheeler again. Took me a split second to catch it ...but was funny.
Old 03-10-05, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"Committed", for me, is turning out to be one of those shows. You know, one of those shows that seems like it should be horrible, and yet, somehow, consistantly does a decent job of turning out laughs.

Sure, it's not the greatest thing to happen to the world of entertainment, but it's something that I am happy to watch after "Scrubs."

(That having been said, I hate Todd. Sure, he's a good character, but something about the delivery of his lines, his look... Something just rubs me the wrong way. Maybe that's what the writers want. If so - it's working.)