Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Yertle - the Lost Dr. Seuss special??

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-05, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Yertle - the Lost Dr. Seuss special??

Been trying to put together a definitive Dr. Seuss animation collection, including everything from the Snafu cartoons up to Daisy-Headed Maisy.

I know some items are practically impossible to secure, like the two George Pal Puppettoons (Mulberry St. and Bartholemew Cubbins), but I was suprised to find one on IMDB I had never heard of.

Supposedly, back in 1977, there was an animated TV special for Yertle the Turtle. IMDB provides no further details, such as voice actors, animation director, etc. Just a blank listing for the title.

Does anyone actually remember seeing this special? I thought I had seen just about everything but this one has thrown me for a loop.

If it did air, why was it lost in the shuffle? Surely, it couldn't have been any worse than The Grinch Grinches the Cat in the Hat!

Any information would be greatly appreciated. My googling has basically brought up zip.

Thanks in advance.