Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

American Idol 3/2/05 - Results Show

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-05, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
American Idol 3/2/05 - Results Show

I have to applaud FOX for the change in the results show so far...Seacrest asking the judges serious questions (instead of the usual fluff) about how these guys can improve their work, and none of the going from contestant to contestant to name the person who is eliminated...I'm hoping they've learned their lesson and this is the way it will be done from now on...still some show to go yet - we'll see.

9:14 PM Edit: Well, THAT lasted a whole commerical break...looks like they are back to the chinese water torture again with the girls...

Last edited by Shannon Nutt; 03-02-05 at 08:14 PM.
Old 03-02-05, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow.

Spoiler:
I wonder who Janay has pictures of to keep herself safe in this competition. She was awful last night.

I really do like this change in the award ceremony as well.

TK
Old 03-02-05, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
if this is the results show thread
you shouldnt have to use spoilers.. obviously noone would read this thread without expecting results

they arent being near as mean this week

and that one really crappy singing chick made it another week???
Old 03-02-05, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk God

packing into half an hour really made it quick

joe is an ass.. he didnt do anything wrong.. the man is holding him down by not giving him enough air time
semi surprised to see david gone already
Old 03-02-05, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

who got the boot?

i won't get to see the show in my area until MUCH later tonight, due to some stupid-ass college basketball game, and even then i have to wait thru the local news show.
Old 03-02-05, 09:05 PM

Booted:

Girls:
Spoiler:
Celena and Aloha

Guys:
Spoiler:
Joseph and David
Old 03-02-05, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Good choices, IMO...except I would have given Aloha one more week and booted that horribly annoying Janay chick.
Old 03-02-05, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by twikoff
packing into half an hour really made it quick

joe is an ass.. he didnt do anything wrong.. the man is holding him down by not giving him enough air time
semi surprised to see david gone already
Yeah, even though I predicted Joe would be gone, I didn't think he should...that is until he made a donkey of himself like Melinda did last week after losing. Good riddance to both of them. I predicted David as well. Both his performances were subpar (at least for the guys).

The only real surprise is that Janay is still around. How?? She sings badly, shows off an ugly (possibly pregnant) belly, and is unlikable on top of all that, yet she lives on...Constantine should also be gone but alas, I fear he will survive a few more weeks along with Teen Dresher .
Old 03-02-05, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm shocked. The two worst women were Janay and Lindsey and they survive!
Old 03-02-05, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by moocher
She sings badly, shows off an ugly (possibly pregnant) belly, and is unlikable on top of all that, yet she lives on
Old 03-02-05, 11:17 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Glad to see Aloha gone. I couldn't stand her.
Old 03-02-05, 11:24 PM
Banned

I like David, and I'm sad to see him go. I was rooting for him to win it all. I love his additude and faith. I want Constantine gone, I don't like him. I do however like Bo, seems much humbler and has a better voice. I
Old 03-02-05, 11:27 PM

I would've kept Aloha for one more week and booted Janay or Mikalah.

I would've kept David for one more week and boot out Constantine, Savol, Federov, or Anwar.

In other words, America is doing good so far but should be more impartial and vote less on preference.
Old 03-03-05, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought Celena was alright. Overall good choices to go I suppose.
Old 03-03-05, 02:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hmm, Janay must have supporters that call non-stop, 'round the clock.

Clearly, she should've been the one to go, and not Aloha.

I know Lindsey's voice isn't top notch and is one of the weakest in the lot, but I have to be a dog and say I want her around for eye candy. If she goes, then I can't complain.

I thought Amanda has shown some improvement, but I'd say she's in the weaker category, as far as vocal talent goes.

I still have to see their performances next week, but going on the last two weeks, I think Janay needs to go and, sadly, Lindsey if she doesn't come up with something awesome.

As for the guys, Anthony Federov has a great voice, but I hope he doesn't something exciting and not sappy like he seems pre-disposed to do.

When I saw David, Joe (who was one of my picks to go), Mario, and Travis standing there at the end. I was like "wtf?" Travis and Mario? I wonder if they have the lowest 4 vote getters stand there, or they just happened to be sitting next to David and Joe, but I was worried there for a sec. Travis has good stage presence and a decent voice. He plays it safe. I was thinking it was going to be David and Joe when I saw them, but you never know with AI. It's the public that's voting.

Sad to see David go. He was ripe with potential, but he should've picked some Maxwell or Babyface song ("When Will I See You Again"), or something along those lines that I think would've suited his vocals and win over voters, as well. JMHO.

Bummer.

(Bo!!)
Old 03-03-05, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
The week after a contestant SHOULD go but somehow stays the judges RAVAGE him/her...

...Janay is in for a serious beating next week.
Old 03-03-05, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
unfortunately Aloha being ditched at this stage of the game, means The Nanny will likely make the final 6. I can't expect janay to make it next week, and Lyndsey needs to pull one out of a hat to live another week.
Old 03-03-05, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, Janay hails from Lawrenceville, GA, dangerously close to Snellville, GA, which was able to keep Diana DiGarmo all the way to the finals. So, it could be ugly if Janay's support keeps her next week as well. Who the hell is calling to keep Janay in the competition? Do these fans enjoy seeing an unprepared 17 year struggle on a weekly basis?
Old 03-03-05, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
Well, Janay hails from Lawrenceville, GA, dangerously close to Snellville, GA, which was able to keep Diana DiGarmo all the way to the finals. So, it could be ugly if Janay's support keeps her next week as well. Who the hell is calling to keep Janay in the competition? Do these fans enjoy seeing an unprepared 17 year struggle on a weekly basis?
That was my only "surprise" of yesterday show, that Janay is able to stay another week.

Can somebody arrange the phone lines being down for couple of hours next Tuesday in the vicinity of her hometown so we can put an end to this travesty.
Old 03-03-05, 11:04 AM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Janay will be this years Jasmine, she will stick around like a thorn in our side. I agree about Constantine needing to get the boot also. I know in my household all the girls keep voting for him because of his pretty boy looks.
Old 03-03-05, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
From the first audition, I thought this competition was David's. Surprised to see that he never did as well since. Still, I didn't expect him to go so quick.
Old 03-03-05, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
The week after a contestant SHOULD go but somehow stays the judges RAVAGE him/her...

...Janay is in for a serious beating next week.
i think some people get pity votes for being beaten up by the judges
Old 03-03-05, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Patman
i think diana's singing had more to do with her making it that far.... its not like she had the entire state of hawaii calling in for her

janay on the other hand.. just plain sucks compared to the competition at this stage.. she definitly looks like a deer in headlights, and hopefully that truck doesnt slow down next week!
Old 03-03-05, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Mok
Janay will be this years Jasmine, she will stick around like a thorn in our side.
The difference here is that Jasmine was nice to look at, had a sweet disposition and as twikoff said, had a very organized fan base in a state that had the phone lines to themselves due to the time zone.

Janay has none of that going for her. I'm mystified!! What is the attraction?? I seriously cannot find one good thing to say about this chick.
Old 03-03-05, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 135 Likes on 80 Posts
I think Travis is going to stick around for awhile, unfortunately. The D.C. Fox channel is campaigning for him pretty hard.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.