Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Alias -- "A Man Of His Word" -- 03.02.2005

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-05, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
Interesting that everybody is bashing the show now more than ever but its ratings are higher than ever.
Old 03-04-05, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I loved how Sydney raced to the window when Anna jumped out with the house, but instead of chasing after her or shooring at her, she just let her go.

I love my new signature line.
Old 03-04-05, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
Interesting that everybody is bashing the show now more than ever but its ratings are higher than ever.
I think that has a lot more to do with the lead-in program, rather than the quality of the scripts. NBC used to be able to air absolute shit sandwiched between Friends and Seinfeld (and, occasionally, reruns of shit) and still land in the top-10.
Old 03-04-05, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Anyone think Sark was going to cop a feel during the Lauren wake?
Old 03-04-05, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by movieking
Was there ever any doubt that Sark would escape? Really? If you wanted to shock me, they would have contained him successfully. I would have been floored.
You can only contain Sark when a season finale is coming up

I have to say I really enjoyed this episode. I've been watching from the beginning, and it really felt like Classic Alias to me. Although them wheeling Sark in ala Hannibal was a bit over the top. Irina and Sloane were allowed to waltz into the CIA before, but Sark's so badass he's to be brought in like that? I love Sark, trust me, but he's not that lethal; not more than Irina or Sloane.

I loved that Sark captured Anna and kept his word as well. I wonder if he really is going to be good, or if it was just another ploy to fool the CIA?

Anyone think Sark was going to cop a feel during the Lauren wake?
I know when I first read spoilers for this eppy, and about the Lauren corpse seeing, I was like, "I swear to god, if they even touch upon necrophilia, I am done with this show for good." It just would've been too icky. Speaking of her corpse, I'm so insanely glad she's dead. Thank you TPTB for showing her like that. Now let's not find some secret Rambaldi crap that reanimates the dead or some shit like that.
Old 03-04-05, 05:40 PM

Am I the only one who was freaking out with joy at the Sydney-Sark kiss? Man, I would love to have Jennifer Garner's job. Michael Vartan & now Sark.
Old 03-04-05, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Emma311
Am I the only one who was freaking out with joy at the Sydney-Sark kiss?
What's this now? OK, that's it... someone has to point me to an online synopsis.

I never miss shows, so I'm a bit ignorant about this... aren't there web sites out there that'll tell me what happened?
Old 03-04-05, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Eventually, the ABC Alias page will have a synopsis:

http://abc.go.com/primetime/alias/mi.../episode1.html
Old 03-04-05, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Emma311
Am I the only one who was freaking out with joy at the Sydney-Sark kiss? Man, I would love to have Jennifer Garner's job. Michael Vartan & now Sark.
I didn't want to sound too much like a fan-girl, but hell no! Not really liking Vartan, but Anders? Yes please. I heard they had to do that kiss like 10 times or something, because the lime was being difficult. Or Jennifer just wanted to, I don't blame her at all

Last edited by Sir_Fireboard; 03-04-05 at 06:26 PM.
Old 03-05-05, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Sir_Fireboard
Although them wheeling Sark in ala Hannibal was a bit over the top. Irina and Sloane were allowed to waltz into the CIA before, but Sark's so badass he's to be brought in like that? I love Sark, trust me, but he's not that lethal; not more than Irina or Sloane.
I thought it was justified since they are now a 'black ops' section of the CIA but Sark doesn't know it (yet).
Old 03-05-05, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mysteryfan
I thought it was justified since they are now a 'black ops' section of the CIA but Sark doesn't know it (yet).
But when he was talking to Sloane he mentioned the fact that now Sloane was in charge of a real version of SD-6. Plus what does being 'black ops' have to do with walking? The only thing I can think of it trying to show the new viewers how much of a threat he was or something.