Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Enterprise 02/25/05

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-05, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
Yeah, I loved that. Star Trek doesn't acknowledge very much that space has no direction.
That's what I was thinking...but it's not a star trek thing...just about any space movie has all ships on screen on the same plane...or axis or whatever(I'm sure a trekkie will chime in with the correct terminology).
Old 02-26-05, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally Posted by maxpower
That's what I was thinking...but it's not a star trek thing...just about any space movie has all ships on screen on the same plane...or axis or whatever(I'm sure a trekkie will chime in with the correct terminology).

That was so great in Wrath of Khan - Kirk and Spock beat Khan with 3 dimensional thinking.
Old 02-26-05, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I really enjoyed the Klingon headridge arc despite my initial misgivings about doing such a story. However, 2 things that I noticed:

1) Trip had an Enterprise patch on his uniform and spacesuit instead of the Columbia insignia.
2) How was the virus beamed onto the Klingon ship through their shields?
Old 02-26-05, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cartload

I'm pretty sure they had Trip recalibrate the phase inverters on the Starfleet standard issue Plot Device.

das
Old 02-26-05, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by maxpower
That's true- I can only think of a couple that didn't, notably Babylon 5, and Space: Above and Beyond (although I might be mistaken about that one; I haven't seen it in years).
Old 02-26-05, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I think trek has shown ships meeting each other and orienting themselves to be "level"
and DS9 had ships fly in all directions in the combat scenes during the dominion war

my main nit with this episode is: how does restarting the engines have any effect on the program running in the computer
Old 02-27-05, 01:04 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Not a bad episode, but overall its still a weak series. Scott Bakula doesn't play the tough guy really well.....hopefully Al will show up and he'll leap to a better show.
Old 02-27-05, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Cartload
I really enjoyed the Klingon headridge arc despite my initial misgivings about doing such a story. However, 2 things that I noticed:

1) Trip had an Enterprise patch on his uniform and spacesuit instead of the Columbia insignia.
1) The uniform is easy to explain since he came to Enterprise in the EV suit and had to just get an Enterprise uniform since he didn't bring his Columbia uniform. The EV suits could be specially sized and made for each person (since it does have their names on it) and he might not have had time to get the patch changed.

2) The only thing I can think is that they knew the Klingon shield frequency. They could be stupid enough to all use the same one and the transporters are automatically set to beam through them.
Old 02-27-05, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk God

Do the Klingons have shield technology yet? Enterprise doesn't, so it isn't a stretch to believe that the Klingons don't.
Old 02-27-05, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
klingons have shields. reed mentioned them
Old 02-27-05, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by mikehunt

my main nit with this episode is: how does restarting the engines have any effect on the program running in the computer
Norton Anti-Virus 2k154
Old 02-27-05, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Jake Byrd from Chino, Calif., right, wearing a Michael Jackson (news) t-shirt, jokes with a fan dressed as the film Star Wars' character Darth Vader, as they join about a hundred Star Trek fans upset by the cancellation of the shows latest series, Star Trek: Enterprise, at a rally Friday, Feb. 25, 2005, outside the Paramount Studios in Los Angeles. Paramount announced the cancellation jointly with UPN, which has seen ratings fall since its first episode in 2001. The show averaged 2.9 million viewers this season, compared with 5.9 million an episode in 2001. UPN plans to air the last program on May 13. (AP Photo/Damian Dovarganes)
Oh, how far we've come ...

das
Old 02-28-05, 01:07 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Cool Vader suit
Old 02-28-05, 06:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow, a hundred people showed up to protest? The suits must really be shaking in their boots over that show of support.

Wow, that opening sequence looked pretty sweet in HD.

Too bad we might not find out who returns the Klingons to their rightful appearance a century or so later. I agree with a previous post, the initial human/Klingon meetings aren't going according to Trek lore. Hardly unexpected though.
Old 02-28-05, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Chew
Too bad we might not find out who returns the Klingons to their rightful appearance a century or so later. I agree with a previous post, the initial human/Klingon meetings aren't going according to Trek lore. Hardly unexpected though.

Maybe they just develop a natural immunity to it.
Old 02-28-05, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

[QUOTE=Chew]Wow, a hundred people showed up to protest? The suits must really be shaking in their boots over that show of support.
[QUOTE]

It was actually 700-800 according to the LAPD.
Old 03-01-05, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MvRojo
It was actually 700-800 according to the LAPD.
When newspapers have to "count" 100,000 people showing up for a rally, I can understand when one news report is different from another. If they can't tell the difference between 100 and 800? Well, that's just sad.
Old 03-01-05, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts
Obviously sometime between TOS and TNG, Klingon science figured out how to "bring out the Klingon" in the smooth heads. This would explain the Kor, Koloth & Kang mystery.
Old 03-01-05, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Damfino
Obviously sometime between TOS and TNG, Klingon science figured out how to "bring out the Klingon" in the smooth heads. This would explain the Kor, Koloth & Kang mystery.
It's an even much smaller window than that: it's between the end of Kirk's (first?) five year mission and V'Ger.
Old 03-01-05, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, a hundred people showed up to protest? The suits must really be shaking in their boots over that show of support.
And at least one of them was confused/lost. Darth Vader?