Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Celebrity Poker Showdown (2/22) was only an hour tonight

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-05, 08:40 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Celebrity Poker Showdown (2/22) was only an hour tonight

I haven't watched it yet, but they either edited the heck out of it, or it was a really fast game.

Tonight's participants: Heather Graham (The Spy Who Shagged Me), Jesse Metcalfe (Desperate Housewives; Passions) Andrea Parker (The Pretender; Less Than Perfect), Malcolm-Jamal Warner (The Cosby Show; Listen Up) Fred Willard (D.C. Follies; Everybody Loves Raymond).
Old 02-22-05, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I suspect it was a combination of booth. Normally, even at the 200/400 blind level, all five players are still in. Here, they were already at the final table at the 200/400 level.

It's going to be interesting next week betwen Malcom-Jamal "Speedy" Warner and "Damn Lucky" Brad Garrett.
Old 02-23-05, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They must have really sucked at poker then.
Old 02-23-05, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It took me 20 minutes to watch this episode (recorded by my ReplayTV).

Suffice it to say, plenty of bad poker on display.

I thought Fred Williard was a total ass towards Heather Graham, but she was classy enough to not take the bait.
Old 02-23-05, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
thats hilarious because I thought my tivo screwed up. I watched about half way and noticed it only said 1 hour so I quickly just deleted it and set it to record the next showing of it.

Must have been horrible.
Old 02-23-05, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 252 Likes on 187 Posts
So who are the five participants in the final table next week? I've missed a show here and there.
Old 02-23-05, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
watching it now. it seems they could have gone two hours. based on the first couple chip counts they did it was obvious a lot of hands did not get shown. (like heather graham being down to $7000 even though she had only been shown folding a few hands and had not done any big calls and blinds were $100/200)
Old 02-23-05, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by Mark Holtz
It's going to be interesting next week betwen Malcom-Jamal "Speedy" Warner and "Damn Lucky" Brad Garrett.
And don't forget Colin "I go all-in if I have a 6" Quinn
Old 02-23-05, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
It took me 20 minutes to watch this episode (recorded by my ReplayTV).
same here with my VHS

This show NEEDS to be recorded, and not watched live, so you can FF the intros, poker rules, and the celeb promos
Old 02-23-05, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by GuessWho
same here with my VHS

This show NEEDS to be recorded, and not watched live, so you can FF the intros, poker rules, and the celeb promos
this week was the second time I've watched a recorded episode (once on vhs once on the computer) and I totally agree and will never watch it live again. you'd think by now they could cut the rules stuff way down and get a few more hands shown
I'm tired of having thousands of dollars change in the chip count off screen
Old 02-24-05, 02:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't watched any of this Celeb Poker Jazz.

What is the big facination with it?
Why is it soooooo dang popular?
Old 02-24-05, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On a related not the World Poker Tour celebrity pro-am is going on yesterday and today. The Opie and Anthony show is broadcasting live from the event and yesterday's show was excellent. They are there because Anthony is playing. He left to go play about half way thru the show and Joe Rogan filled in. The funny part is nobody else on the show cares about poker so they are mostly just having fun with celebrity guests. Ed Asner was among the first to be eliminated and when Opie ragged on him about it Asner got pissy and it went down hill from there. Asner ended up saying he would never be back on the show and then told Opie to "Fuck off" as he left.

The only pro player they had on was Daniel Negreanu who got knocked out real early. They didn't know who he was and mostly talked about non-poker stuff. Daniel seemed a little put off, but generally cool with the interview. Here's what he later wrote in his blog:

On the way out I did the most disturbing interview I’ve ever done. Some satellite radio station asked me to do the show so I obliged. I sat in the chair and the radio hosts had no clue who I was and knew nothing about poker. They asked me a few questions and then went off on a vulgar exchange that was absolutely appalling. I’m a poker player and they wanted to do was curse about nasty sex and random garbage. I found the hosts to be extremely rude and vulgar, a welfare version of Howard Stern.
I think what really got to him was when he mentioned he had just broken up with his fiance 3 days prior. Rogan then asked him if it bothered him to think about all the guys that would be banging her now. He then proceeded to go of on an extended, very graphic monologue about her getting "gorilla [f'd] on a couch". It was horrifying and funny as hell. The rest of the interview was your normal poker/celeb talk, but based on the way Daniel remembers it I think Rogan left an impression.