DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Enterprise 02/18/05 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/410349-enterprise-02-18-05-a.html)

dstrauss 02-19-05 08:48 PM

That was also Draal from B5 playing the Klingon doctor.

Cartload 02-19-05 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by dstrauss
That was also Draal from B5 playing the Klingon doctor.

He also played the Klingon Ambassador in Star Trek IV and Star Trek VI in addition to playing two other characters in episodes of DS9 and Voyager.

mikehunt 02-19-05 11:05 PM

my only issue. going to warp 3 feet past the space dock
although going to warp in an atmosphere in ST4 was worse

mikehunt 02-19-05 11:06 PM

I thought that was the ambassador, but wasn't sure

Fok 02-20-05 02:34 AM

I'm looking forward to this show ending, seems like the best episodes are at the end...3 years too late

Chew 02-22-05 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by mikehunt
actually this explanation causes more problems than it's worth
Kang, Kor, and Koloth all came back in DS9 with ridges

I'm not sure I agree. Perhaps this virus is a part of the race for 100+ years and the cure is found just after Kirk finishes his first five year mission? Once administered, all Klingons begin to grow their ridges and look like the Klingons should.

I actually think the way this is going not only fits with the Klingons of Kirk's era, it explains Worf's response in the DS9 Tribble episode. The only problem I have is how somebody like Dr. Bashir wouldn't even know about the century-long disease that the Klingons endured? So it's good, just not perfect.

mikehunt 02-22-05 03:43 PM

or dax who was the god father of Kang's kid
granted the ST Encyclopedia says Dax met kang in 2289 which was after they were shown with ridges again in the movies, but supposedly dax knew all sorts of little klingon details

riley_dude 02-22-05 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Cartload
He also played the Klingon Ambassador in Star Trek IV and Star Trek VI in addition to playing two other characters in episodes of DS9 and Voyager.

John Schuck? He was on Holmes and Yo Yo back in the 70s too. Look it up. He played a cop that was a computer.

I tend to think all these little story elements and the Drama like Tripp leaving Enterprise might have been good a few years ago but now it seems forced and kinda false.

From Conan....

"Paramount announced it is cancelling STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE, and fans are planning to protest outside the studio. Yeah, it's on Saturday night because no one has plans." Conan then proceeded to don the Vulcan hand gesture.

Jason 02-22-05 07:48 PM

I don't think Tripp leaving the Enterprise would have worked before this point because he is obviously leaving because all he's been through with T'Pol. That kind of thing takes a while to develop.

I do agree that they wasted a lot of time in the first three seasons, though. The Xindi thing cool, but was too drawn out given it had nothing to do with the founding of the federation.

Ted The Bug 02-22-05 09:12 PM

So nobody noticed that Seth McFarlane (creator of Family Guy and American Dad) played one of the engineers on the Columbia? He even had a few lines this time! (He had 1 short line as an engineer on the Enterprise last season)

mikehunt 02-23-05 12:21 AM

I saw his name in the ending credits but have no idea what he looks like

Chew 02-23-05 06:08 AM

A buddy of mine thought that was Seth. I went back to the opening credits and didn't see his name.

Let me get this straight: in last year's episode he had no lines and was in the opening credits. This year, he has a couple and isn't? :confused:

MvRojo 02-23-05 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Chew
A buddy of mine thought that was Seth. I went back to the opening credits and didn't see his name.

Let me get this straight: in last year's episode he had no lines and was in the opening credits. This year, he has a couple and isn't? :confused:

Well he had lines last season too. I'm not sure why he got pushed to the end credits this time.