did anybody watch Malcom on Feb. 13th?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 02-15-05, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I missed the opening scene.

What were the boys REALLY up to when the climbed onto the billboard, before they got caught by Lois?
Old 02-15-05, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It was actually a pretty good episode.

The boys were watching TV, and Lois turned it off, and told them to go use their imagination. They had seen the billboard previously and all drooled over it (including Hal and Jamie), and went up there to spray paint it. Malcolm and Dewey had not decided what to do before realizing Reese had spray painted "I want Re", which would have turned into "I want Reese". However, someone dropped a spray paint can, and Lois just happened to be coming out from the store underneath. When she demanded they come down immediately, Malcolm turned it into "I Want Respect" and pretended to be a women's libber to delay the punishment.
Old 02-15-05, 10:27 AM

At the beginning of the ep, the whole family was coming back from a Costco type warehouse store, They drove by the billboard, and all the men (including the baby) were mesmerised by the image of the woman on the billboard. Cut to the family at home, and the men were still thinking about the striking image of the billboard. The boys snuck out and climbed the billboard in order to deface it. I *think* Malcolm wanted was wanting to paint out her bathing suit, but I'm not sure. Dewey wanted to give her vampire teeth and a goatee or something. Reese impulsively started to paint a word balloon saying "I want Reese," but Malcolm stopped him before he could finish, pointing out that it would be like signing their names. When the mom saw them, Malcolm finished what Reese had started and wrote "I want Respect."
Old 02-15-05, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

thanks.

I loved the part when dewey looked directly into Lois' eyes.
Old 02-15-05, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This is still a "must watch" show for me, and Sunday's episode was great!
Old 02-15-05, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
funny episode. I loved the song comparing dewey, malcolm and reese to MLK, gandhi, etc.

the side plot with the "woman from Hal's past" was out of left field. makes you think it's an ex, but then you find out Hal owed her $400 and faked his own death to get out of it. pretty funny.
Old 02-15-05, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought the same thing. There was no resolution.
Old 02-15-05, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Yep. Still one of the most consistenly funny shows on tv. Last week's episode was great because Malcom would always figure out the schemes that Lois was using to get them down from the billboard.
Old 02-15-05, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
funny episode. I loved the song comparing dewey, malcolm and reese to MLK, gandhi, etc.

the side plot with the "woman from Hal's past" was out of left field. makes you think it's an ex, but then you find out Hal owed her $400 and faked his own death to get out of it. pretty funny.
"...going so far as to blow up a telephone booth..."
Old 02-15-05, 03:58 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

The Hal story was the best part of the episode.

I was when the story of him borrowing the money and faking his own death so he didn't have to pay her back.