TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Alias 02/09/05

Old 02-09-05, 05:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Alias 02/09/05

Episode Title: "Nocturne"

Spoiler:
Sydney becomes infected with a mind-altering and potentially deadly hallucinogen, causing her to slowly lose touch with reality. Vaughn and Jack must scramble to find an antidote before Sydney's hallucinations, paranoia and resultant violent behavior threaten her life and the lives of those around her.
Old 02-09-05, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Huh?

I had a hard time paying attention to what was going on in this episode. Don't know if I really it.
Old 02-09-05, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is JJ Abrams colluding with Jennifer Garner to get the show canceled, hence out of her contract?

BTW...Welcome me to Alias threads!!!!...I just caught up with Seasons 1-3 on DVD and ep 1-4 on DVR...so my first ever 'LIVE' Alias episode was...

...this piece of crap!
Old 02-09-05, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I suppose had Alias aired in a normal fashion (season beginning in the Fall) this might have been the Halloween episode. Maybe that was the original intent?? (still no excuse... but maybe an explanation.)
Old 02-09-05, 10:05 PM

Ehhh, not such a great episode. Again this didn't really further the characters aside from Sydney's feelings toward Jack and Vaughn through her halucinations.

On the other hand, the exchange between Dixon and Sloane in the end was excellent. One of the most satisfying scenes of the show so far. Otherwise a boring and pretty pointless episode. Hopefully they get to something good soon. Alot of people complain about the endless Rombaldi stuff, but I personally would welcome it back. Theres more story to tell there.
Old 02-09-05, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Maybe at the end of the Dixon/Sloane exchange, Dixon could have said

"...and killing my wife sucked too!"
Old 02-09-05, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
It wasn't easy to watch alias after a great Lost episode.
Still, I liked this week's episode. It certainly was better than that "married couple/terrorist" training camp episode. Smart of Jack to take the bullets out.
Old 02-09-05, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I didnt like this episode either. And next weeks preview was pretty crappy.

In general, I dont mind the stand alone episodes, but I would still like it to advance the overall plot in some way, even if its small.
Old 02-09-05, 10:49 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 254 Likes on 192 Posts
Other than the Dixon going off on Sloane at the end this was a poor episode. Some of the scenes where she was hallucinating were unintentionally hilarious

Last edited by MrX; 02-09-05 at 10:56 PM.
Old 02-09-05, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i could barely finish this episode....way too boring this week
Old 02-09-05, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I passed out 2/3 into this episode. Had to watch my ReplayTV recording of it to find out how it ended up, and wasn't all that impressed, except for the Dixon/Sloane showdown.
Old 02-09-05, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Ranger
It wasn't easy to watch alias after a great Lost episode.
Still, I liked this week's episode. It certainly was better than that "married couple/terrorist" training camp episode. Smart of Jack to take the bullets out.
I agree.

I have 3 words.....JUMP THE SHARK!
Old 02-09-05, 11:13 PM

People complained about Season 3 a lot so I expected it to be bad, but I bought the DVD set and didn't think it was bad at all. Not great, but pretty good.

So I finally caught up in Season 4 to watching the HD broadcasts via DVR and expected it to get even better. But this season just seems to meander all over the place without much direction. It's still okay, but nothing special anymore. I think they need some significant overhauls to the characters and storylines. For one thing, I'd much rather see a stronger week-to-week advancing plotline than this "adventure of the week" approach.
Old 02-09-05, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I liked Dixon's little talk w/ Sloane at the end. Good stuff.

I was so excited to see Julie Ann Emery during the intro, and then...boom.

Weiss was funny in the girls' apartment when Nadia wanted to ask him to stay, but didn't - and he called her on it.
Old 02-09-05, 11:29 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 254 Likes on 192 Posts
Originally Posted by B.A.
I was so excited to see Julie Ann Emery during the intro, and then...boom.
:
I spent the first commercial break trying to remember where she was from before I remembered Line of Fire.
Old 02-10-05, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I thought this actually was one of the better ones of the season but i am tired of just having stand alone episodes i want the story arcs. i am bummed that he basically just reset the series. so far this season isnt as good as the others. but i am one who thought season 3 was better then ever one is trying to say it "bad"
Old 02-10-05, 06:52 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

This season sucks. How sad.
Old 02-10-05, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
The Dixon / Sloane exchange was so worth it but the rest of the episode was rather blah.
Old 02-10-05, 08:41 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
Originally Posted by maingon
I thought this actually was one of the better ones of the season but i am tired of just having stand alone episodes i want the story arcs.
That's my biggest gripe thus far as well. This show seems too procedural this season. I understand that that formula will most likely yield higher ratings, but the quality suffers.
Old 02-10-05, 08:53 AM

As most people have said, no a great ep. Kind of boring.

The guy who bit Sydney was pretty freaky. Didn't think anyone else was in that crawl space.
Old 02-10-05, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by lisadoris
The Dixon / Sloane exchange was so worth it but the rest of the episode was rather blah.
Eh, the whole thing was bland to me. The Dixon/Sloane stuff doesn't make much sense. If Dixon is suspicious of Sloane, why tell him? Why not keep an eye on him in private, while outwardly being the loyal solider? The whole season so far smacks of lazy writing (including, as mentioned, that everyone seems to have forgiven/forgotten that Sloane has killed loved ones).

Boring/pointless episode overall. And this season seems to be about random missions with no overall purpose or story arc. I still watch, and occasionally get a kick out of something. But this show 'jumped the shark' in the first few minutes of Season 3... and I doubt it'll recover. Makes me sad because those first two seasons were pretty incredible.
Old 02-10-05, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally Posted by bboisvert
Eh, the whole thing was bland to me. The Dixon/Sloane stuff doesn't make much sense. If Dixon is suspicious of Sloane, why tell him? Why not keep an eye on him in private, while outwardly being the loyal solider?
I guess I read the exchange as a giant kiss my ass to Sloane which is why I liked it. To me the look on Dixon's face said: I haven't forgotten that you killed my wife and the minute you step out of line I'm putting a bullet in your head.
Old 02-10-05, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Geofferson
That's my biggest gripe thus far as well. This show seems too procedural this season. I understand that that formula will most likely yield higher ratings, but the quality suffers.

Totally agree - my girlfriend and I were discussing it afterwards and we both concluded that it's becoming way too CSI-ish without the sunglasses at the end.
Old 02-10-05, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I can't remember the last time an episode of Alias totally put me to sleep.
Old 02-10-05, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Only bit I liked was Eric in Sidney and Nadia's apartment. Funny stuff.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.