Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Alias 02/09/05

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-05, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
Is JJ Abrams colluding with Jennifer Garner to get the show canceled, hence out of her contract?

BTW...Welcome me to Alias threads!!!!...I just caught up with Seasons 1-3 on DVD and ep 1-4 on DVR...so my first ever 'LIVE' Alias episode was...

...this piece of crap!
You may be right. He has tried to water it down for mass audiences, it has a great timeslot after Lost yet it's been a crappy season so far.
Congrats on your first live episode ever!
Old 02-10-05, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So boring.

I posted a kick-ass alternate Alias plotline that I came up with at another messageboard but the bungholes there deleted it for being off-topic (which it wasn't) so now I need to rewrite it. Grrr....

ETA: Oh hell, here it is: http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=409219

Last edited by Gil Jawetz; 02-10-05 at 03:34 PM.
Old 02-11-05, 02:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This show stinks. It's not even the same show it used to be especially without a continuous arc and cliff hangers after each episode. I watched this show on DVD until this season. When I watched season 1 it was the first time I'd ever seen a show like this that was fast paced and at the end of the episode you just had to watch the next to see what was going to happen. They've taken away the best thing about the show. Don't get it.
Old 02-11-05, 05:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Finally watched this last night. This episode was terrible.....Lost is getting pretty bad also. Maybe they should tank Lost and concentrate on making Alias good again.
Old 02-11-05, 06:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

No way I agree with "tanking" Lost, that's miles better than what Alias is turning into.

This episode was sleep-inducing, but I woke up for the best part: the Sloan/Dixon exchange.
Old 02-11-05, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
This ep. had a 'medeocre stand-alone X-files episode' feel
Old 02-11-05, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Chew
No way I agree with "tanking" Lost, that's miles better than what Alias is turning into.

This episode was sleep-inducing, but I woke up for the best part: the Sloan/Dixon exchange.
Is everyone here up for a 2nd Season of Lost? I really liked the show when it first started out last year. When I first heard of the show, I thought it was going to be a season long running show which would conclude not continue on and on and on. IMO...Lost is getting worse as the show progresses not better. Maybe things will start getting better as the end of the season nears completion.
Old 02-11-05, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Lost is faboo and while I don't want them to drag it out a la X-Files past the point of it mattering, I think a second season is a good idea. They need the storyline, however. It's disconcerting how little faith people have in an ambiguous show these days. Granted, JJ has betrayed our trust with his handling of Alias, but there are some other excellent writers on Lost and HOPEFULLY they'll pull it off. It'll be tricky, but I'm up for the ride.

If they had cojones, they'd use my plot idea for Alias and breathe new kick-ass life into that show. Of course, then it would already be spoiled for me which would be so sad!
Old 02-11-05, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
I still thought this was one of the better episodes of the season, I liked the mental tricks and the fight at the end, but I can understand some people getting bored with it. I never thought I'd say this - Season 3 is looking much better than this season - especially after watching the DVDs. I probably will check out some spoiler sites to see if the pace picks up soon.
Old 02-14-05, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Personally, I would have liked to see Jack be the one getting bit, and see him losing his mind. For someone that is always in control, and is so cold to start with, it would have been interesting to see exactly what he would have done.

Liked the whole Sloane/Dixon exchange as well.

I am really disappointed with this season thus far as well. Bring back Rambaldi!
Old 02-14-05, 10:24 AM

My problem with the current Alias season is that I don't get what the overall objective is. The first season and a half was the take down of SD6, and then the take down of Sloane. Season three I enjoyed, I really like Sark's character and enjoyed seeing him as the head bad guy (along with Lauren) of the Covenant.

But this season, who is the bad guy? I know they wanted to go back to the SD6 type operations where Sloane sets it out, but what are they trying to save this year? I have a feeling later in the season things will switch back to Sloane and Rambaldi to uncover his ultimate plans. But come on, throw me a bone for why I should keep watching this season besides the fact that I have watched the last 3 seasons and I want to see what happens to the character. I have hope because there are still some questions like what happened at the end of last season when Sloane and Nadia took off to find the Rambaldi piece.
Old 02-14-05, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
While I have found this season's episodes better than those of season 3, they still are not where they should be.

It still seems to be searching for a new arc. It seems like they are out of Rimbaldi ideas and they have no driving force.

Does anyone else find Sydney's complete inability to mask emotion laughable? She's supposedly the best of the best of the CIA. Yet her over-the-top reactions are ridiculous. The first episode when she was told to work with her dad (whom she was in the hate part of the cycle with -- again) was so silly. I don't know if the producers are doing so we "dumb" audience members -know- that deep-down she's not liking what she's hearing or what. In terms of realistic reactions I would expect a seasoned CIA veteran to not display weakness of emotional reaction to such innocuous news.
Old 02-14-05, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Nefarious
It still seems to be searching for a new arc.
So true. Did you read my proposed arc?
Old 02-14-05, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Entertainment Weekly even reviewed the show in the latest issue and they gave it a B- but said it has been a lackluster season and needs an arc soon.
I finally watched the latest episode over the weekend and thought it stunk.