Battlestar Galactica 2/4

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Battlestar Galactica 2/4

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-05, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Battlestar Galactica 2/4

Boomer: don't shoot, it's waggling
whoops, had a flash back to the original BSG
Spoiler:
I totally think they jumped the shark with the living fighter thing
Old 02-04-05, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spoiler:
Didn't expect to see next week's premise so soon... figured it'd be a while before the general population knew about Cylons as humans. The Helo plot line is fun -- such tiny glimpses along the way. Why on earth send hot dog out with Apollo? They're only sending 2 pilots out and they pick him??
Old 02-04-05, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Good episode.
Old 02-05-05, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Marathon-featuring the first five episodes this coming Tuesday evening (Feb 8) from 7:00 pm ET to 12:00 am ET. (Great news for me since I missed the third episode and haven't watch the fourth/fifth episodes because of it.)

LB...
Old 02-05-05, 02:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is probably my least favorite episode of the entire season, which doesn't mean it's that bad. I do like some of the episodes that are coming up a lot more though.
Old 02-05-05, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
Spoiler:
Ok, so she patches the hole in the Cylon fighter with her jacket and all of a sudden it's safe to fly into outer space? I can stand a fair amount of BS in my sci-fi but this episode just stank up the place. Everything surrounding Starbuck's return was just plain bad which is a shame as the emotional rollercoaster onboard Galactica was actually very well done.
Old 02-05-05, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mugwump
Ok, so she patches the hole in the Cylon fighter with her jacket and all of a sudden it's safe to fly into outer space?
Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of that, either.

By the way, you don't need spoilers when you're discussing the episode that the thread was created to discuss, as long as it's aired...

I thought the living fighter was interesting. Not so much that it didn't have a pilot, but that it had guts inside, instead of being purely mechanical. Seems sort of pointless to have enough extra space for a person to fit inside, though.
Old 02-05-05, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well she did have to rip out the brain to make room for herself. I figured that she must have landed at some point after her initial takeoff (probably during commercials) to put her name on the bottom of the Cylon ship... and at the same time she must have found a better way to seal the hole. I guess she held her breath while she taped her name on the wings... and the Cylon ship seems to have artificial gravity inside from the looks of the INT shots of Starbuck flying around Apollo -- so maybe some of the extra space is so they can equip the ships with other types of Cylon pilots if needed. Or maybe these ships have been adapted from some previous design.

My head hurts.
Old 02-05-05, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Maybe Strarbuck is a cylon sleeper agent.
Old 02-05-05, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

She wasn't in the group at the end of the mini-series... and I thought that in that group we were shown every possible type...
Old 02-06-05, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

She wasn't in the group at the end of the mini-series... and I thought that in that group we were shown every possible type...

No, they only showed the ones we had already seen: Boomer, the Blonde, the guy who was left behind, and the guy who tried to kill Adama when they were cut off from the group. We have seen 4 of the 12 possible models.
Old 02-06-05, 11:02 AM

I am fine with the female Starbuck, I actually like her character. However making her a cylon would change the story too much, and I hope this is something that they do not do.
Old 02-07-05, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by QuAcKeR
Well she did have to rip out the brain to make room for herself. I figured that she must have landed at some point after her initial takeoff (probably during commercials) to put her name on the bottom of the Cylon ship... and at the same time she must have found a better way to seal the hole. I guess she held her breath while she taped her name on the wings... and the Cylon ship seems to have artificial gravity inside from the looks of the INT shots of Starbuck flying around Apollo -- so maybe some of the extra space is so they can equip the ships with other types of Cylon pilots if needed. Or maybe these ships have been adapted from some previous design.

My head hurts.
Agreed. The story within the Galactica and Helo was great, but give me a break with Starbuck. Fill a hole with your jacket, suck on a "Slim Jim" for oxygen them run outside and paint your name on the Cylon fighter, (Paint it on with what?) The Cylon ship reminded me of SAAB, when they had to fly the alien bomber to the home world. I guess the waggling wings part is season 1 hommage to the orig series.
Old 02-07-05, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Helo has been without a woman for awhile, looks like he is ready to jump Boomers Bones.

Cylons did a bang up job disposing of the dead human bodies in the city.
Old 02-07-05, 01:20 PM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

OK,let's have a little SF 101:

She ripped out the brain because she'd seen enough movies to know that it could re-activate itself. The real questions is why didn't the Cylons engineer secondary brains that activated when/if the main brain was disabled.

The so-called "jacket" was part of her flight suit and engineered for outer space stresses.
Old 02-07-05, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MrE
OK,let's have a little SF 101:

She ripped out the brain because she'd seen enough movies to know that it could re-activate itself. The real questions is why didn't the Cylons engineer secondary brains that activated when/if the main brain was disabled.

The so-called "jacket" was part of her flight suit and engineered for outer space stresses.

For outer space stresses, sure ok, but not leaving an atmosphere to space, with nothing to hold it in place.
Old 02-07-05, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought it was an interesting episode. Great scene between Father and Son where Apollo asks if his Adama would put out all the stops if he were lost.

I really doubt she's a sleeper agent.
Old 02-07-05, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by QuAcKeR
There are 12 models and we have only seen 3. The hot chick, the asian lady, and the male. Still 9 to go.

You still might be right. I don't recall seeing a group of them out and about. I don't really think she is cylon but at least it would make sense.
Old 02-07-05, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
I thought this was another good episode...haven't seen a bad one yet.

Is it only me, or are the rest of you guys developing a serious crush for Katee Sackoff?! The way she plays Starbuck is so sexy. I'd take her any day over Cylon-girl (either one!).
Old 02-07-05, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
No way, Number Six.
Old 02-07-05, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
There are 12 models and we have only seen 3. The hot chick, the asian lady, and the male. Still 9 to go.

You still might be right. I don't recall seeing a group of them out and about. I don't really think she is cylon but at least it would make sense.

There are Cylon models, not 12 human Cylon models.
There are 3 human models, the ship model (4), the big metalic model (5), does the old red eye model count? I read in another BSG thread we have seen all but 1 or 2 models.
Old 02-07-05, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
Actually, we've seen 2 different male versions already. From the miniseries, there's the "tour guide" version, and the "found at the weapons base" version. Two different guys. And by the time you get to Ep 13, there's the strong possibility of a third.

Last edited by adamblast; 02-07-05 at 03:46 PM.
Old 02-07-05, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Originally Posted by Cusm
There are Cylon models, not 12 human Cylon models.
There are 3 human models, the ship model (4), the big metalic model (5), does the old red eye model count? I read in another BSG thread we have seen all but 1 or 2 models.
there's at least 4 human models, all seen in the miniseries at the end
Old 02-07-05, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
I thought this was another good episode...haven't seen a bad one yet.

Is it only me, or are the rest of you guys developing a serious crush for Katee Sackoff?! The way she plays Starbuck is so sexy. I'd take her any day over Cylon-girl (either one!).

I thought she was pretty friggin hot a couple of weeks ago with the sunglasses on.
Old 02-07-05, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by MrE
true, plus the ship probably didn't get pressurized all that much as it was most likely pure O2 in that tube and she wouldn't need a full 1 atmosphere of pressure with pure O2

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.