Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Bummed out over X-Files (spoilers inside)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-05, 10:59 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I bought the entire series back in October and last night we watched seasoned 9 "Jump the Shark" episode. ( only 2 more episodes left, we went on to watch "William") Anyway, why did the Lone Gunman have to die I was really bummed out after that episode. I liked those three guys I always looked forward to any episode that there were in help Scully and Mulder. I hope that if this new X-file movie fits into the time line before season 9 that the Lone Gunman are in it.

Thats why we like you Mulder your theories are even weirder than ours!
Old 01-24-05, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well they had to tie everything up. Plus The Lone Gunmen was rather abruptly cancelled at the end of 13 episodes. This was John Shiban, Vince Gilligan & Frank Spotnitz's only opportunity to wrap up what happened to the guys and the series. If anything "Jump the Shark" is The Lone Gunmen series finale more than an X-Files episode.

Last edited by rfduncan; 01-24-05 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-24-05, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,737 Likes on 1,888 Posts
Seriously, the show ended with the seventh season.

Nothing happened after that. It's all fucking lies.
Old 01-24-05, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
<---- waiting for Mulder to wake up at The Stratford Inn.
Old 01-24-05, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
Well, Chris Carter and Fox decided that they had to destroy everything that was great about the show before it went off the air. For some reason, they just couldn't let the show end on a high note. Notice all the things they did to truly make sure the show was run into the ground:

- Have Scully give up her baby, after years of pining for a child.
- Kill the Lone Gunman in what has to be the most absurd way. How convenient that the basement of a hotel has air tight pressure doors!
- Mulder gets fired from the FBI. Having him in the FBI was one of the best things in the show. Now he is just some freak wandering around muttering about conspiracies.
- Have Cancer Man living in a cave. Have him confess that his whole motivation in life was to see Mulder's face when he learned the truth? Lame.
- End the series with a Sienfeld finale where we get to strut out all the series players over years and hear testimony of the whole conspiracy!

These are just a few of the many horrible things that they did to crash that show straight into the earth in a huge nosedive.
Old 01-24-05, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would say that the show lost its glory when they started to film in Los Angeles.

The film will take place before all the shit that is season 9. Thankfully.
Old 01-24-05, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Seriously, the show ended with the seventh season.

Nothing happened after that. It's all fucking lies.

I wouldn't say that necessarily......I still enjoyed the 8th season.
(actually I thought Season 8 was much better than a lot of the crap in Season 7)

Personally I think the last episode of Season 8 would have been a perfect place to end the show....

The only redeeming quality of Season 9 to me was Annabeth Gish...I really liked her.
Old 01-25-05, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You people are way to nice. I stopped watching I beleive after season 5. I CAN"T BELEIVE THEY KILLED THE LONE GUNMAN, WHAT B/S. I loved their show. With all the crap on tv, to cancel them before they even had a chance. As with Lone Gunmans final ep being on x files. Carter did the same with Millinium. Its final ep was a x files show. I would love to see it again, I remember it left me with mixed feelings. I loved millinium.
Old 01-25-05, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

^^ I haven't watched Millenium through to the end, but I doubt the episode with Frank Black served as a finale. I think it was more of a cross-over for the fans of both shows. But I could be wrong.
Old 01-25-05, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
^^ I haven't watched Millenium through to the end, but I doubt the episode with Frank Black served as a finale. I think it was more of a cross-over for the fans of both shows. But I could be wrong.
I am assuming there was only 1 x files ep with Frank Black. If that is the case than it was certainly the finale for mill. The entire premise of mill was the millinium and the x files ep answered what happened. Since mill was cancelled after the horrible season 3 debacle.

The more I think about that show the more I want to watch it again.
Old 01-25-05, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
and you are :P

but as latenight said, Millennium got cancelled in Spring of 1999, before the actual millennium......so that crossover on the X-files was designed to serve as the "series finale" of Millennium......even though the "Millennium" episode aired as early as Nov 28, 1999.
Old 01-25-05, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I stand corrected. I guess not having watched the show, it didn't seem like the XF episode had all that much to do with Frank. It has been a while since I watched it though.
Old 01-25-05, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Who says THE LONE GUNMEN are dead? We never saw the bodies...and this IS The X-Files!
Old 01-25-05, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

which was a shame. millennium was great.
Old 01-25-05, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The best episode of season 9 was Improbable. Burt Reynolds is steals the show.
Old 01-25-05, 09:53 PM

Season 8 was tolerable. I hated 9. There were no epsisodes that I liked at all in it.
Old 01-26-05, 06:34 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I finished watching the last episode last night "The Truth". Carter tied it up but left it open. Do you think the X-files could ever come back, I mean they never did anything with the alien invasion. Its kind of odd, it seems like Mulder and Scully are now fugitives.