Desperate Housewives - 01/23/05

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-05, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Desperate Housewives - 01/23/05

"Your Fault"

Spoiler:
When Lynette's father-in-law (Ryan O'Neal) visits, she unwittingly learns a family secret.

Cast: Teri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman, Marcia Cross, Eva Longoria, James Denton, Nicollette Sheridan, Steven Culp, Andrea Bowen, Mark Moses, Ricardo Antonio Chavira, Cody Kasch, Jesse Metcalfe, Brenda Strong, Doug Savant, Zane Huette, Brent Kinsman, Shane Kinsman, Kathryn Harrold, Harriet Sansom Harris, Roger Bart.
Director(s): Arlene Sanford.
Producer(s): Charles Pratt Jr., Marc Cherry, Tom Spezialy, Michael Edelstein.
Writer(s): Kevin Etten.

Original Airdate: January 23, 2005.
Old 01-23-05, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
If Desparate Housewives can win the ratings tonight, that would really be something.
Old 01-23-05, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If there's a lot of running in the AFC championship game, the game might end quick enough for most people to flip over and watch DH in its entirety.
Old 01-23-05, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
If there's a lot of running in the AFC championship game, the game might end quick enough for most people to flip over and watch DH in its entirety.

Even a running game will take almost 3 hours. Maybe if it is a blowout, people will switch over.
Old 01-23-05, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
Even a running game will take almost 3 hours. Maybe if it is a blowout, people will switch over.

Sure looks that way. Of course a two TD lead is not secure, but safe.
Old 01-23-05, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Interesting that John's father is so forgiving of him nailing Gabby.

FWIW, tonight's ep. seems to be making the statement that all men are hopeless horndogs.
Old 01-23-05, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So what did George dope Rex's prescription with?

John's tears were pretty pitiful acting. I concurred with John's dad's assessment of the situation.

Glad Susan chucked psycho Zach out of her house. Zach's big wide smile at his dad was really scary.

So, does Lynette's hubby have a second family on the road?
Old 01-23-05, 09:40 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
I concurred with John's dad's assessment of the situation

Don't really like the creepy pharmacist storyline, but I'm intersted in seeing where they're going with Lynette and her husband.
Old 01-23-05, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm thinking that the creepy pharmacist has something to do with Deirdre, the woman who went missing and Mike is there trying to find.
Old 01-23-05, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The pharmacist is just plain creepy, I wonder what he substituted and if it is fatal or just something like ex-lax squared?

I wonder what Lynette's husband has done.

Is Gabby gonna be able to continue to keep Carlos in the dark?

Sorry next week's will be a rerun.
Old 01-24-05, 07:30 AM

Very cool episode! I'm surprised they had so many "revelations" this soon in the season. Good call on the pharmacist and Dierdre, I can see that tieing together as well. We'll have to wait and see if that's true. Also, what really happened to Dana then?
Old 01-24-05, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am still not sure Zach's Dad was telling him the truth. Zach says he remembers a lot of blood, and no one knows anything about Dana. You would think if her daughter was alive, Mary Alice would have mentioned something to the other Housewives. The thing that really struck me odd was the way Zach said "I'll keep your secret...Dad". He said it like he was mocking him, like maybe he really isn't Zach's Dad. Could it be that Zach's "dad" killed his real mother and kidnapped him? That could be where all the blood came from and she is the one in the box. Have they said how long Dierdre has been missing? Maybe Zach is her son? Maybe Mike's, too.
Old 01-24-05, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
yeah, rara, i noticed the weird inflection on the word "Dad" as well. interesting theory... maybe mary alice and her husband could not conceive? and they kidnapped zach?

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 01-24-05 at 02:26 PM.
Old 01-24-05, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes I noticed the way he said "Dad" was very different.

I'm starting to tire on this show. Now that Lynnette's husband seems to have had an affair, I believe every houshold has had one. That's just over the top and not something I want to watch. I can't think of a single storyline they have wrapped up.
Old 01-24-05, 02:52 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by sn9ke_eyes
I can't think of a single storyline they have wrapped up.
I agree, they should start answering some of the questions.
Old 01-24-05, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Fok
I agree, they should start answering some of the questions.

I have the feeling the answers would just raise more questions. I think that instead of giving answers throughout, they are planning on tying all of the answers and storylines into each other towards the end of the season, which would be a really cool approach, but requires patience from the audience.
That said, I think that since the next two weeks will be re-runs (doubt they would try anything against the SuperBowl) and the show will return during Nielsens, there will be some questions answered swiftly.
Old 01-24-05, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

This is a soap opera, the storylines could go on for years...
Old 01-25-05, 10:03 AM

Sonofa! I recorded this on my DVR the other night because I was more interested in the football game. Well, I watched it last night and for some reason my DVR cut out 20 minutes (in the middle)!! Arrrgghhh!! It sounds like I missed a lot. Would anyone care to point me to a synopsis somewhere? Thanks.
Old 01-25-05, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Good episode! Glad they put so many more pieces into the puzzle. I said to my sig other "what happened to the mother of the under-aged boy?" the other day, and now we know. We have more of the reason for Mike being there. We have more info on Dana. Etc.

I took the son's "dad" more like..."I'm still your son and you're still the dad." IIRC, he was standing on the steps while the father was on the ground. Some kind of power shift camera/staging angle maybe? But the son set it back to "father/son" order by stating it like he did. I dunno...

Lost and DH both on reruns... ARGH!
Old 01-27-05, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I've been tired of the Van De Kampe's storyline for a while and the eerie pharmacist is kind of blah - I'll be happier if he ties into the whole Mike/Deirdre story.

John's dad was cracking me up. And then John asking Gabrielle to marry him and calling her by her married name in the process.

You know Lynette's husband has a girl or two on the road. It's normal to him. He grew up knowing his dad did it and now the son has become the father.

Good to see Susan throw psycho-boy out of the house.

At least we didn't have to see Rex/Bree's brat of a son at all during this ep...
Old 02-12-05, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Just got caught up on this show. Its funny how they go from funny to dark moments on this show. Drugs and murder mixed with nudity and kids that paint a girl blue.

I can see the future and I say Rex will die, Gabby will ger pregnant by the kid, and the crazy kid and girl with no chin will be having sex soon.