Reload this Page >

Who should be booted off "Alias"?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 01-13-05, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a fan of 24, I was a bit concerned when the producers decided to boot the majority of the original cast, however, I really think it may have been the right decision. The show seems a little fresher and more interesting with new characters, and I still look forward to watching it.

I've heard some say that perhaps Alias should consider something similar to freshen things up. So, that brings me to my original question:

Who should be booted off Alias?

Of course, it's possible to say nobody. However, does anyone believe that
handing out a few pink slips could improve the show?
Since I'm referring to original characters, I am not considering Sid's sister, but if something thinks she is THAT bad, I suppose she is fair game.

I don't want this to become a "My least favorite character is...." thread.
I enjoyed Dennis Haysbert on 24, and Palmer was one of my favorite characters, but can understand why the producers decided to pick a new President. Change can be good.

Personally, I think it could be interesting to get rid of Vaughn. Having Sid form an intimate relationship with someone else could be good for the show.
Season 2 dealt with their attraction and love for each other. Season 3, was of course, different because he was married. Now, with Season 4, I don't know if I care anymore.

On the other hand, Vaughn can be exciting and impulsive and a good foil for
Jack Bristow, so I can certainly be comfortable defending him.

Honestly, if anything happened to Victor Garber, Ron Rifkin, Carl Lumbly, or Kevin Weisman, I might stop watching all together. Though, I wouldn't mind if
Rifkin became evil again.

So, anyone else want to offer someone for the unemployment lines?
Anyone think the show could be better without Garner?
Old 01-13-05, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, Vaughn would be my easy answer.

liked him at first, hate him now. don't really see a need for his character.

i'd love to see Will come back, but with a mindwipe and with that HOT secretary that wanted him...

i'm also still waiting for Syd's "normal" life to re-emerge..

perhaps you should repost this with a poll..?
Old 01-13-05, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So Vaughns the only one on your list to go?

I would get rid of Francie and Will. Oh yeah, they're gone and I wouldn't mind, at least Will coming back.

-0 Characters
+1 Character
Old 01-13-05, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just to note that I didn't see your post, Rogue588, before I posted mine.
Old 01-13-05, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think Dixon and Vaughn could be replaced by different characters.
Old 01-13-05, 01:45 AM
Suspended

I agree with some of the points about Vaughan. He has his moments, but like diesteldorf mentioned

Season 2 dealt with their attraction and love for each other. Season 3, was of course, different because he was married. Now, with Season 4, I don't know if I care anymore.
I 100% agree there, i don't really care anymore. The whole connection with his Dad, Jack and Syd's Mom, that whole thing was just boring IMO as well. i too would like to see a new love interest for Sydney.

IMO I think anybody could go, EXCEPT for Jack Bristow and Sydney. Jack is just waaay too cool of a character. He's sooo cold, yet does almost anything to "protect" Sydney. He fucks people up physically and fucks people up mentally, hes a best. Plus I am intrigued by his past, and all the things he has done that we already know about, and all the things that we don't know about yet. I hope he stays for a long time.

As for Garner, the show would be dead w/o her, I mean come on, its like taking Sonny Crockett away from Miami Vice, it would never work. And if they ever did, consider me an ex-viewer.

Not too get too off the subject. Personally I would LOVE to see more of Sark, that guy just rules. I love him as an actor, I love his character as a bad guy. He is a thinking villian, the dude usues his head and gets what he wants. I really hope they bring him back one way or another.
Old 01-13-05, 05:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by animalmystic
IMO I think anybody could go, EXCEPT for Jack Bristow and Sydney.
yep same thinking on my part as far who can be booted and who can't.. In fact on some level I was almost disappointed (in a small way) at the end of this last ep when it was 100% the same old gang was sitting around in the new office + the sister.. errrrrrrr so THAT is the big new direction, a new office!?

I was thinking when she first walked into the new APO building that it was going to be a new team etc, not just a new setting and all the same people.. at least not all working together....... again.. in the roles they had in pasts season....... again.. Dixon as a field agent....... again.. Sloane in charge... again.. ya see the pattern..

I was thinking 100% new team for a while then maybe the others getting dragged over too, slowly.. Whoops.. I guess I got that time line wrong.

if I had to can one person right now it would Dixon. Just a field officer again? That's a waste of that actors talent.. I'd say kick Vaughn out too but last thing I want is more boohoo "where is Vaughn??" for 5 eps from Sydney...
Old 01-13-05, 06:10 AM
Cool New Member

all you need is syd, jack marshall and sloane.

the rest can be removed.
Old 01-13-05, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Can I vote for Syd's tears? I would love to go a full season without seeing them.
Old 01-13-05, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Easily Mr. Sark, Sloane, and Dixon can all die and the show wouldnt be hurt in any way.
Old 01-13-05, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I think either Dixon or Sloane need to leave APO. Doesn't make as much sense to have both of them in APO.
Old 01-13-05, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sark is the most smooth evil man on earth. He has to stay.

But if I had to pick one it has to be Jack. Syd doesn't count as it is technically her show.
Old 01-13-05, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
The show is based around the Bristow's, everyone else is just window dressing. And then there's Marshall - he is the glue that holds the puzzle together.

I never liked the addition of her sister, so I hope she goes the way of Lauren by the end of the season.
Old 01-13-05, 08:51 AM

Sloane has been a good "bad guy" who sometimes seems like a good guy, but I think maybe they've already done everything they can with him. I wouldn't mind if he left. At the very least that would enable them to drop the open hostility routine that Syd shows towards him every time he tries to talk with her. That's getting a bit tired and predictable. Yes, Syd, we know you hate the man and you never miss an opportunity to let him know it to his face.
Old 01-13-05, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
The sister never should have emerged - hopefully she'll go away (though I doubt it)

As much as I like the actor, I think Sloane needs to go. Just make him evil again, have Syd pop a cap in him and move on.

Will needs to come back and you just can't get rid of Sark though I understand why he's not in every episode this season.

Now that Dixon is back in the field I'd like to see him hang around. But if he goes back to being the useless chacter he was last season, I'd be ready to vote him off the island.
Old 01-13-05, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
I tired of Sloan last season.
Old 01-13-05, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd say Nadia. She will just try to be a Sid clone. Besides, bringing in an unknown sibling hasn't worked before (AKA Dawn on Buffy).

BTW: Exactly how does a kid of an American and Russian turn out to have Latin ancestory?
Old 01-13-05, 10:26 AM

I think the best thing for the show would be to isolate Sidney. Have Dixon retire or get fired, kill Vaughn, Sloane and Jack could kill each other I don't care and then reveal Marshall to be an evil genius.
Old 01-13-05, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 229 Likes on 157 Posts
Rambaldi
Old 01-13-05, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
Sydney Bristow ... Jennifer Garner wants to be a movie star anyways
Ducks for cover
Old 01-13-05, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by chowderhead
Sydney Bristow ... Jennifer Garner wants to be a movie star anyways
Ducks for cover
What are you talking about she is a movie star didn't you see Dude Where's My Car?!
Old 01-13-05, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I like when characters move on to keep the show fresh. Alias needs to do this and I think it's time for Sloan go.
As for Vaughn, he is getting on my nerves a bit too. Cant he crack more than one facial expression?
Old 01-13-05, 01:55 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

yeah they should re shuffle the cast and bring new people in.
Old 01-13-05, 02:36 PM

Get rid of Vaughn. He's boring and Vartan kinda sucks. I'd actually like to see Will come back...at least he was pretty funny (even early on when he was an imbecile), and I liked the idea of this outsider taking part in this secret CIA world.

I'm also tired of Sloane (though I agree that Rifkin is great). Nadia can stay.
Old 01-13-05, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The one person I would want to keep is Sloane. From there, Jack. After that, anyone can go, Garner included.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.