Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

L&O - "Ain't No Love" (1/12/05) (Come on in and celebrate with me and Red Dog!))

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

L&O - "Ain't No Love" (1/12/05) (Come on in and celebrate with me and Red Dog!))

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-05, 05:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Red Dog
Yeah, but you don't know that when you watch the season finale of Season 8.
I know, that is why I said when she came back.
Old 01-14-05, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 636 Likes on 510 Posts
Originally Posted by Brak55
Now if they would just get the robot DA off of L&O:SVU...

I like Casey. Not as much as I liked Alex, but I like the character.
Old 01-14-05, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I finally watched this last night, and the ending made me laugh for about 5 straight minutes. That so came out of nowhere - the firing and then the lesbian announcement (despite tiny hints in previous episodes) - it was the delivery added to the fact that the statement was just so random that cracked me up. What a classic end to a sad run with her as ADA.
Old 01-15-05, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 145 Likes on 100 Posts
Finally watched this myself and that ending was just so stupid. I'm happy as all hell that the character is gone but as far as exits go that one was pretty lame.
Old 01-17-05, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 58 Likes on 38 Posts
A wave of panic ran over me when she asked her gay question, I could just see her coming back and suing the DA's office. It scares me just to type this, I wish they would have killed her off and do away 100% with Rhombot.
Old 01-17-05, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I can see her suing the office for wrongful dismissal. It would be a continuing storyline, but it would not be necessary for her to appear in any of the episodes. After you've been fired, you don't really interact with your old bosses anymore. Her lawyers would be dealing with Branch's lawyers. I don't think that it is such a terrible idea.
Old 02-03-05, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
I thought this little tidbit of news deserved its own thread, but I figured since it was a party, why not bring this snarky lil gift [particularly the bolded part ]..

A LAW & ORDER SPLIT: Recently departed Law & Order star Elisabeth Rohm has broken off her engagement to MSNBC legal hunk Dan Abrams, the New York Post reports. The reason for the split is not known, but extremely unreliable sources say Rohm was overheard asking Abrams, "Is this because I'm a bad thespian who played a 10-second lesbian?"
Old 02-03-05, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk God

I saw that this morning, but forgot to post it.
Old 03-09-05, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 461 Likes on 373 Posts
I'm resurrecting this thread in order to post the latest project of our "favorite" Assistant DA

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Elisabeth Rohm, who left "Law & Order" earlier this season in a watercooler moment, and Regina King, coming off her turn in "Ray," are among the latest round of actors to find work in TV pilots for next season.

Former "Dharma & Greg" star Thomas Gibson, Joey Fisher and Rob Estes are also among those headed down the pilot path.

Rohm, whose credits also include "Angel" and "Bull," and Charles Mesure ("Boogeyman"), will play the title roles in FOX's drama "Briar & Graves." The show is about a priest (Mesure) and a doctor (Rohm) who investigate religious phenomena.

In her final "L&O" episode in January, Rohm's character, prosecutor Serena Southerlyn, revealed that she was a lesbian, causing some head-scratching among the show's fans. Rohm and show creator Dick Wolf have both said they were simply looking to make her exit memorable.
Old 03-09-05, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk God

I'm impressed that she got a FOX pilot. I figured her to merit no better than UPN or maybe PAX.

Rohm + show about religious phenomena - talk about your unwatchable double-whammy for Red Dog.
Old 03-09-05, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by LorenzoL
I'm resurrecting this thread in order to post the latest project of our "favorite" Assistant DA
Nah...I like this report better...

From TVGuide.com

HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?: Elisabeth Rohm has gotten work again. As an actress. The wooden Law & Order alum has been cast in the Fox pilot Briar & Graves, about a priest and a doctor who team up to explain the unexplainable. Like how Rohm got another acting job.
Old 03-09-05, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 461 Likes on 373 Posts

The TVGuide.com report is classic.
Old 03-10-05, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That's great stuff. I never saw the bumped thread in February either.

Makes me wonder if she really chose to leave L&O. When I saw her on Kimmel, she said that she was tired of the rigors of a weekly show, and she was looking forward to doing movies and theatre. Now she is back doing a pilot?
Old 03-10-05, 07:43 AM

Received 828 Likes on 541 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
Rohm + show about religious phenomena - talk about your unwatchable double-whammy for Red Dog.
I've got to agree with you there. When I saw that you referred to yourself in the third person, I just had to laugh.

Originally Posted by movieking
Makes me wonder if she really chose to leave L&O. When I saw her on Kimmel, she said that she was tired of the rigors of a weekly show, and she was looking forward to doing movies and theatre. Now she is back doing a pilot?
For her, this will be like making a movie that will never air!
Old 04-06-05, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
It's funny, because during an episode earlier this year I was almost expecting Serena to reveal that she was gay. I think it was the "Gov Love" episode that dealt with McCoy getting the New York courts to not recognize same-sex marriages. Throughout that part of the episode she had a disapproving look on her face.

A repeat of Gov Love is airing tonight.
Old 04-07-05, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk God

Well after watching the Rohmbot scenes in Gov Love last night, you can definitely see the signs of what is to come later.