Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

American Dreams 1/9/05

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-05, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
American Dreams 1/9/05

Patty's guilt over sabotaging Tonya's science project gets the best of her, and she tries to ditch the trophy she won, but it keeps coming back, like a bad Friday the 13th sequel. Jack finally prods Patty into doing the right thing, and Patty leaves the trophy with Tonya's stuff in class.

JJ's job as marines recruiter makes him doubt if he's doing the right thing as protesters protest the recruitment office, showing photos of men who died in the war, and to make people aware of whether the soldiers are dying for the right reasons.

Henry finds out that his daughter's school is in need of classroom repairs and textbooks, and take it upon himself to rally some other parents to help in providing for a better place for their children to attend school. The school teacher puts the moves on Henry, he seems receptive to the invitation.

Sam's track team wants to have a moment of silence at a track meet to show unity since James Meredith got shot during the March to DC. The coach said the administration did not sanction such a display, and there is a small group of track athletes that still want to boycott the meet, but Sam breaks away from the pack and decides to make his statement on the track, not off the track. All but one of the athletes follows Sam's lead.

Beth wants their wedding in a Unitarian setting, Helen wants it in the Catholic church, and Beth puts her foot down, but JJ manages to convince Beth to have their wedding in a Catholic church given his wartime experience. Beth and Helen remain civil, and Beth offers her appreciation for the Pryors taking her in when she got pregnant.

Rox helps Meg makes arrangements do the rabbit dance with Chris by letting them use Rox/Luke's apartment. Chris gets pulled out of class and interrogated about his involvement with the recruitment office bombing. Meg is mad at Pete for Chris's predicament, but Pete tries to warn Meg to stop seeing Chris because he's trouble. Chris and Meg do their rabbit dance, and the next morning, Chris confesses to being the one to throw the firebomb at the recruitment office, and Meg immediately leaves Chris, feeling betrayed and lied to by him. Later, Meg turns in her college application, and when she returns home, Chris is waiting at the swings at his house, and Meg avoids him and goes immediately into her house, heartbroken by his betrayal to her.
Old 01-10-05, 06:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Patti was amusing this ep. I love how Jack was messing w/ her.

I'm tired of the Meg/Chris story - hopefully it's over.

I never knew Beth wasn't Catholic. I was happy to see that she changed her mind about getting married in the Church for J.J.'s sake -> he seems to be the more religious of the two anyhow (especially now). Jack's "what else do you have to say but 'I do" comment got a good chuckle out of me.
Old 01-10-05, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally Posted by B.A.
I'm tired of the Meg/Chris story - hopefully it's over.

Let's see. He's done Stars Hollow and Philly. Now maybe it is time for him to move to Newport.

I love how every woman Henry meets becomes a potential new mate. Henry hasn't been one to really stir the pot on racial politics, but the terrible condition of the public school, I guess that will motivate him in that area.

The question is - how many episodes until JJ thinks what he is doing is wrong.
Old 01-10-05, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Let's see. He's done Stars Hollow and Philly. Now maybe it is time for him to move to Newport.
Oh, hell no. Plus, you have to be able to at least crack a smile on that show and make a funny or two.
Old 01-10-05, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally Posted by B.A.
Oh, hell no. Plus, you have to be able to at least crack a smile on that show and make a funny or two.

He made it through Stars Hollow without doing that - same kind of 'town' as Newport.
Old 01-10-05, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Red Dog
He made it through Stars Hollow without doing that - same kind of 'town' as Newport.
Oh, don't even try comparing Stars Hollow to Newport. Two completely differents worlds...

Old 01-10-05, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Can't wait for hippie-war-protesting JJ to emerge with the long hair and beard going on strong.