Old 01-04-05, 06:25 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts
Veronica Mars 1/04/05

Just a reminder that Veronica is new tonight

"Silence of the Lamb"
Spoiler:
When Veronica uncovers information that Mac (Tina Majorino) was switched at birth with a more affluent student, she begins to re-examine questions about her own father.
Old 01-04-05, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This could be my favorite show on TV now; if not my favorite, definitely high top five. I found that the first few episodes were strong, but it lagged a bit in the middle. Lately, it has started to get back to its original form. Can't wait for tonight - but I will have to. I am going to be watching the Canada/Russia World Junior game instead.
Old 01-04-05, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Yay! a new episode.
Old 01-04-05, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 811 Likes on 600 Posts
This is the second episode that I have seen of this show. I watched the rerun last week. I really enjoyed it. Do they still replay any of the episodes on MTV? I would like to catch up. Kristen Bell is a charmer. This show comes on at a really bad time the same time as One Tree Hill, Amazing Race, and Scrubs. I hope for a dvd release. I am going to try to keep watching. I have three dish boxes at home and west coast channels so hopefully I can get in all the good Tuesday 8-9 p.m. tv.
Old 01-04-05, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Good that they gave us a break from the Kane's (mostly) and Logan, and went somewhere else w/ the story for once. Also liked seeing Keith in his old stomping grounds.
Old 01-04-05, 11:47 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Is Mac the same actress from Roswell? Damn!
Old 01-04-05, 11:47 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts
Yeah, it was nice to see an ep with a different feel. I didn't like how they ended the last episode with Logan's dad getting stabbed and ignored that this week.
Old 01-05-05, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Is Mac the same actress from Roswell?
No, she's from When a Man Loves a Woman, Waterworld, some movie about a seal, and, most recently, she was the only really likeable character in Napolean Dynamite.

She's a terrific actress, terrific in Napolean Dynamite, but she's a cute kid actor that didn't end up looking too great as she got older. I hope Hollywood doesn't cast her aside and she gets to do a lot more, maybe we'll even see a lot more of Mac.

It's such a terrific show, but I don't watch a lot of tv and even I think that they've put it in a terrible time slot. I'm not going to miss the Amazing Race for it, so I have to tape it and watch it later in the week.
Old 01-05-05, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I liked the episode. Good to see Mac again.
Old 01-05-05, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Mac is played by Tina Majorino.

The episode was good, plenty to smile about concerning Veronica's wiles (and having Weevil come in for the distraction was good for some laughs).

Madison was major beyotch, but stacked.
Old 01-05-05, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by MrX
Yeah, it was nice to see an ep with a different feel. I didn't like how they ended the last episode with Logan's dad getting stabbed and ignored that this week.
This episode was actually supposed to air before the Christmas stabbing one.
Old 01-06-05, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Anyone else notice that Sydney Poitier's daughter has mysteriously disappeared from the show? I just went back and checked and saw that she's been gone for like 4 episodes. I never even noticed til now and I've been watching the show religiously.

I loved this episode. I think Veronica Mars has pretty much become my favorite show on TV right now at this point.

Also, here's hoping we get to see more of Mac. She's a good sidekick for Veronica. The three friends working together are giving me a Buffy/Willow/Xander vibe which doesn't hurt at all.

Last edited by NitroJMS; 01-06-05 at 01:18 AM.
Old 01-06-05, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NitroJMS
I loved this episode. I think Veronica Mars has pretty much become my favorite show on TV right now at this point.

Also, here's hoping we get to see more of Mac. She's a good sidekick for Veronica. The three friends working together are giving me a Buffy/Willow/Xander vibe which doesn't hurt at all.
I'm right there with you. I don't come away from any show on right now feeling so satisfied. It's a really fun show. Sadly, I would be surprised (thrilled! but surprised) if this show see's 3 seasons.

I would also love it if Mac became part of the crew. The Veronica Mars character pretty much carries the show well by herself, but I wish she had a few people ala Willow and Xander (to a much lesser extent) to build relationships we can see.
Old 01-06-05, 09:22 AM

This is still my fav of the new season as well. I liked Mac, and it would definately add story possibilities for the future if she were a recurring chararacter at the very least.
Old 01-08-05, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Good episode. I like the jock boys being left out. Poor Clarence - he doesn't know what is coming...