Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Amazing Race 6 - 12/21/04 **Special Time (8/7 Central)**

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who Will Be Eliminated Next?
Freddy/The Amazing Racist
6.82%
Victoria/The abusive Piece of Shit that need not be named
13.64%
Hayden/Aaron
0%
Kris/Jon
2.27%
Gus/Hera
18.18%
Rebecca/Mommy's little boy
34.09%
Lori/Bolo
13.64%
nobody
11.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

The Amazing Race 6 - 12/21/04 **Special Time (8/7 Central)**

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-04, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,201 Likes on 4,228 Posts
Originally Posted by B.A.
I can't take credit for that, someone else through it out in last week's thread.
That would be me I was quite proud of it at the time, but it didn't apply tonight at all.
Pretty good episode, up until the Happy Days-like ending. Did anyone else think that Victoria being interviewed without make up looked exactly like Axl Rose? Too bad it's not; Axl and APOSTNNBN would make a good couple, y'know a fair fight. I loved how APOSTNNBN kept berating Gus for "stealing his seats" as if Gus had any idea that the other team was at another counter at that very minute. What a friggin' baby. I need a list of all of APOSTNNBN's business ventures so that I don't accidentally patronize one of them.
Old 12-22-04, 02:30 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right, well, I didn't catch the time change, so I missed it, so I'm off to kill myself now
Old 12-22-04, 05:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"To be Continued"

I kept looking at the TiVo bar wondering what kind of surprise would await them in the Net Cafe, because there was no talk of pit stop with only a few minutes left.

I wonder if this was originally meant as a 2 hour special, but the Kennedy Center deal changed that?
Old 12-22-04, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
I loved the foreboding "dum-de-dum-dum" music as Victoria and APOSTNNBN walked up at the train station just after Gus said he hoped they would miss the train.
Old 12-22-04, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
I couldn't believe that they ended with "To be continued" part. I need closure dammit.

Anyways, Freddy and Kendra are becoming my second most hated team. It looked that in yesterday episode she was trying to create some tension or conflict with Freddy almost as if the producer told her to "act up" some more. I started laughing when she yelled at Freddy when he told her to relax, when they had to wait for the bungee spring or whatever that thing was called. Another one is Hayden and Aaron. They all acted as if they were trying to steal the spotlight from Jonathan.

I can't stand watching Victoria and Jonathan anymore. I just want them to be gone.
If the producers start choosing contestants like them for future installments, I'll stop watching it.

I respect Gus for not punching the living daylights out of Jonathan when he started accusing him of stealing his plane seats. If I was in his shoes, I would have beaten the living crap out of him or at least broken his jaw so he couldn't yell "Victoooooria" anymore.
Old 12-22-04, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
I loved it when Kris and Jon were taking in the sights while riding around, and just being the most functional pairing ever on TAR.
I hope that they win TAR. Imagine if APOSTNNBN wins the race, I don't even want to think about that.
Old 12-22-04, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 617 Likes on 496 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
I loved it when Kris and Jon were taking in the sights while riding around, and just being the most functional pairing ever on TAR.

They're so good that they're boring though. Well except when Kris' top gets soaked.
Old 12-22-04, 08:27 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I'm rooting for two teams: Kris/Jon and Gus/Hera.

Wow, how about that ending? The "To Be Continued" thing indicates that we may be in for quite an episode next week (or at least I hope so). A couple moments that I believe are forshadowing for what's to come:

* KKKendra's remark that "All we have to do is go to the internet café, finish there, and we're off to the pitstop!" Thus setting up the rest of the leg as an "easy" couple tasks.

* Lori and Bolo are HOURS behind everybody else. Because of the "To Be Continued" it's a safe bet that they won't be eliminated next episode.

I'm thinking that the prediction of John/Victoria getting kicked next episode is probably the best theory out there, but whatever happens I bet it's a doozy.
Old 12-22-04, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk God

I just wonder if the longer leg was originally planned this way or that the producers saw how far behind Team Sterioid was and made some alterations.
Old 12-22-04, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho

I'm thinking that the prediction of John/Victoria getting kicked next episode is probably the best theory out there...

Oh, man, that would make my frigging Christmas perfect.

Are those cars really that bad or did the producers want at least 1 team to miss the train to create this tension-fllled "to be continued."
Old 12-22-04, 09:30 AM

The best in the show was when APOSTNNBN said, "I know all about cars, I know were the clutch is at."

If I was gus I would have kicked APOSTNNBN right in the teeth.
Old 12-22-04, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts
Gus had some good things to say in responce to APOSTNNBN's "you took my tickets" statements. something like "little bastard".
Old 12-22-04, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
But, what's funny is that the editing of Kris/Jon as a counterpoint to the Victoria/APOSASFSDSF is what makes Kris/Jon so much more endearing to me (boring or not). It's like the producers are saying: sure, you can be a jackass about things, but you don't have to be, and still remain positive and competitive.
Old 12-22-04, 11:45 AM

Location: The Fair City of Detroit, ok, The Fair Suburbs of Detroit
I have a question for all of you TAR diehards out there.

When Jonothan was at the ticket counter at the airport and he was trying to get on the first flight, he said something like "we'll even pay for an upgrade."

I remember in a previous season, another couple was in a similar situation where the plane was full and taking a later flight would put them behind the other teams. I think that they mentioned that they couldn't purchase business class tickets because the rules stated that they had to fly together and fly in either coach or economy class.

So, any idea what would have happened to J/V had they tried to purchase first class tickets? Would they have stopped them from doing so, or let them go ahead with the race and either penalize or eliminate them at the pitstop?
Old 12-22-04, 11:50 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I didn't hear him say that, but you are correct JEStinson3...John and Victoria would have been assessed a penalty had they been allowed to upgrade...probably the time difference between them and the next flight.
Old 12-22-04, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by JEStinson3
So, any idea what would have happened to J/V had they tried to purchase first class tickets?
First class would have no doubt emptied, with the previously paying patrons insisting "No, you go ahead. We'll catch the next one".

And J/V would have been been assessed a time penalty of the time gained plus some nominal amount added as well. There's been cases in the past where a team (Tian/Jaree?) took a cab instead of walked, and another where some team (Momily) took a cab instead of a bus, and each were penalized the time gained plus an additional 30 minutes or an hour or so.
Old 12-22-04, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Khalid
Are those cars really that bad or did the producers want at least 1 team to miss the train to create this tension-fllled "to be continued."
The shortcomings of the Trabant are well-known. I don't think any of the cars were purposely sabotaged but they were probably selected for their touchiness. All of the cars were probably drivable if you had the magic touch, but anyone unfamiliar with a choke or a manual transmission were fighting an uphill battle. The producers probably selected "one with tricky gears," "one that is hard to start," etc. just to make it interesting.
Old 12-22-04, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I looked at the tape again, he just asked if they could upgrade them up to first class so they could get on the plane. But no matter what, they would not be allowed to do that, or of course suffer some penalty.

Now to my thought/question. I do not believe the wrestlers can catch up. Correct me if I am wrong but they first definitely have to take the train, correct in the clue they read? If so, they of course have to wait until something like 7:30 in the morning for the first train. Here is my question, what time was the cafe open from? 10 P.M.-??? (Watched the tape and did not say what time open until although appeared to be 10-10) Is it open late enough in the morning for them to catch up and make up 9.5 hours plus whatever the travel time was between boarding the train and the cafe. That seems like a far strectch if the cafe is even still open. The only obvious way is if the producers are bad like they have appeared to have been quite a bit this year with having something in every leg this time around that has allowed teams to all bunch up again. I could see if this was a 2 hour episode like someone suggested and there is yet another place that has operating hours that allow the wrestlers to catch up or perhaps we do have APOS moment with his wife and they get kicked off the show.
Old 12-22-04, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by JEStinson3
I have a question for all of you TAR diehards out there.

When Jonothan was at the ticket counter at the airport and he was trying to get on the first flight, he said something like "we'll even pay for an upgrade."

I remember in a previous season, another couple was in a similar situation where the plane was full and taking a later flight would put them behind the other teams. I think that they mentioned that they couldn't purchase business class tickets because the rules stated that they had to fly together and fly in either coach or economy class.

So, any idea what would have happened to J/V had they tried to purchase first class tickets? Would they have stopped them from doing so, or let them go ahead with the race and either penalize or eliminate them at the pitstop?
Actually, I thought he was asking for a "bump" into first class. I took that to mean he wanted to pay for coach (or whatever) but sit in first class.
Old 12-22-04, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by bralph
Actually, I thought he was asking for a "bump" into first class. I took that to mean he wanted to pay for coach (or whatever) but sit in first class.
That is also how I read the situation, and I'm not so certain that it would be against the rules. It seems they allow a certain amount of social engineering to occur, so if you're able to follow the rule of "must buy economy-class ticket" but you sweet talk someone into letting you sit in a first-class seat, then more power to you.
Old 12-22-04, 01:03 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by Groucho
I didn't hear him say that, but you are correct JEStinson3...John and Victoria would have been assessed a penalty had they been allowed to upgrade...probably the time difference between them and the next flight.
Right and Wrong Groucho I think

If the airline upgrades them then there is no fault.

They cannot purchase tickets for any class above the normal economy class, but nothing in the rules prevents the teams from being given an upgrade.

we have seen several times teams in upper class seats, or business class.
Old 12-22-04, 01:05 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Jonathan is a fucking idiot, he's giving Gus a hard time because they used their brains. That guy definately needs a punch in the face. If they get eliminated, I wonder how he'd react, probably beat his wife and Phil up.
Old 12-22-04, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Fok
Jonathan is a fucking idiot, he's giving Gus a hard time because they used their brains. That guy definately needs a punch in the face. If they get eliminated, I wonder how he'd react, probably beat his wife and Phil up.
Sorry, Jonathan seems like the type of guy who only beats up on submissive women and kids. Phil'd bitch-slap him like Jonathan only dreams about doing to Victoria.

Also when all the teams went from the castle (the Roadblock) to the trainstation, did the clue say how they specifically had to get themselves there? I was distracted and I thought some teams took cabs, some walked but I thought one team took their Trabant. Could there be a penalty situation that'll get sprung at the pit-stop?
Old 12-22-04, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How exactly did Gus get the tickets before Jonathon? Did his agent just key it in the system first?
Old 12-22-04, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by movieking
How exactly did Gus get the tickets before Jonathon? Did his agent just key it in the system first?

That's what I assumed.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.