Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Project Runway -- Appreciation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-10, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts
Re: Project Runway Season 8 - July 29

I really wish Casanova had got sent home. He just seems so creepy to me.

And I don't care how good some of Mondo's outfits are, his own taste in clothes is too bizarre to look at...
Old 08-15-10, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't understand the judges' love for Gretchen's designs. How on earth was that ugly-ass skirt she made in the top three?

Glad Andy's cool black dress won.
Old 08-15-10, 02:53 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

The skirt looked weak to me, but the leather jacket. was awesome.
I think when you do separates it's always a winner.
Old 08-20-10, 06:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm glad Michael C. won last night because it pissed everyone else off.

Ugh! I cannot stand that chatterbox Ivy.
Old 08-20-10, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LiquidSky
I'm glad Michael C. won last night because it pissed everyone else off.

Ugh! I cannot stand that chatterbox Ivy.
Agreed. I can't stand Gretchen(man, she had the make-up plastered on this week), but at least she has won the first two challenges. When Ivy said that she couldn't believe that Michael C. won and that she and Gretchen wasn't in the top, I new that she was dead to me. Ivy's work sucks and she probably should have already been sent home in week 1 for making pants out of pants.
Old 08-20-10, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Gretchen is a huge bitch and needs to be in the bottom two ASAP.

I must have extremely low fashion sense, because almost every week I am wrong about what the judges are going to rave over. I thought that cardboard top was ugly.
Old 08-20-10, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
When Ivy said that she couldn't believe that Michael C. won and that she and Gretchen wasn't in the top, I new that she was dead to me. Ivy's work sucks and she probably should have already been sent home in week 1 for making pants out of pants.
That made me LOL! Who the heck is she to judge other's fashions when her's are bad? That affected valley-girl voice drives me up the wall.

Last edited by LiquidSky; 08-20-10 at 09:29 AM.
Old 08-27-10, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Very glad Tim called the one team out on their bullshit. Gretchen is such an asshole and so is Ivy.
Old 08-27-10, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Pardon my French, but Gretchen is a **** and toady Ivy is right there with her. Ivy should have gone home with that incredibly fugly Bea Arthur outfit. It's good to see that the judge's now view Gretchen in a new light although Kors' is full of shit when he says that past performance doesn't count in the judging. Tim's smackdown at the end was priceless.
Old 08-27-10, 09:40 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Cracking episode.

In actuality giving the win to Michael C last week created this monster. Had he not won it would have been an easy choice.

and he didnt deserve the win.
Old 08-27-10, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
Cracking episode.

In actuality giving the win to Michael C last week created this monster. Had he not won it would have been an easy choice.

and he didnt deserve the win.
I still think that Ivy should have gone ahead of Michael Costello.
Old 08-27-10, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think A.J.'s shirt dress was worse that Michael C.'s design this week.
Old 09-02-10, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Betty Broderick, aka Peach, is no more. Some truly bad outfits this week. I'm sure that Michael C. is a bit of an ass, but from the Lifetime edit, I don't see where all the hate is coming from. This season kind of reminds me of Season 2 of Top Chef and Michael C. is playing the Marcel part. Since I find most of the designers to be dicks, I'll be rooting for Michael C. to continue to be a fly in their collective ointment.

P.S.- I still despise Ivy & Gretchen.
Old 09-03-10, 04:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Betty Broderick, aka Peach, is no more. Some truly bad outfits this week. I'm sure that Michael C. is a bit of an ass, but from the Lifetime edit, I don't see where all the hate is coming from. This season kind of reminds me of Season 2 of Top Chef and Michael C. is playing the Marcel part. Since I find most of the designers to be dicks, I'll be rooting for Michael C. to continue to be a fly in their collective ointment.

P.S.- I still despise Ivy & Gretchen.
I agree 100% I can't understand why in the world they hate Michael C SO MUCH! I mean generally they can at least fake some excitement for the winner to their face, and then whine behind their back, but when he said he won, no one would even say congratulations. And Ivy was the biggest witch of them all, when he came in and said he won she was like "well of course you did" with her snarky attitude. Its so high school, Ivy and Gretchen are the popular girls that like to talk smack and no one stands up to them or says anything different. Kudos to Casanova for at least being nice to Michael C after his win. And you want to know Gretchen and Ivy, if you were so freaking great, then you would have the winning design. I thought Gretchen's dress was out of this WORLD bad!

And additionally, when they were at the designers showcase, I wouldn't have blamed Michael C one BIT if he had told people that Ivy was a bitch and not to vote for her because...

1) thats the truth, she is a bitch

2) if your design is so weak that people can be swayed by the fact that some random guy is telling them that you're a bitch then your design needs work!

3) all is fair in love and war, Gretchen and the entire team threw Michael C under the bus at the last challenge, making him look bad to the judges that have to make the decision to cut or keep him in the future, that is far worse then telling a bunch of random people off the street that someone is a bitch, especially since those people really didn't make the decision on who would go home in that challenge or any future challenge

And then when he tried to talk to her about it, naturally her response was to be a bitch! Ivy, no one is trying to play mental checkers with you, your work isn't strong enough to even warrant that. I mean her pants and top were cute, but Casanova's pants and top were far better.

I don't know that Michael C is amazingly talented, and maybe its just creative editing, but I don't think that anyone deserves to be treated so poorly. I mean goodness Gretchen and Ivy, if you are both SOOOOO super talented, and if Michael C is SO SO SO VERY UNTALENTED then why can't you just let him have his little bit of time in the light, let him have his little victories? I mean surely neither of you super duper talented designers really needs immunity, right?

Sorry to see Peaches go home, but man was that dress horrible
Old 09-03-10, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Count me in as not understanding all the hate for Michael C. The designers are a bunch of "Bitter Bettys" and I love seeing them seethe everytime he wins or the judges compliment him. When he walked in telling them that he had won, the rest looked like they were at a funeral.

I liked Mondo's dress. It was groovy. I can see him making it to the final three.

Gretchen is still a turd and Ivy is a complete nutjob. Her valley girl voice makes me want to rip her tongue out and slap Gretchen with it.

Although Peach made some horrible designs, she seemed like a nice gal and fun to be around...more so than all the sour grapes.
Old 09-03-10, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Something funny I found on another site:

"And Ivy - yeesh... what a rude response to Michael's announcement that he'd won -- you complete child. You remind me of those spastic little cheerleaders in the "Bring It On" movies who yelp like my neighbor's chihuahua, panting like puppies to brown-nose the head cheerleader, trying to increase your own self-worth by the degree of acknowledgement you can gain from the 'top dog'. Take a valium and a shot of humility, will ya?"
Old 09-03-10, 11:35 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

I certainly didn't think his design was win worthy. the lace top.

I'm enjoying the season, Peach was a good sport. Michael C will be around for another week, and what the hell was Michael D wearing? Prison Wear? Street Wear? Mexican Wear?

Mondo's dress was superb, massive transformation
Old 09-03-10, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

God I despise Gretchen and Ivy...now I know understand how the Russel haters feel.
Old 09-05-10, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Gretchen's reaction when Michael C. won for a second time. I hope he wins again!!!

Old 09-05-10, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The best part is that Michael C doesn't even throw his wins in their face. He wins or gets praise and is kind of mousy about it, that they show anyway. Gretchen wins and goes off on a tangent about what everyone can learn from her.
Old 09-10-10, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

What is it going to take to get Ivy booted from the show? Good to see some other designers get a taste of the Ivy treatment. Mondo showed class in admitting his dicky behavior and now he and Michael C. look to be BFF.
Old 09-10-10, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

SBJ: I'm glad as well that someone else got the "Ivy Treatment". I swear someone needs to stick a pin cushion up her butt! LOL. She should have received the boot last night.

I didn't care for April's design....cannot see too many women wearing that outside of the bedroom. I thought Andy should have won.
Old 09-10-10, 11:33 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Andy's looked excellent, I think it looked better because his model was superb.. There was good movement there!

I'm glad April's won though, and it is pretty perfect for the type of resort wear they were looking for.

I thought mondo's was fun initially, but it did look very Gwen Stefani.
Old 09-17-10, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Congrats to Mondo (although I hated the clothes he wore). Glad bitchy Andy got his ass handed to him by the judges.
Old 09-17-10, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What I want to know is that if Michael C. is such a shitty sewer, how can he crank out multiple outfits in the time frame that the other designers struggle with one? Also, I wish that Heidi would 86 that Bonnie Franklin hairstyle posthaste.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.