Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Project Runway -- Appreciation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-08, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know what it is about Jillian that makes me go "mmm". oh wait, yeah I do, she's really cute and would be more if she smiled from time to time but it's the board up her ass that I think is what attracts me to her so much. lol

anyways.

how chris is still there, no idea. i'm happy ricky finally won. he's been on the bottom so much, I felt bad for the guy. Like why was he still there? I'd like to see Sweet P or Chris go next.
Old 01-26-08, 03:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by mphtrilogy
This season has been a shocker, Kit and Victoria were back to back.. it sure seems to me that Chris, Sweet P and Ricky are all weaker designers then those two. I don't recall pas seasons when quality like that was booted before what sure seems like weaker opponents.

Strange.

I think its looking like Rami, Jillian and a wild card for the third.. maybe Christian? Who's act is getting very old.
I think it's almost impossible to top season three's debacle elimination of Alison before Vincent and Angela.

Victoria leaving was somewhat of a surprise, but it's better than them knocking off Jillian. Sweet Pea and Ricky should both already be gone (though her designs have been better lately, she should have left for that shirt during the Tiki Barber challenge), and Chris has already been eliminated once. I can't see either Ricky or Chris sneaking into the top 3, but who knows.
Old 02-06-08, 11:23 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
Well things are looking up!

Chris won the challenge which was a bit of a wtf! challenge, I loved Jillian's outfit, and Christian's was of course Fierce. It really was. for me both Chris and Jillian's models loved the outfits.

Michael Kors was great at judging this.

Rami's was bizarre, and sweet pea, I know she could have done better.

Glad the Hat wearing one has left the building!

For me the hottest chick of the wwe womens was Jillians.
Old 02-06-08, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 223 Likes on 148 Posts

Waah, I got eliminated! Waah! Sob...sob...sob
Old 02-07-08, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
Well things are looking up!

Chris won the challenge which was a bit of a wtf! challenge, I loved Jillian's outfit, and Christian's was of course Fierce. It really was. for me both Chris and Jillian's models loved the outfits.
Chris totally got Maria's image to a T. She's involved in a decent sized angle right now because she's posing for Playboy next month. It should be interesting to see her in the outfit next Monday. In retrospect it was good that Christian didn't win because his diva has already been fired.
Old 02-07-08, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Gotta love the booty shorts. Jillian, Chris and Christian all did strong work.

Glad The Crier is finally gone. They should've booted Sweet Pea as well for making Candice Michelle look bad.
Old 02-07-08, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm glad Chris won this week. What's up with Sweet P.? The outfit was supposed to be wild/outrageous and she was afraid to go all the way.
Old 02-07-08, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The hoodie Chris made was amazing! Loved Christians outfit...it was fierce. Rami? He is slipping. Jillian is incrediblily creative and an amazing seamstress. Based on the body of work, she deserves to win, and she could take it all if she doesnt overdo her workload on fashion week. Sweet Pea has more lives than a cat.
Old 02-07-08, 10:56 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

I think Sweet P made a bad selection with the material for the reveal piece. Then at that point it was too much silver shiny stuff.
Old 02-07-08, 11:08 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Ugh, can't stand that Sweet Pea is still around. I can't stand the contestants that constantly screw up and blame the challenges. You knew what Project Runway was about before you signed up.
Old 02-07-08, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Jillian
Old 02-07-08, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aww, I like Sweet P. This wasn't a good week for her though. She over-thought it.
Old 02-08-08, 01:58 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

I Also like sweet pea, she grew on me a lot throug the show, but I don't see her in the final 3, I still think its Jillian, rami and Christian, unless Rami fucks up real bad next week
Old 02-08-08, 01:37 PM

Jillian made Michelle look even hotter!
Old 02-14-08, 12:06 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

This is the outcome I was expecting.

Rami was lucky tonight for sure, he needed to change it up, the judges were tied I'm sure as they know Chris will bring the fashion show, and Rami will bring the draping.

I don't really see how Christian is losing this.
Old 02-14-08, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

While I liked Sweet P, (except for all the hideous tattoos...what was up with that this year anyway? Were they trying to top Jeffrey?) I didn't have a problem with her leaving. Honestly, I always felt she should have left for that "shirt" she made for the Tiki Barber challenge.

Even though his dress was safe I also would have picked Rami over Chris for basically the same reason. Chris had already been eliminated once.

It was clear from the beginning that Christian and Jillian deserved two of the top spots. I'm rooting for Jillian.
Old 02-14-08, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mwbmis
It was clear from the beginning that Christian and Jillian deserved two of the top spots. I'm rooting for Jillian.
Agreed! I hope Jillian wins. I think Christian is very talented but his ego is wild.
Old 02-14-08, 09:02 AM

I also am rooting for Jillian, but Christian is fierce! His creations always look very couture to me.

Rami you better bring it! You are almost gonna lose it to a drag queen costume maker!
Old 02-14-08, 11:02 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Sweet P's Tattoo's rock. Well mainly the sleeve on her right arm rocks.
most of them have Tattoo's.
Christian does also, his is a work in progress.

the thing that will no doubt kill Jillian is actually having to prepare more than one garment. Her time management has always been horrendous.

Tim in his blog seemed to be upset that Chris was sleeping. Not pleased at all.

I would have chose Chris over Rami. No Question, Rami has been told on so many occasions to not do the draping!!
Old 02-14-08, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
Sweet P's Tattoo's rock. Well mainly the sleeve on her right arm rocks.
most of them have Tattoo's.
Christian does also, his is a work in progress.

the thing that will no doubt kill Jillian is actually having to prepare more than one garment. Her time management has always been horrendous.
If you say so. Personally, I thought it was a contest between Sweet P, Christian, Kit, Jack, and Kevin as to who looked the worst, but I guess we all have different tastes.

I don't know how much time management will be a detriment to Jillian. Look at it this way...she clearly is someone who likes to take her time, and she's had months to put together her collection (I don't know the exact timeline, but Krystal from the WWE got fired in October and that's when Candace broke her collarbone so the show had wrapped before then). I think the extra time might be a benefit. Either way, Christian is going to be hard to beat.
Old 02-16-08, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Just a warning... There's a pretty big spoiler in this week's Entertainment Weekly. It shows some of the line each designer created for fashion week. Disappointing for the viewer, since the Fashion Week episode won't air until week after next.

Also,
Spoiler:
Sweet P has a line for some reason.
Old 02-16-08, 01:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mwbmis
Either way, Christian is going to be hard to beat.
Ditto.

He's easily the most creative and ambitious of the bunch, and is construction is on par with Rami's. Doubly impressive considering his age.

Can't wait to see the final couple of eps.

And regarding Sweet P...

Spoiler:
One of my students mentioned that she had seen photos of the final five designer's collections on Getty Images. No idea why all five had lines, but my student was adamant that I check out the pics.
Old 02-16-08, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TimeandTide

And regarding Sweet P...

Spoiler:
One of my students mentioned that she had seen photos of the final five designer's collections on Getty Images. No idea why all five had lines, but my student was adamant that I check out the pics.
Spoiler:
From what I understand all five showed so they could preserve the intergrity of the show's eliminations. If Sweet P hadn't shown then everyone would have known that she was being eliminated.
Old 02-28-08, 10:32 AM

wow, what is up with the collections? Seriously, human hair? how marketable is that? and christian? Wow that sneak peak did not look so fierce to me!!?
Old 02-28-08, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think Chris should have been picked over Rami. Also, the judges complain about clothing looking too "costume-ish". Well, I took a peek at Christian's collection and some of it looks very "costume-ish". I'm sure he will win anyway. The judges are not very consistent.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.