Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

.hack//Legend/Bracelet

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-04, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
.hack//Legend/Bracelet

A Show listed as ".hack//Legend/Bracelet" comes on at like 2am my time on Cartoon Network and my kid enjoys it. (We tape it. I know I need to get a DVR, but at this time I am still using tape.)

Anyway...I am looking for the show on DVD and I'm finding things that I don't think are the same. I see .hack//Sign DVDs,which I think are before this show began, and I see a DVD for '.hack//Legend of the Twilight." Is this the same thing? Is the real name of the show on CN Friday late night called Legend of the Twilight Bracelet? Is it yet another series that is not on DVD?

I'm getting confusing responses to my internet searches, so I thought I'd turn to my fellow DVDTalkers. Thanks in advance for any info.
Old 12-05-04, 05:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Here's a quick rundown I found of the different shows:

.hack//SIGN released in 2002 follows Tsukasa who is one of those characters unable to log out of the world. With the help of a small band of friends they try discover the reason Tsukasa cannot leave the online world.

In .hack//Liminality the mysterious coma of a player is investigated by Mai who is seeking all of the answers in the real world. The story line in the game follows a 14 year old boy named Kite. He is invited by his friend Orca to enter "The World". While in the game Orca falls into a coma and Kite along with a few companions must find the answers to the mysteries of "The World" and the comatose players.

The 2003 release of .Hack Legend of the Twilight Bracelet takes place 4 years after the end of the game story line. The story follows twins Rena and Shuugo as they enter "The World" after winning the prize to use the retired characters of Blackrose and Kite- the legendary .hackers. The players are once again in danger with only Shuugo, his friends and the mysterious Aura to protect the "The World" from destruction.
Old 12-05-04, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks Thrush! Do you know if the DVD called "Legend of the Twilight" is the same as 'Legend of the Twilight BRACELET"?
Old 12-06-04, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yes, sometimes they abbreviate the title sometimes its written in full but its the same one as far as I know.

http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews/ca...egory=1&view=0
Old 12-06-04, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

"She slides a large golden bracelet onto his arm and tells him that he's key to saving the world and then sends him back into the game." (From the link.)

Thanks Thrush! My kid will be very happy, as we've missed many episodes!
Old 12-07-04, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,941 Likes on 1,502 Posts
.Hack/Legend of the Twilight Bracelet is pretty short... only three DVDs total, I think. While .Hack/Sign is the precursor to this series, be warned it is much, much different in style and tone. While Twilight is a lot lighter and fluffier, Sign is pretty slow-moving and even confusing at times.

To further confuse people, .Hack is actually a multimedia "event" that was brought over here... so there are also videogames based on the same universe, and card game, etc.